Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 21 Aug 2005, 20:18 (Ref:1387778)   #51
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Weaver is now rolling on the track, very slow...

The Vettes are now leading the GT1 category...

There's three Porsches leading the GT2...

The P2 category is another 'I will survive' race...

Don't take me wrong, in fact, the race is superb... except in P2. But the other categories are showing a real dogfight !
Old 21 Aug 2005, 20:21 (Ref:1387780)   #52
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
See you mates, enjoy the rest of the race, it's pillow time for me !
Old 22 Aug 2005, 04:12 (Ref:1387972)   #53
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Full story and results on the ALMS website...

Another one for Biela/Pirro, nice second place for Dyson/Wallace, and the usual one-two for the Vettes (Olivers won this time).

Miracle : there was a Miracle at the end ! When the car suffered in the first two laps, they finaly achieved a nice 6th overall, and first in class place.
Old 22 Aug 2005, 07:26 (Ref:1388031)   #54
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Another good race and another close finish in P1, GT1 and GT2.
Old 22 Aug 2005, 09:49 (Ref:1388118)   #55
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Another great race ..... the usuall people won , again !!!
Old 22 Aug 2005, 09:58 (Ref:1388129)   #56
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Great race - and from the TV pictures it looked like a big crowd - anyone know how many?

Small point but its a shame that motors cant link to the Globecast commentary as it is much more informative and wouldnt have the long silences for the US ad breaks
Old 22 Aug 2005, 10:07 (Ref:1388143)   #57
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
How much bad luck can a team have . Dyson almost did it this time . I wonder will somebody take the 2 Dyson cars when he takes delivery of his 2 new LMP1 Lola's next year ?
Old 22 Aug 2005, 10:16 (Ref:1388152)   #58
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal
Small point but its a shame that motors cant link to the Globecast commentary as it is much more informative and wouldnt have the long silences for the US ad breaks
I think it's better to have the American commentary as it matches the pictures - having the Radio commentary whilst Speed are showing a feature during a FCY would just be confusing!
However, what I may perhaps like is the Speed guys to carry on commentating during their adverts for our benefit - it happens in other series when there's an "International" feed from a national commentary, and as they're there anyway?
Old 22 Aug 2005, 11:01 (Ref:1388191)   #59
Fosca
Rookie

France
Strasbourg
Fosca should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree, it was a fantastic race. Too bad that the Dyson's did not make it.

Btw, does anybody know what PK Sport is doing this year? I kinda miss them in ALMS. And nothing newer than 2004 news on their homepage...
bankrupt?
Old 22 Aug 2005, 12:00 (Ref:1388242)   #60
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very good to see and HEAR the Saleen in full stride again, challenging until mechanical gremlins failed them. I thought Mowlem was a master of diplomacy in his summary of his feelings. Could not believe the wheel and the car parting ways -- anybody hear what happened to cause that? I love the sound and look of the Saleen and I'm glad to have it back challenging for the lead in GT-1 even if they aren't yet up to taking it away from them. Now we have hope! Go Terry! Go Johnny!

And nice to see the PWL guys take the win in GT-2; I think the PWL crew's ears must still be ringing at the yell Pat Long gave out when he crossed the line. Good to see the Lizards flying too. All in all a very exciting race. Anybody have an estimate of how many attended? The overflight look we got didn't seem to show a lot of people.
Old 22 Aug 2005, 13:17 (Ref:1388339)   #61
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz
I love the sound and look of the Saleen and I'm glad to have it back challenging for the lead in GT-1 even if they aren't yet up to taking it away from them. Now we have hope! Go Terry! Go Johnny!
I'll second that. And beyond, we need a second Saleen, if possible...
Old 22 Aug 2005, 13:18 (Ref:1388341)   #62
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
... when it was said on MotorsTV that a second Maser was possible... any news ?
Old 22 Aug 2005, 14:39 (Ref:1388412)   #63
tblincoe
Veteran

tblincoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nothing official yet, I would be on the lookout for Maserati news around the Mosport race weekend.
Old 22 Aug 2005, 15:03 (Ref:1388438)   #64
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab
I'll second that. And beyond, we need a second Saleen, if possible...
And a third !
Old 22 Aug 2005, 20:03 (Ref:1388672)   #65
19dodge
Veteran

19dodge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A great weekend overall. My raceday photos are finally online.

full Gallery here
Old 23 Aug 2005, 03:42 (Ref:1388880)   #66
19dodge
Veteran

19dodge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
and to wrap it all up, Tblincoe's race report