Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 14 Mar 2003, 10:16 (Ref:535855)   #1
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
BMMC Newsletter

Has anyone else spotted the fact that the South West regional annual report is printed twice and they've omitted the North Region report. Does the club not get a proof copy to check before going to print, as there are nearly always lots of typo's and articles that are out of date!
Old 14 Mar 2003, 10:34 (Ref:535880)   #2
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
I noticed that! The South East annual report is also missing; maybe they weren't available?

....and where's the photo referred to in the North East annual report - maybe withdrawn so as to not frighten the more sensitive readers!

Last edited by Dave Brand; 14 Mar 2003 at 10:34.
Old 14 Mar 2003, 10:36 (Ref:535883)   #3
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Mark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMark Mitchell should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I also noticed that on the front page, at the top, it says £2
Do you think anyone would buy this that wasn't in the Club? Perhaps you can get it off the rack at WH Smith?
Old 14 Mar 2003, 10:41 (Ref:535888)   #4
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by observer
I also noticed that on the front page, at the top, it says £2
Worth every penny!
Old 14 Mar 2003, 10:52 (Ref:535901)   #5
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Who produces the newsletter? At present, I produce our one and I know that it's usually a rush to get everything put together and out on time - and it's done in my spare time.

Fortunately, I have some willing volunteers that get a soft copy of the MP before it goes out and they proof it for me - but even then, the odd typo will slip through.

Producing an MP is not easy particularly if you don't have huge amounts of time to devote to it.
Old 14 Mar 2003, 12:39 (Ref:535985)   #6
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
As EP says, this is usually done at home, in someone's spare time, not as a professional publication. But as ever, there's always someone who's got the time to moan!!!!!

My suggestion is that if you have the time, then make constructive use of it. Don't go for the negative all the time, offer YOUR services for the help of all the other members. The newsletter's only as good as the help that's given in producing it!!!!!

Personally, I can only assume Trevor Jackson's report was considered so good, that's the reason why it was produced twice!!!!!! :-))
Old 14 Mar 2003, 14:46 (Ref:536128)   #7
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
And not one of you has mentioned the shiney new badge that was enclosed with the newsletter. Very posh mate.
Old 14 Mar 2003, 14:57 (Ref:536132)   #8
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Quote:
Originally posted by Stephen Green
And not one of you has mentioned the shiney new badge

....Ah yes! I got two, suppose I really should stop moaning now then!!
Old 14 Mar 2003, 15:00 (Ref:536135)   #9
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Now you are making the rest of us green with envy! Even the new car has a BMMC window sticker in the back window...impressed or what!
Old 14 Mar 2003, 19:32 (Ref:536326)   #10
Pete Howarth
Veteran

England
New Waltham
Pete Howarth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
....and where's the photo referred to in the North East annual report - maybe withdrawn so as to not frighten the more sensitive readers!

What do you mean!
Old 14 Mar 2003, 20:06 (Ref:536350)   #11
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally posted by Pete Howarth
What do you mean!
Er, nothing...........
Old 14 Mar 2003, 21:43 (Ref:536428)   #12
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Hmm interesting. As a BMMC member I would have thought I would have got a newsletter and a shiny new badge...but apparently not....
Old 14 Mar 2003, 21:49 (Ref:536434)   #13
Richard Sneader
Veteran

Scotland
Grays, Essex
Richard Sneader should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I produce the SE BMMC newsletter and it is not the easiest job in the world and it is done in my sparetime, but I do enjoy putting it together.
If you are unhappy with the national newsletter then dont hide behind your keyboard speak to those who produce it and put constructive comments across or even better see if there is a way you can help.
We rely on articles from our members and this can be a rarity so other sources of interesting info have to be found to make it interesting to you the readers and members.
Also as I know Mr Observer he wont mind me having a dig at him over this!!.
Rich.
Just think how many times we ask for articles and stories and nothing arrives.
Old 15 Mar 2003, 00:45 (Ref:536553)   #14
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Got a newsletter, but no badge. I thought they'd made quite a reasonable go of it allowing for the fact that its not a 'professional' production. I was pleased to read George Copeland's comments though, and I wish him the very best in acheiving at least some of what he's trying to do.
Old 15 Mar 2003, 09:06 (Ref:536738)   #15
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
*sigh*
Old 15 Mar 2003, 14:53 (Ref:536967)   #16
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Stuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Evil, since I'm not a BMMC member, you are very welcome to my shiny new badge!!
Old 15 Mar 2003, 17:07 (Ref:537129)   #17
Gizmo
Racer

Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi
Gizmo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I`m another one who is yet to receive either newsletter or badge
Old 15 Mar 2003, 17:55 (Ref:537164)   #18
Stuart Hill
Veteran

England
Stuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridStuart Hill should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Gizmo
I`m another one who is yet to receive either newsletter or badge
Maybe it's because it's that long since you wore orange that they have forgotten you??
Old 15 Mar 2003, 19:57 (Ref:537310)   #19
Steve Tarrant
Veteran

England
Poole, UK
Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!Steve Tarrant has a real shot at the podium!
"I`m another one who is yet to receive either newsletter or badge"

Which region are you with? It's worth checking with your region's membership secretary that all is up to date. My Jackie now does it for the SW (since Dec '02) and already a number of issues have come to light regarding past practises.

Steve
Old 15 Mar 2003, 20:29 (Ref:537356)   #20
blackx
Veteran

England
blackx should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I am no longer a member woolley....
But u aint avin' my badge..................
lol lol lol
Old 16 Mar 2003, 12:55 (Ref:538029)   #21
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
I'm with BMMC(NI) and I have received my grading badge from the UK and I also got one copy of the National newsletter - I regularly get my Regional newsletter.

Grant didn't get his either - haven't been up North this year yet so I don't know if this applies to all the NI marshals or just those living in the Republic?
Old 16 Mar 2003, 17:43 (Ref:538202)   #22
Gizmo
Racer

Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi
Gizmo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Steve Tarrant
"I`m another one who is yet to receive either newsletter or badge"

Which region are you with? It's worth checking with your region's membership secretary that all is up to date. My Jackie now does it for the SW (since Dec '02) and already a number of issues have come to light regarding past practises.

Steve
I`m with the Midland, I will give me local man a call to find out whats occurring, thanks Steve.

Crazystu, you are a cheeky little tinker...must be getting over 40 and losing all your inhibitions.....
Old 17 Mar 2003, 09:29 (Ref:538690)   #23
Mark Mitchell
Veteran

England
Staffordshire Moorlands
Quote:
Originally posted by rzsio396
Also as I know Mr Observer he wont mind me having a dig at him over this!!.

Oh yes he will! Just wait until you next visit the Potteries
Old 17 Mar 2003, 11:30 (Ref:538789)   #24
Brian Mac
Teabagging Is My Life
Racer

United Kingdom
Maccy-Ds Hut, Kirkistown
Brian Mac should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
When you come up to nuuts (oops Typing error) on the 29th i will bring you a copy of the regional magazine and will try and find out why you dont get your monthly posted out to you. Tigger Poos.
Old 17 Mar 2003, 12:07 (Ref:538805)   #25
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
I DO get the Regional Tig - it's the national I haven't got.