Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 30 Jan 2004, 00:21 (Ref:855806)   #1
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Pruett overall pole.

After heading the times in one sessionand being third in another Pruett has put the Ganassi car on pole with a 1m 45.783s.

He seems to be going well.

Quote:
SP about his pole lap
http://www.grandamerican.com/race_no...etails363.html
I got a fair lap. When you're out there by yourself, in the Daytona Prototypes, it' s a lot easier to get a fair lap. Our car had a pretty good balance.
GT pole: Flying Lizard Motorsports #74

According to this thread http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...threadid=49448 it was van Overbeek who got the GT pole.

SGS pole: TPC Racing #38

I don't know who was driving those. Was it Randy in the #38 car?

Last edited by Adam43; 30 Jan 2004 at 00:22.
Old 30 Jan 2004, 00:31 (Ref:855817)   #2
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I knew it! Ganssi and Co. are simply going to a force and crushing in this field
Old 30 Jan 2004, 01:40 (Ref:855873)   #3
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I gave Pruett my vote for "Driver Of The Year" this season.

He drove in, and won the Trans Am series this year, and I don't think I've ever seen a driver win in such a fine fashion. He was virtually flawless in all of the races, and he usually ran in front from start to finish. Fantastic!

Now, with him teaming up with Ganassi, it could be "lights out" for the competition...

Danica Patrick
Old 30 Jan 2004, 04:40 (Ref:855964)   #4
jj2728
Veteran

jj2728 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
with "mad max' as his teammate i sure hope they do well...
Old 30 Jan 2004, 07:04 (Ref:856018)   #5
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
that chip ganassi fella sure knows how to build a race team.....
Old 30 Jan 2004, 09:25 (Ref:856122)   #6
Megatron
Rookie

Megatron should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I try to tell it like it is and I said if a DP could run 1.45 or so in 2004 last year I wou ld eat my words and I am. That doesn't mean that I actually like the formula, but the gain in speed is there.
Old 30 Jan 2004, 14:48 (Ref:856464)   #7
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Megatron, this series just needed some time.

Many people were just to quick to judge this series last year. A brand new formula like this, takes some time to get it right, and this season, they really seem to have it together. This should prove to be a very exciting 24 Hour race, probably with the closest action we've ever seen. This series, I believe, has the right formula, to take sports car racing to the masses.

I'm looking forward to there season.

Danica Patrick
Old 30 Jan 2004, 15:30 (Ref:856502)   #8
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The Riley cars qualified 1 & 2....

That's what I anticipated....again they show their talents when it comes to building sportscars....

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 30 Jan 2004, 16:13 (Ref:856547)   #9
Bob Riebe
Veteran

Bob Riebe User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally posted by GP Racer
Megatron, this series just needed some time.

Many people were just to quick to judge this series last year. A brand new formula like this, takes some time to get it right, and this season, they really seem to have it together. This should prove to be a very exciting 24 Hour race, probably with the closest action we've ever seen. This series, I believe, has the right formula, to take sports car racing to the masses.

I'm looking forward to there season.
------

Ganassi seems to be the Penske of the current generation.

Goooooolly, 2004 "prototype" cars running 1984 production based modified GT speeds, I wonder how fast the tube-frame GT cars would be running if France had not crippled them?
Then again, I wonder how fast, even these mongrel looking "prototype" cars would be, if they did not have to compete under rules that mimic Formula-V rules.
Bob

Last edited by Bob Riebe; 30 Jan 2004 at 16:14.
Old 30 Jan 2004, 16:28 (Ref:856571)   #10
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Obviously pole means little in a 24 hour race, but the Ganassi squad looks strong. Especially with positive comments about the handling and 'balance'.
Old 30 Jan 2004, 17:35 (Ref:856656)   #11
RacingManiac
Racer

RacingManiac should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They gained 4 sec in a season for DSP class....that's pretty impressive.....although the Picchio still seems to wander in the 1:50s....