Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 28 Sep 2005, 17:41 (Ref:1419169)   #1
Clive
Veteran

England
Westcott
Clive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridClive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The BMMC

Ok we don't always get it right but there are a lot of people giving up their time freely and voluntarily to further the cause of marshalling and try and improve our lot around the country, and whilst constructive criticism is welcome, constant moaning and sniping at any shortcomings only undermine what is being achieved.

What ever your personal reasons or experiences in the past might have been, surely we should be pulling together for the future. After all we do all want the same thing, don't we?

I am posting this with the best of intentions as I have noticed an undercurrent across the board over the past few months and would like it stopped as it is very unhelpful. As always, those criticising are usually not currently involved in helping run the BMMC, whether they have been in the past or not, at whatever level and to whatever extent. If you want things changed, or are unhappy with the way in which the club is run, then get off your rear end and get to one of the AGMs (regional or national) in the next couple of months and make your voice heard there in the appropriate arena in the correct manner. Here, or for that matter anywhere in public, griping benefits nobody.

So, lets see if we can be more positive, eh?

(Having lit the blue touch paper, i will now retire to a safe place!)
Old 28 Sep 2005, 18:27 (Ref:1419216)   #2
QuickBrownFox
Racer

United Kingdom
Hailsham, East Sussex
QuickBrownFox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well said Clive :-)
Old 28 Sep 2005, 18:36 (Ref:1419222)   #3
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Very good points there. Personally the thought of driving miles on a week day for a meeting doesn't appeal much, and I'm involved in other hobbies that preclude it anyway. I wouldn't criticize the club for not having done enough, because they were doing what I joined them for in the first place, and I'm aware that there are other things going on in the background. They may not have been succesful in changing attitudes in the past, but I know that the unpaid people who were invovled were doing their best faced with a fairly unresponsive group on the other side.

I feel that the club has the best people involved at the moment, though, and I know Chris is working very hard on our behalf, so my support for this will simply be demonstrated by continued membership, followed now by more information to allow him to have a case to present. it would be nice if other voices contacted them directly so that a balanced view can be presented.

To everyone that's worked on committee and in an official capacity, I say thanks for what you've done, and any more you can do that will help move the sport out of its current malaise will be even more appreciated.
Old 29 Sep 2005, 07:50 (Ref:1419646)   #4
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
hey we don't even live in the same country and we're members - nuff said!
Old 29 Sep 2005, 13:22 (Ref:1419966)   #5
whatapalaver
Racer

England
Nottingham
whatapalaver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Living closer than most to the venue for the AGM I know I should attend. How that will balance with the rest of my life remains to me seen.

If I don't attend I don't see that I have any right to moan about the actions of those that did, and that give up their "free time" trying to move the BMMC forward in the best way they can.
Old 29 Sep 2005, 13:48 (Ref:1419988)   #6
Grandslammer
Veteran

Wales
Grandslammer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Been a Member of the BMMC/BMRMC for the past 25 years and I'll probably continue to be.The Club provides most of my needs and I wear the Badge with some pride .