Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Closed Thread

Old 12 Sep 2011, 18:54 (Ref:2954633)   #1
Deemun
Racer

Deemun should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Formula Ford 2012

All-new Formula Ford races into view for 2012 at Frankfurt Show

http://www.britishformulaford.co.uk/...011/120911.htm
Old 12 Sep 2011, 20:12 (Ref:2954671)   #2
GolddustMini
Veteran

GolddustMini should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not sure i like that to be honest, its as if they found an old picture of the zip formula car and tried to recreate it.....
Old 14 Sep 2011, 13:47 (Ref:2955445)   #3
Superior
Rookie

Denmark
Denmark
Superior should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Formula Ford 2012

What do you think?

http://www.britishformulaford.co.uk/news/2011/120911.htm

I fear that it will be quite expensive!
The death of Formula Ford?
Old 15 Sep 2011, 02:14 (Ref:2955710)   #4
fer312t
Rookie

fer312t should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So, whats the story on this car...is this intended as the start of a new spec FF series?...or do you buy this package from FORD for to compete against the existing manufacturers?
Old 15 Sep 2011, 06:08 (Ref:2955736)   #5
FFfan
Racer

FFfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFFfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFFfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fer312t View Post
So, whats the story on this car...is this intended as the start of a new spec FF series?...or do you buy this package from FORD for to compete against the existing manufacturers?
Current manufacturers such as Mygale & Van Diemen are building new spec cars. Meanwhile the current generation of Duratec cars will be still be eligible next year as Class B cars.

Last edited by chunterer; 15 Sep 2011 at 13:22. Reason: moved the 2 posts into this new thread. cheers
Old 15 Sep 2011, 06:50 (Ref:2955744)   #6
Valker
Veteran

Finland
Tampere, Finland
Valker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In some pictures there are Mygale personel working on the car. That makes me wonder if the "Ford" show car is actually the 2012 Mygale or will their own product differ from this one.

Some parts are same for all in sake of aerodynamic equivalence and brand identity but has anyone heard which exact areas are free and which must stay in spec?
Old 15 Sep 2011, 09:41 (Ref:2955803)   #7
Vantaa
Rookie

Finland
Vantaa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wow! Bye Bye Formula Ford as we know it

Surely the new cars will be very expensive. I predict to more cars running in "Class B" than in these paska looking toys!
Old 15 Sep 2011, 10:34 (Ref:2955837)   #8
Juntos
Veteran

Juntos is a back marker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantaa View Post
Surely the new cars will be very expensive. I predict to more cars running in "Class B" than in these paska looking toys!
Seriously. No one's gonna believe that.
Old 15 Sep 2011, 11:48 (Ref:2955874)   #9
Superior
Rookie

Denmark
Denmark
Superior should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry, didnt see the other thread

I'm not only looking at the UK championship, but also the Benelux and the Danish championships.
With a total of, say 40 cars, the market for a new FF is very limited.

I think the plan is to attract teams from other formulae, like Renault, ADAC and the former Formula BMW. I have heard that Jamun wont join until there is a reasonable grid!

ยด
Old 20 Sep 2011, 09:51 (Ref:2958407)   #10
Vantaa
Rookie

Finland
Vantaa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That is great, bring the new teams in to build championship.
But how about the current "smaller" teams?

Jamun say they wont join unless there is a big grid. But if the other teams cant afford to buy new car, how will that grid grow?

A point? Part the new regs too introduce road car technology. Sequential Gear box then ??
Old 20 Sep 2011, 10:41 (Ref:2958424)   #11
formerf1champ
Veteran

Australia
Vettel's gearbox preparing bench
formerf1champ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would any manufacturer have the vision, or gumption, to take advantage of this and create a real FFord type class?
Old 20 Sep 2011, 11:53 (Ref:2958455)   #12
FFfan
Racer

FFfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFFfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFFfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by formerf1champ View Post
Would any manufacturer have the vision, or gumption, to take advantage of this and create a real FFord type class?
Mygale have a car ready and Van Diemen are in the process of building one.

I have no problem with the concept here but I do question the timing. Race grids are much thinner than we'd like them to be. British FF, although down in numbers on last year has been realatively healthy with grids nudging 20 cars in the UK and 30 in the Euro Cup. Contrast this with UK Formula Renault which struggles to field a dozen cars.

Unless Ford are able to offer a major incentive to teams to field the new car then I fear grids will dwindle as costs increase. I hope that I am proved wrong as I will hate to see the continuation of Formula Ford threatened.
Old 21 Sep 2011, 12:39 (Ref:2959053)   #13
formerf1champ
Veteran

Australia
Vettel's gearbox preparing bench
formerf1champ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I didn't mean the constructor, the manufacturer. There used to be Vauxhall jnr for instance or a beefed up FVee, it's only supposed to be an entry level class. Then again, typically, the increased cost is in building the car not the engine. Thinking some more, the biggest problem with FFord is factory teams, or in Australia, wannabe V8Supercar teams taking over the class where it should be just for privateers.
Old 30 Sep 2011, 07:13 (Ref:2962826)   #14
brakedisc
Racer

brakedisc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ford have announced that they will help teams with equipment. What sort of "bribe" is on offer? Will it be free engines or something similiar?

Will Jamun move on or will they take the incentive to continue from Ford?
I for one would like to see them move on but where would they go. Most of the options are even more expensive.

Rules stability is what competitors want so that they can get a return on their investment. If they must change things why not go cheaper. It is all very well saying it is to align the formula with the road cars but how foolish would the Ford guys look if no one bought new cars.
Old 30 Sep 2011, 11:04 (Ref:2962901)   #15
Carsandmotorracing
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland NZ
Carsandmotorracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like it. Apart from that terrible front end.

I think the teams will manage as well.
Old 30 Sep 2011, 20:57 (Ref:2963212)   #16
Deemun
Racer

"Will Jamun move on or will they take the incentive to continue from Ford?
I for one would like to see them move on but where would they go. Most of the options are even more expensive".

Perhaps Jamun & Malvern will move on together next year
Old 3 Oct 2011, 20:58 (Ref:2965173)   #17
brakedisc
Racer

I saw your suggestion that "national" class in BF3 might be an option for Jamun.

WAY TO GO.

And even better if Scott could join them.
Old 21 Oct 2011, 22:33 (Ref:2974966)   #18
Deemun
Racer

The new FF ECOBOOST car was out testing again today at Silverstone with Scott Malvern at the wheel
Old 13 Nov 2011, 15:48 (Ref:2985599)   #19
Deemun
Racer

I hear new the car will be out testing again this week at Brands Hatch with Scott Malvern as the driver.
Old 14 Nov 2011, 09:07 (Ref:2986052)   #20
brakedisc
Racer

Any sign of the new Mygale? They say it has much smaller bodywork than the car they produced for Ford.
Old 30 Dec 2011, 13:23 (Ref:3005519)   #21
Valker
Veteran

Finland
Tampere, Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by brakedisc View Post
Any sign of the new Mygale? They say it has much smaller bodywork than the car they produced for Ford.
Their website has photos of the Ford car and they call it M12-SJ. http://www.mygale.fr/en/?page=products_formuleford2012

Any news about Van Diemen, Ray et.al. or will the new FF EcoBoost become yet another mono type series?
Old 30 Dec 2011, 17:13 (Ref:3005592)   #22
Simon Davey
Rookie

Simon Davey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valker View Post
Any news about Van Diemen, Ray et.al. or will the new FF EcoBoost become yet another mono type series?
Hi Valker - although I think you mean a "one make" type series when you say "mono" type, please could you avoid using the term "mono" in this way. This is because Mono is a commonly used abbrievation for Monoposto, which I think comes from the Italian word for single seater. In the UK Monoposto is a big single seater championship which includes most types of single seater up to 2 litre, so it's the exact opposite of a "one make" series.

Since I administer Monoposto Racing in the UK I need to point this out!

Having said that, I personally also agree completely with the point you are making. The strength and attractiveness of Formula Ford is very much related to the fact that it has always been a formula in which the chassis were designed and made by many manufacturers. If it in effect becomes another one-make category I fear for its future.

Simon Davey
Administrator
Monoposto Racing Club
Old 30 Dec 2011, 17:29 (Ref:3005597)   #23
Valker
Veteran

Finland
Tampere, Finland
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Davey View Post
Hi Valker - although I think you mean a "one make" type series when you say "mono" type,
Well... Not exactly. There are several one make series (such as various Porsche club series) that are pukka "one make" but definitely not "mono-type", as pretty much every single car of the make is allowed

I realise monoposto nowadays usually means Monoposto Racing Club's championship in UK, but you should keep in mind, that in the rest of the world, it's just a synonym for a single seater... And I never meant to say "Mono" or "Monoposto" but mono-type. Even though, I have no idea if it is a valid term for a spec series.

My apologies for any confusion I may have caused by incorrect wording.
Old 30 Dec 2011, 19:01 (Ref:3005638)   #24
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Flavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valker View Post
My apologies for any confusion I may have caused by incorrect wording.
Valker there is no apology needed. Mono means one or single, the opposite being pluto meaning many or several.

Everybody knows what you are talking about and it is perfect English on what is an international forum.
Old 10 Jan 2012, 15:02 (Ref:3009862)   #25
Redracer77
Veteran

Redracer77 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
How many new style cars will be out for the first round? I have only heard of 2 drivers who have signed for Ford. Any more news on who will be returning or joining the series in 2012?

The new Mygale is looking nice...
Closed Thread