Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 31 Jul 2005, 03:54 (Ref:1367928)   #26
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was taking notes for my race report (and stopping to post the SWC results).

3 hours is a very long race. I am really glad that JJ was not hurt. I saw that replay (of course the wreck happened during a commercial break -- EVERYTHING happens during commercial breaks) and it scared me speechless. Too bad he wiped out the Saleen too, but I'm sure it was purely accidental.

How long will they let Marco Werner ram people without giving him a fairly serious suspension and fine? He is getting too dangerous out there.
Old 31 Jul 2005, 14:18 (Ref:1368252)   #27
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liz
I am really glad that JJ was not hurt. I saw that replay (of course the wreck happened during a commercial break -- EVERYTHING happens during commercial breaks) and it scared me speechless.
Lehto's roll hoop took out the camera boom and camera, so it is a good thing he was going backwards at that point -----I can't imagine the possibilities if he had been going forwards....
Old 31 Jul 2005, 19:10 (Ref:1368424)   #28
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JJ has had several narrow escapes, hasn't he? Must have a whole squad of guardian angels watching over him. Talk about shock and awe.
Old 31 Jul 2005, 19:12 (Ref:1368426)   #29
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yep - he once broke his neck in a testing crash.
Old 1 Aug 2005, 04:33 (Ref:1368718)   #30
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote from awegrzyn: "One post only during the race. Not good."

Odd post that one.

I watched the race and thoroughly enjoyed it. I seldom lurk on the forum when a race is on. Shame about the Saleen. Horrible luck that ruined a great GT1 battle. And gosh, I'm not sure what to say about the Dyson luck this year. Hope it improves.
Old 1 Aug 2005, 04:57 (Ref:1368723)   #31
awegrzyn
Racer

awegrzyn has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
"And gosh, I'm not sure what to say about the Dyson luck this year. Hope it improves."

I do not think it's bad luck. I think they are doing something wrong. The battery problems were there 4 years ago when they were starting with this car.
Old 1 Aug 2005, 06:09 (Ref:1368742)   #32
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by awegrzyn
One post only during the race. Not good.
On this side of the Pond, it was pitch black and some of us have to work on monday too

And members might have been to hooked by the race

Just kidding... ALMS board is the place, after all it's "their" championship...
Old 1 Aug 2005, 06:12 (Ref:1368744)   #33
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
The C5-R is in the second C6' lap at the end : good performance ! Could they match the factory cars on a 3 hours race ?
Old 1 Aug 2005, 17:56 (Ref:1369451)   #34
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by awegrzyn
"And gosh, I'm not sure what to say about the Dyson luck this year. Hope it improves."

I do not think it's bad luck. I think they are doing something wrong. The battery problems were there 4 years ago when they were starting with this car.
I am going to agree about Dyson somewhat. They have put momental efforts in, but yet we have seen things like boost control come unstuck (velcro?) in previous race and knock out ignition I think. That just seems like bad prep at this point, or exceptionally bad luck.

The constant electrical issues....is it always some new problem, is it a repeat of the same problem? I realize that it is a highly complex system, but if all the info about next year's plans are true, they are looking at basically a newer version of a Lola (I know it is a different car!) and also the AER V8, which will be a new item, but with the same level of complexity. That just concerns me, as it seems they don't have a handle on the current issues.

Don't get me wrong, I have always liked the team, I like the current Lolas (the 2001 chassis) up to a point, and I want this team to succeed. I think they did they only thing they could to stay in ALMS competion a few years ago, and that was to go with the 2001 Lola set up, but it hasn't worked for them very often and it seems they are just going to end up with an updated version next year, warts and all.

All that said, Intersport went from converting to a Judd to solve these problems, to the new car that gave them the AER again, so maybe I am missing something ----Wouldn't be the first time!

robert

(I am never going to be welcome in their pits in the future, am I?)
Old 5 Aug 2005, 15:12 (Ref:1372987)   #35
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just finished watching a two hour highlights program of the Portland race on Motors TV and boy what a race! Loved it all...till 52 seconds to go! I kinda had the hunch it would all end in tears for Dyson AGAIN!!! I had everything crossed nevertheless.

I'm beginning to wonder if it will come right CONSISTENTLY for the team. Just what is the problem here? Perhaps one or two little things keep slipping through the net when they shouldn't be in terms of car prep, why are they still having the same problems with the car year in and year out?

Weaver as always had me mesmerised! Hard luck for ACEMCO and as for JJ, phew is all I can say! I wonder if Frank and Marco bought each other drinks in the bar!

PS: What do you guys make of Chris? I know hes come on over the years now but is it me or is he still not quite got the pace. Maybe if he had the pace of his team mates, the team could still have stood on the top step. Just my thoughts....
Old 5 Aug 2005, 15:22 (Ref:1372994)   #36
billnchristy
Veteran

United States
Lawrenceville GA
billnchristy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chris shows moments of brilliance...ala Portland last year where him and the Audi just went at it for lap after lap...other times he shows the opposite of brilliance...Also, he hasnt really done anything in Toyota Atlantics, and you would think he would mop the floor with Club racers in SRF, but he doesnt...

Seems to me when the pressure is on, he is on big time, when its off he just kinda putts around the track.
Old 5 Aug 2005, 18:04 (Ref:1373149)   #37
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Chris and Andy were having shifting problems, that's why he ended up losing the position. They were occasionally getting neutral, and sometimes 4th when 6th was selected (and vice versa). On dsc Andy is reported as saying the problem was less frequent if you took care to shift where the track was not bumpy.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James