Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 10 Jun 2011, 01:57 (Ref:2894870)   #1
N.A-D.R
Veteran

Australia
Australia
N.A-D.R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Christijan Albers 2011?

Anyone know where hes gone? Kolles Le mans team dropped out so hes not racing there anymore would of thought he would pick up somewhere in touring cars or something, but can't find anything on that. There was also rumours of him returning to F1 this year too earlier in the year... Would of loved to seen him in DTM in a half decent car or back in Le mans or even in america doing indycars or something. Anyone heard anything?
Old 10 Jun 2011, 07:30 (Ref:2894916)   #2
RichardRenes
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam
RichardRenes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To my best knowledge, Christijan is not driving anything this year. No GTs, no formula cars, no other tintops.
Old 10 Jun 2011, 11:03 (Ref:2895010)   #3
N.A-D.R
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Damn that's a shame. Hopefully he does something later in the year or back in 2012.
Old 12 Jun 2011, 07:29 (Ref:2896648)   #4
James C.
Rookie

France
Paris, France
James C. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As far as I know, he didn't race in 2010 either. :/
Old 12 Jun 2011, 09:55 (Ref:2896790)   #5
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
I think he quit racing. Cannot remember reading rumors about plans for this season.
Old 13 Jun 2011, 04:08 (Ref:2897732)   #6
N.A-D.R
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
I think he quit racing. Cannot remember reading rumors about plans for this season.

In the near end of 2010 there was very strong rumours going around he was looking into becoming on of hrt test drivers, but he said before i come back he wanted to be fully prepared and stuff. Then of course early 2011 his name was thrown around. It would be a shame if he quit racing... Might not of had the most luck in F1 but touring and sports cars he was superb.
Old 13 Jun 2011, 09:37 (Ref:2897869)   #7
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If he really cares about racing he'll pop up somewhere, DSC, GT's, whatever. He's a big enough name to walk into plenty of teams and get a pro ride. If he can't be bothered, well, then he's no loss to me. I have little time for drivers who think there's no life outside F1 and DTM.
Old 13 Jun 2011, 10:03 (Ref:2897896)   #8
N.A-D.R
Veteran

Australia
Australia
I dont think he doesn't care, i remember he was majorly effected by how spyker dropped him, he had a very rough start to 2007 with the new tyres and was getting schooled a bit, but he started to turn it around and was waiting for the new car coming in around spa, but he got dropped right before it. I remember he came out months later and he felt like not racing anymore, so i guess he was quite upset about it. But then again it happens to so many drivers.

He went around DTM and raced at laguna Seca for Audi and got on the podium on debut. But Kolles stopped there Le mans plan so i guess he hasn't continued anywhere else. It's weird though he still has a website which is in construction but theres no news on him. Maybe hes taking a bit of a break with his new son or whatever. But i do hope he returns in something soon.