Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 23 Nov 2011, 00:51 (Ref:2990243)   #1
Paulaweybridge
Veteran

United Kingdom
Paulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Race Retro 2012

Hi everyone,

As the year draws to a close, all of our thoughts will no doubt begin to turn towards next year.

Andrea Seed of Poppyseed Media Ltd has kindly sent me this general Press Release which provides us with some information on next February's Race Retro.

Can't wait ...

GET IN POLE POSITION FOR RACE RETRO 2012

Get in pole position for Race Retro 2012 as it brings together the very best in historic motor sport, whether it’s on two or four wheels when it returns to Stoneleigh Park, Warwickshire, from Friday 24th to Sunday 26th February.

See rare and legendary cars and bikes as well as meeting the drivers and riders who brought them to victory in the show halls while on Saturday and Sunday, the Rally Stage springs into life as rally legends relive the high octane days of motorsport.

For 2012, Race Retro will be celebrating the Porsche marque and thirty years of the Group C Porsche 956. From the 1948 birth of the iconic 356, the first sports car to bear the Porsche name, to the current-model 911 GT2 RS, an astonishing and pulse-quickening creation, Porsche has relentlessly pushed the performance envelope.

Race Retro, sponsored by Peter James Insurance, will also celebrate thirty years of the Honda Racing Corporation. Ever since the Honda Racing Corporation (HRC) was founded in 1982, this hugely successful organisation has been at the forefront of GP racing, road racing, endurance racing, trials riding and motorcross.

And there will be the usual selection of competition cars and clubs – the backbone of the sport – making Race Retro the place to be for anything to do with classic motor sport. Looking to invest in a piece of racing history? Visit Silverstone Auctions where you will find cars, bikes and memorabilia on offer.

As well as an array or cars and motorcycles, scour the autojumble for that elusive part or spare or visit the hundreds of traders offering everything from helmets and racewear to stunning artwork, rare books and signed motorsport memorabilia.

Adult ticket prices are £20 when booking in advance, £25 on the gate. Children’s tickets are £5 on Friday or Saturday and free on Sunday. Parking is also free throughout. The show is open from 9.30am each day and closes at 5.30pm on Friday and Saturday and 4.30pm on Sunday. To book tickets and for the latest updates, visit www.raceretro.com.

For further information, images or media enquiries, please contact:
Andrea Seed, PR Director, Poppyseed Media Ltd
Tel: +44 (0)121 224 7455, Mobile: +44(0)7812 010 765
Email: andrea@poppyseedmedia.co.uk
Attached Thumbnails
RR2012-WORDDOCIMAGE.jpg  
Old 30 Dec 2011, 08:54 (Ref:3005442)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Race Retro 2012

Race Retro 2012 Celebrates Thirty years of Honda
Old 30 Dec 2011, 18:45 (Ref:3005627)   #3
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I hope to be there this year with Iain Rowley, top international historic F3 racer and all round good guy.
Old 30 Dec 2011, 19:20 (Ref:3005646)   #4
Paulaweybridge
Veteran

United Kingdom
Paulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPaulaweybridge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi Peter,

Hope that you had a nice Xmas and Happy 2012

Here's the thread I started back in November ...

Can you combine them ...

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...ace+Retro+2012
Old 30 Dec 2011, 19:22 (Ref:3005647)   #5
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hopefully making my first visit, although I don't know which day yet
Old 31 Dec 2011, 16:25 (Ref:3005891)   #6
Derwent Motorsp
Veteran

Scotland
Cumbria
Derwent Motorsp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We will be at Stoneleigh on the Friday as usual. Not sure where Stoneliegh is though! LOL
Old 31 Dec 2011, 18:39 (Ref:3005921)   #7
Tim the Grey
Veteran

Wales
Across the M40 from Gaydon...
Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!Tim the Grey has a real shot at the championship!
Just outside Coventry. Near(ish) to Cov Airport.
Leamington to Coventry road, on the left.
Old 31 Dec 2011, 18:46 (Ref:3005927)   #8
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim the Grey View Post
Just outside Coventry. Near(ish) to Cov Airport.
Leamington to Coventry road, on the left.
Sure there will be a few of us from Norfolk travelling across- and definitely to Stoneleigh, not the other place.......
Old 31 Dec 2011, 21:37 (Ref:3005967)   #9
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have a feeling I'll be there.
Old 31 Dec 2011, 23:36 (Ref:3005987)   #10
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
I may go.
Old 1 Jan 2012, 15:24 (Ref:3006138)   #11
Derwent Motorsp
Veteran

Scotland
Cumbria
Derwent Motorsp should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My touch of "wit" re the spelling at the start of the thread obviously missed some readers!
We've not missed a year and indeed we had a NESCRO stand for 3 years.
Old 1 Jan 2012, 15:27 (Ref:3006141)   #12
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Assuming winter weather doesn't put in a late appearance I plan to make the trip, having missed the last two or three years.
Old 1 Jan 2012, 17:08 (Ref:3006166)   #13
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It would be good to meet up again John.
Old 1 Jan 2012, 17:48 (Ref:3006180)   #14
PRS RH01
Racer

United Kingdom
Stockport
PRS RH01 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Race Retro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Raine View Post
Hopefully making my first visit, although I don't know which day yet
Hi Alan

Good news the classic formula ford dinner dance is the same weekend and only 10 miles away .Your invite should be in the post this week .

Peter
Old 1 Jan 2012, 18:30 (Ref:3006192)   #15
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRS RH01 View Post
Hi Alan

Good news the classic formula ford dinner dance is the same weekend and only 10 miles away .Your invite should be in the post this week .

Peter
Peter,

Sorry, I meant to reply to your email you sent before Christmas. I'll doubt I'll be able to fit the dinner dance in, and I probably won't know if and when I can make Stoneleigh until probably a few days before. Work is going to be mad at that point in February as I've lots of deadlines to meet. At least I'm busy

Last edited by Alan Raine; 1 Jan 2012 at 18:37.
Old 1 Jan 2012, 19:05 (Ref:3006206)   #16
PRS RH01
Racer

United Kingdom
Stockport
work and play

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Raine View Post
Peter,

Sorry, I meant to reply to your email you sent before Christmas. I'll doubt I'll be able to fit the dinner dance in, and I probably won't know if and when I can make Stoneleigh until probably a few days before. Work is going to be mad at that point in February as I've lots of deadlines to meet. At least I'm busy
If we dont work we cant play ! It looks like for the first time in 30 years im going to have to get someone else to build my car.
If you do get to the show dont forget to come and say hello.
Old 1 Jan 2012, 19:09 (Ref:3006210)   #17
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
It would be good to meet up again John.
Certainly would, Terry. I expect to be at the Show all three days as there's lots to do, so there ought to be an opportunity. Be in touch closer to the time...

It's just one of eight shows I shall be covering in the space of nine weeks!
Old 1 Jan 2012, 19:31 (Ref:3006218)   #18
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRS RH01 View Post
If we dont work we cant play ! It looks like for the first time in 30 years im going to have to get someone else to build my car.
If you do get to the show dont forget to come and say hello.
Work is a proper codology (Ulster term for a bit of a screw up). My problem is, when I am busy and making money (not always the same thing) I am confident enough to spend the money on racing but dont have the time, ('cos I am busy making money) then when I have the time things are obviously slow, and I dont feel confident enough to spend the money!
catch 21.5 + .5
Old 1 Jan 2012, 23:08 (Ref:3006275)   #19
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Might give the show a miss this year,time very precious ATM. 2012 Racing season approaching very quick.
Old 2 Jan 2012, 14:50 (Ref:3006415)   #20
PRS RH01
Racer

United Kingdom
Stockport
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMD View Post
Work is a proper codology (Ulster term for a bit of a screw up). My problem is, when I am busy and making money (not always the same thing) I am confident enough to spend the money on racing but dont have the time, ('cos I am busy making money) then when I have the time things are obviously slow, and I dont feel confident enough to spend the money!
catch 21.5 + .5
So so true !
Old 4 Jan 2012, 19:11 (Ref:3007282)   #21
Racesport
Rookie

Italy
Milano, Itlay
Racesport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I will be there (as journalist) as every year since the first edition!
Old 11 Jan 2012, 18:54 (Ref:3010334)   #22
Paulaweybridge
Veteran

United Kingdom
HERO BRINGS 'ARRIVE AND DRIVE' TO RACE RETRO 2012

Good evening everyone.

Here is the latest news from Andrea Seed of Poppyseed Media. http://www.poppyseedmedia.co.uk/

She looks after all the PR work and Press Office for the show. http://www.raceretro.com/

HERO BRINGS ‘ARRIVE AND DRIVE’ TO RACE RETRO 2012

Read all about it in the News Section here: http://tentenths.com/news/showentry.php?e=2769

Hope to see many of you at Stoneleigh Park next month.

Personally I can't wait as it's the start of the Historic Racing Calendar for me.
Old 16 Jan 2012, 12:16 (Ref:3012263)   #23
Gerry Taylor
Veteran

Gerry Taylor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGerry Taylor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I shall be going along, and hope to meet a few more old timers.
Old 16 Jan 2012, 15:34 (Ref:3012358)   #24
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
I am going to have to give it a miss this year as I will be at the Bathurst 12 hours instead
Old 17 Jan 2012, 11:23 (Ref:3012785)   #25
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Wow - enjoy David & keep us posted