Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 13 Jun 2017, 07:46 (Ref:3740778)   #176
850Estate
Veteran

Sweden
GBR/SWE
850Estate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
That annoys me too - there was one at Brands set up at Paddock - so nicely obstructing views at one of the best spots to watch from. Some people set them up away from the fencing (so people can still get in front of them to watch) - that's not so bad. Lydden had the best approach here - they banned them.
I remember someone totally ripping it at Knockhill in (I think) 2013. They set up a massive gazebo, with a wind sheltered beer garden and barbecue. It took up about 14 'seat spaces'! I've got no issue with the little wind shelters. There was a family who set one of them up in front of me, but because of the slope and the height of it, it actually gave me a better view than when they sat on their chairs - but people with things that you could spend a week in with the family need to take a look at themselves!

I'm always amazed by how selfish folk can be too. I had people walk right infront of where my group were on Sunday, and then stop and stand for a couple of laps of the GT4s. I simply couldn't do that.

All forms of tent like structure are banned on the bankings at Knockhill now - which is a shame for club meets when it tends to be pretty quiet, and brutally cold - but I can't help but feel as if the home-away-from-home caused that.
Attached Thumbnails
13620449953_d692533468_z.jpg  
Old 13 Jun 2017, 11:25 (Ref:3740840)   #177
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
For BTCC, I would gladly see a ban on all furniture over 2ft tall. I understand wind breaks and chairs, but gazebos are just selfish.
We had to take a small beach shelter to donington a few years ago, but that was after my wife had surgery on her foot and was using crutches. The shelter allowed us to set up a position that protected us from the elements for the day - but we set it up a distance away from the fence on higher ground to prevent obstructing others' views.
Old 13 Jun 2017, 15:29 (Ref:3740888)   #178
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
luckn002 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
https://www.touringcartimes.com/2017...croft-contact/

Interesting video here related to driving standards / penalties from AMD
Old 13 Jun 2017, 15:44 (Ref:3740894)   #179
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckn002 View Post

Hmm, people in glass houses and all that. I'm not sure Ollie Jackson has too much room to complain about driving standards.
Old 13 Jun 2017, 15:46 (Ref:3740896)   #180
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckn002 View Post

Yes, a very interesting piece that but I'm a bit confused about the damage to the front of this car. Is he suggesting that other drivers reversed into the Audi, or does he accept that his driver must have driven into others?
Old 13 Jun 2017, 15:53 (Ref:3740898)   #181
Northern Monkey
Racer

Northern Monkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Yes, a very interesting piece that but I'm a bit confused about the damage to the front of this car. Is he suggesting that other drivers reversed into the Audi, or does he accept that his driver must have driven into others?
The damage to the front of the car was caused by him being shoved from behind into the car in front
Old 13 Jun 2017, 16:51 (Ref:3740916)   #182
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
luckn002 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Also a weird coincidence that both times O. Jackson has been on pole his race has been ruined by M. Jackson - the first back in the old Golf when Mat dropped oil causing the pile up at Brands.

Some kind of inter-Jackson rivalry maybe!
Old 13 Jun 2017, 17:04 (Ref:3740919)   #183
Jon411
Racer

Guernsey
Jon411 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post

I will be taking a Stanley knife to BTCC Croft next year to remove those f***ing gazeboes etc. If wet , OK use a brolly, but these bloody marquees are appalling and selfishly obstruct the view a good ten metres either side .
Last October at Brands Hatch people that put those things up right at the front by the fences blocking anyone from seeing anything if they were behind it and then making it obvious they were annoyed when people stood on the side where the corner poles are on those things so that they could see what was happening on-track through the gazebo. I really wish all the circuits would ban them. One of them being used by about 6 people was so big it would have sheltered nearer 26 people.
Old 13 Jun 2017, 18:52 (Ref:3740951)   #184
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Good news: Jeff is out of intensive care. Has been shuffled in to a trauma ward. Probably not going home soon but definitely moving in the right direction.

ATS paid him a visit too; good lad is Aron.

Luke remains in intensive care.
Old 13 Jun 2017, 19:23 (Ref:3740965)   #185
Rob877
Racer

Rob877 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob877 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Think the damage on the front was caused by Proctor shoving AWE in to Mike Epps. It happened right in front of me, noticed Proctor using that particular move on a few drivers throughout the day.
Old 13 Jun 2017, 19:39 (Ref:3740971)   #186
geordiecriag101
Racer

United Kingdom
Market Harborough
geordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgeordiecriag101 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just a quick one from me, here my vid from Sunday. Apologies for the dodgy video and sound in places.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwoDLcEBdhU
Old 13 Jun 2017, 20:24 (Ref:3740992)   #187
850Estate
Veteran

Sweden
GBR/SWE
850Estate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Good news: Jeff is out of intensive care. Has been shuffled in to a trauma ward. Probably not going home soon but definitely moving in the right direction.

ATS paid him a visit too; good lad is Aron.

Luke remains in intensive care.
That's good to hear. Aron's always struck me as one of the more approachable drivers, the sort of guy who appreciates what he has, and just has a generally infectious personality. I hope his visit helped cheer Jeff up a wee bit - although not too much, as laughing is absolute murder with broken ribs!

I think I'd be safe in saying that Luke has the support of all of us on here, and the greater motorsport community as a whole. Hopefully we'll hear something positive from his side soon.
Old 14 Jun 2017, 10:25 (Ref:3741136)   #188
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Yes and I've met ATS and found him to be a gentleman. It's good that Jeff is out of intensive care, let's hope Luke is out soon too
Old 14 Jun 2017, 13:17 (Ref:3741186)   #189
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!Alfisti has a real shot at the podium!
Motorbase have released a statement on Luke: early days but sounds promising is my interpretation.

“Further to his accident at Croft Circuit on Saturday, Luke remains in the excellent care of the staff at the ICU of James Cook Hospital in Middlesbrough.

“He has undergone a number of successful operations on his leg and pelvis and we are happy to report that there are no signs of any injuries to his head, neck or spine.

“Luke has been briefly conscious during his time on the ICU and the current plan is for him to hopefully be brought out of the induced come later this week.

“Once again we would like to pass our sincerest thanks to the marshals, BTCC extrication team, BTCC medical team, Croft circuit staff, Air Ambulance Crew, TOCA and the wonderful staff at James Cook Hospital for their professionalism, support and ongoing care.

“We will post further updates in due course, but would ask for the family’s privacy to be respected at this difficult time. Luke’s family and everyone at Motorbase Performance are incredibly grateful for the messages of support that have been received.”

Fingers crossed.
Old 15 Jun 2017, 15:39 (Ref:3741680)   #190
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Those signs are encouraging. Hopefully he will be out of the induced coma sometime this week, it seems they made the right decision to err on the side of caution in his case
Old 15 Jun 2017, 18:24 (Ref:3741813)   #191
CaptRustyNail
Racer

CaptRustyNail should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon411 View Post
Last October at Brands Hatch people that put those things up right at the front by the fences blocking anyone from seeing anything if they were behind it and then making it obvious they were annoyed when people stood on the side where the corner poles are on those things so that they could see what was happening on-track through the gazebo. I really wish all the circuits would ban them. One of them being used by about 6 people was so big it would have sheltered nearer 26 people.
I went to Oulton Park in 2014 and there were tents and gazebos right up to the fencing on the outfield area of Knickerbrook. No chance of seeing anything when stood back due to the lack of slope there. Irritating things.
Old 15 Jun 2017, 21:22 (Ref:3741980)   #192
The SpeCTator
Veteran

United Kingdom
South East - England
The SpeCTator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I quite agree that the gazebo culture is becoming a problem but it is almost entirely BTCC lead at Brands.
For the last 2 years at Paddock Bend they have been situated on the fence, enabling 4 people inside a good view whilst the masses behind can not see through them.
Despite raising it with MSV officials on the day no action was taken.
MSV is never short of rules in the paddock but perhaps it is time they declare and enforce a policy on gazebo/ fence tents where the minority are spoiling it for the majority.
Maybe it will only happen when somebody turns up with a branded gazebo and gets free advertising!
Old 16 Jun 2017, 07:31 (Ref:3742108)   #193
BLiTZ
Racer

United Kingdom
BLiTZ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think MSV would take notice if one were to blow onto the circuit mid-race.

Now I know the chances of that happening even on the windiest of days is pretty slim, but if someone were to loosen the pegs a little...

Similarly, if one were to catch fire due to a knocked over disposable BBQ...
Old 16 Jun 2017, 15:30 (Ref:3742238)   #194
Ry44
Racer

Ry44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some good ish news to end the week with an update on Luke

https://twitter.com/DuoMotorsport/st...25374155567106
Old 16 Jun 2017, 16:23 (Ref:3742247)   #195
Ry44
Racer

Ry44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ry44 View Post
Some good ish news to end the week with an update on Luke

https://twitter.com/DuoMotorsport/st...25374155567106
original removed but it read

Having been brought out of his induced coma Davenport has now been moved to the high dependency unit to continue his recover.

“Luke was considered well enough to be moved from ICU to the high dependency unit this morning as he is off his ventilator,” a statement from sponsors DUO read. “He is conscious, but communicating at a very basic level.

“Luke is mending well, the only concern being his right lung which is taking its time to get back to normality. His family are with him at his bedside.

“The staff at the James Cook University Hospital have been amazing and the messages from friends, colleagues and fans are truly inspiring for him and all his family.”
Old 20 Jun 2017, 21:57 (Ref:3745613)   #196
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Good news from James Cook Hospital: Luke is out of intensive care, conscious and communicating. Now in the high dependency ward to continue recovery.

No doubt Jeff will provide good company!

All the best to both and to the staff at James Cook. 😀
Old 21 Jun 2017, 12:37 (Ref:3745765)   #197
Alfisti
Veteran

England
North Yorkshire, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
Good news from James Cook Hospital: Luke is out of intensive care, conscious and communicating. Now in the high dependency ward to continue recovery.

No doubt Jeff will provide good company!

All the best to both and to the staff at James Cook. 😀
Jeff has been discharged. 😀
Old 21 Jun 2017, 13:15 (Ref:3745777)   #198
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Great news all round.
Old 21 Jun 2017, 13:22 (Ref:3745780)   #199
S griffin
Veteran

Well I hope he shows his gratitude to the hospital who have done a great job helping him recover. Great news all round
Old 21 Jun 2017, 15:23 (Ref:3745806)   #200
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Well I hope he shows his gratitude to the hospital who have done a great job helping him recover.
Odd comment. Why would he not be grateful?