Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 16 Jun 2014, 10:47 (Ref:3422524)   #26
kelvin88
Veteran

United Kingdom
south east
kelvin88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If this becomes a criminal case, what could they actually be done for?
Old 16 Jun 2014, 10:53 (Ref:3422528)   #27
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
I'm sure Jonathan's lawyers will find something, trespass apart from anything else.

As it appears to be unbelievably true I apologise for my doubting.
Old 16 Jun 2014, 11:00 (Ref:3422531)   #28
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvin88 View Post
If this becomes a criminal case, what could they actually be done for?
They're lucky not to be facing a charge of manslaughter if it had all gone wrong.

I'm a bit out of date but one or two public order offences may fit and there used to be a traffic offence of driving a mechanically propelled vehicle (eg a VW polo) on land not forming part of a road without lawful authority. If they went for that relatively minor offence it also provides powers in certain circumstances to seize said vehicle! Normally only exercised when found at the time of the offence but it could be done.

Watch this space!
Old 16 Jun 2014, 11:03 (Ref:3422532)   #29
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I also suspect the young lady's insurance company will be notified re use of a vehicle in a Motorsport event. In those circumstances they would probably void her insurance and she would find it difficult to obtain further cover..
Old 16 Jun 2014, 11:08 (Ref:3422534)   #30
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
He is also obviously a motorsport fan so for starters the MSA could ban him from holding a licence for a few years and as he clearly put others lives in real danger surely an offence has been committed in respect of that.
Old 16 Jun 2014, 11:13 (Ref:3422538)   #31
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
Yes Al, a range of possible offences but just think what sort of punishment he may get. They rarely fit the crime in many peoples' eyes but taking away cars and access to insurance etc can have a greater impact.

Hopefully in this case if he/they do come before the courts they will take a very dim view of the actions given the potential danger to others.
Old 16 Jun 2014, 11:16 (Ref:3422539)   #32
andrewc
Veteran

andrewc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Use the same legislation that was used for the Boat Race Protester?

Public Order Act 1986, Section 5, later increased via ancient common law charge of Public Nuisance.

That chap got 6 months.
Old 16 Jun 2014, 11:32 (Ref:3422545)   #33
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
Yes, that's the ideal public order offence but I wonder if disrupting the Fun Cup would attract the same penalty as disrupting the boat race?
Old 16 Jun 2014, 11:50 (Ref:3422558)   #34
medius
Veteran

England
Media Office hiding from the rain
medius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmedius should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
BRSCC statement, doesn't say much really but proof its real.

http://www.brscc.co.uk/BRANDS-HATCH-...RDAY-14th-JUNE

One theory is that quite a number of UK marshals were over at Le Sarthe, meaning numbers on duty at events here were lower than usual, thus, things could have been a bit more lax. Can't be certain as I wasn't there on the day but certain roles such as pit/paddock could have been affected in such a way.

Either way, its an incident that will make life harder for normal race fans going forwards
Old 16 Jun 2014, 11:51 (Ref:3422559)   #35
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well our (in)famous F1 Pixie got charged with "aggravated trespass" and got 2 months.
Old 16 Jun 2014, 11:57 (Ref:3422561)   #36
kelvin88
Veteran

United Kingdom
south east
kelvin88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just feel like he is going to get away with endangering peoples lives. That makes me angry.
Old 16 Jun 2014, 12:19 (Ref:3422578)   #37
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
As a matter of interest did he shoot the red light when he came on to the circuit or was that on green????
Seriously?

Some numpty intentionally drives into the outer paddock, through the tunnel, down the access road, through the inner paddock, through an open pit garage, down the pit lane and onto the track, and your questioning if he jumped a red light!
Old 16 Jun 2014, 12:22 (Ref:3422580)   #38
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
You can't argue with the prank level of this however stupid!

But for those that have been to Brands, this meant he got through the tunnel, into the pits and the damned pitlane! How on earth is that possible?

Many questions needs answering.
You can quite easily argue about the prank level, this wasn't what I'd call a prank, this was total idiocy by a chav who should have been allowed to go on the sheets 40 weeks before he was born.

As for getting down the pit lane, he must have been partly lucky that he wasn't challenged but you can drive through the tunnel most race days without a problem, I bet none of us will be able to in future without a pass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
He is also obviously a motorsport fan so for starters the MSA could ban him from holding a licence for a few years and as he clearly put others lives in real danger surely an offence has been committed in respect of that.
Clearly not a motorsport fan, just a bored ****** with nothing better to do on a Saturday and an IQ much smaller than his shoe size.
Old 16 Jun 2014, 12:43 (Ref:3422591)   #39
Novice
Racer

England
Rochester, Kent
Novice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Expect not to be able to move around a MSV circuit without 3 forms of ID, race car does not allow movement, and a little green wrist band. This idiot has made life a lot harder for everyone involved in a race meeting.
Old 16 Jun 2014, 12:58 (Ref:3422598)   #40
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Statement from BRSCC confirms it was for real! http://www.brscc.co.uk/ Sorry I was on previous page this was posted earlier and I didn't see it.
Old 16 Jun 2014, 13:01 (Ref:3422599)   #41
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
Seriously?

Some numpty intentionally drives into the outer paddock, through the tunnel, down the access road, through the inner paddock, through an open pit garage, down the pit lane and onto the track, and your questioning if he jumped a red light!
Only asking FFS!! The idiot just maybe may have had an instinctive sense of danger or self preservation going into the unknown through a red light, its not a stupid question at all and in fact the light was green as another fun cup car was entering at the same time.

Last edited by Al Weyman; 16 Jun 2014 at 13:08.
Old 16 Jun 2014, 13:05 (Ref:3422600)   #42
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Quote:
As for getting down the pit lane, he must have been partly lucky that he wasn't challenged but you can drive through the tunnel most race days without a problem, I bet none of us will be able to in future without a pass.
No bad thing IMHO as too many private cars down there, many a time I have been baulked trying to get on the circuit by some private car doing a three point turn, coming the other way or whatever so I say bring it on, pit passes for tow vehicles and race cars only end of!
Old 16 Jun 2014, 13:52 (Ref:3422608)   #43
andrewc
Veteran

andrewc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
MSA to hold an enquiry into the affair, but condemn the actions of those concerned.
Old 16 Jun 2014, 13:59 (Ref:3422611)   #44
Bryan Degerlund
Veteran

England
Dartford
Bryan Degerlund should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by medius View Post
BRSCC statement, doesn't say much really but proof its real.

http://www.brscc.co.uk/BRANDS-HATCH-...RDAY-14th-JUNE

One theory is that quite a number of UK marshals were over at Le Sarthe, meaning numbers on duty at events here were lower than usual, thus, things could have been a bit more lax. Can't be certain as I wasn't there on the day but certain roles such as pit/paddock could have been affected in such a way.

Either way, its an incident that will make life harder for normal race fans going forwards
Certainly no laxity, with lower numbers than normal, those in pit/paddock had a bigger task to cover, which they did very well.
Old 16 Jun 2014, 14:05 (Ref:3422615)   #45
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I agree with Al here.

There should be no access to the inner areas for any public cars, whether they are parking or not.

Only officials, marshals should be anywhere other than public car parks.

the viewing area on what I know as the Knife Edge is surely accesible from Clearways, and there realy should be no access to anyone from outside to any part of the pits, tunnel etc.

I have been to countless meetings there and there is always someone on the gate, and they either let you through if its free or stop you, driving through wthout a pass means there was noone there.
Old 16 Jun 2014, 14:29 (Ref:3422626)   #46
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Yep, I agree that this will only damage the experience for others in the future. What a ridiculous thing to do...
Old 16 Jun 2014, 14:47 (Ref:3422628)   #47
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
It shouldn't do really as this shouldn't have happened so nothing really needs to change just tighten up a bit and check that only cars that should be in the inner pits are there. I was at Speedfest and there was a guy checking on the tunnel entrance area. Maybe the attendant on this occasion went for a leak or something and the offender just got lucky.
Old 16 Jun 2014, 15:14 (Ref:3422632)   #48
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Also I cannot remember at Brands but at other circuits like Snett there is definitely a gated entrance on to pit lane that is opened to let race cars through and closed after, this is what I find so odd as I am almost certain I have seen the same at Brands and surely it would be an MSA requirement or track owners requirement.
Old 16 Jun 2014, 15:25 (Ref:3422637)   #49
Cujo
Racer

United Kingdom
(Over) Hairy Hill
Cujo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
According to BBC SE, Police have made an arrest in regard to this incident
Old 16 Jun 2014, 16:13 (Ref:3422650)   #50
cos
Veteran

England
cos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Arrested on the grounds of 'false imprisonment'...