Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 2 Jul 2021, 02:38 (Ref:4059279)   #5551
TheGreg
Rookie

TheGreg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
David Land's latest video is a good one. Throws out the prediction of 40 cars at Indy next year!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWAQkgTleko

And 28 cars for the rest of the dates!
Old 5 Jul 2021, 20:06 (Ref:4060012)   #5552
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hinch's performances this year kind of gives the impression that the problem with that car last year was not Veach but rather something to do with the team.
Old 5 Jul 2021, 20:13 (Ref:4060013)   #5553
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yannick View Post
Hinch's performances this year kind of gives the impression that the problem with that car last year was not Veach but rather something to do with the team.
Funny you say that because in a recent pod MP mentioned something along the lines of there's external factors contributing to Hinch's performance this year.
Old 7 Jul 2021, 11:28 (Ref:4060281)   #5554
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
IndyCar signs multi-year deal deal with Road America.

https://racer.com/2021/07/06/indycar...-america-deal/
Old 7 Jul 2021, 23:48 (Ref:4060343)   #5555
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
IndyCar signs multi-year deal deal with Road America.

https://racer.com/2021/07/06/indycar...-america-deal/
Great news! The cars work so well at Road America, and it is my favorite US track. There are just so many passing opportunities for the Indy cars there it is crazy. If you can sit and watch turn five you will see people pass and be passed within a span of 200 yds.
Old 8 Jul 2021, 07:21 (Ref:4060365)   #5556
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Does it seem that Tatiana Calderon is soon moving up to come last in Indycar, having been last in Superformula, F2 and F3?
Old 8 Jul 2021, 13:55 (Ref:4060406)   #5557
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Calderón's last podium was at the 2017 World Series Formula V8 at bahrain (out of 10 cars).

Underwhelming is an understatement.
Old 8 Jul 2021, 15:34 (Ref:4060418)   #5558
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I’m sure she will be better than Duno though
Old 8 Jul 2021, 19:09 (Ref:4060448)   #5559
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I’m sure she will be better than Duno though

Milka Duno hasn't raced in IndyCar since 2010.
Old 9 Jul 2021, 09:58 (Ref:4060493)   #5560
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Milka Duno hasn't raced in IndyCar since 2010.
Wow, you must think I haven't kept up with the last 11 years of Indycar! You sure you haven't misread my post?
Old 9 Jul 2021, 13:16 (Ref:4060511)   #5561
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Wow, you must think I haven't kept up with the last 11 years of Indycar! You sure you haven't misread my post?

I have no idea how long you have been following IndyCar for. You mentioned Milka, I merely made an observation.
Old 9 Jul 2021, 18:11 (Ref:4060531)   #5562
HighParker
Racer

Canada
Toronto
HighParker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwintle View Post
...I wonder how this venue might be used by the three big annual events on the grounds (Honda Indy Toronto, Canadian National Exhibition, and the Royal Agricultural Winter Fair)...
The new hotel and entertainment venue are still being discussed, although as far as I know the proponents don't seem to have proven they have the money for it.
Despite saying something would be announced in the first half of 2021, the provincial government has yet to tell us anything regarding the possible plan to rebuild Exhibition Place and Ontario Place. Seeing that the Kilmer Group is apparently behind this, it made me think of the Island (Billy Bishop) Airport, where they operate the terminal as 'Nieuport Aviation', and if having the race there would be possible. I'm guessing probably not, as anything involving the islands and specifically the island airport erupts into NIMBYism local politics.

Last edited by HighParker; 9 Jul 2021 at 18:27.
Old 9 Jul 2021, 20:25 (Ref:4060553)   #5563
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
I have no idea how long you have been following IndyCar for. You mentioned Milka, I merely made an observation.

In all seriousness I don’t think anyone who has raced since she left has been as bad
Old 9 Jul 2021, 20:59 (Ref:4060555)   #5564
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
In all seriousness I don’t think anyone who has raced since she left has been as bad

She was pretty awful but she can be proud of the fact she competed in the only field in top level, open wheel racing with the most women, five: Danica Patrick, Simona de Silvestro, Ana Beatriz and Sarah Fisher. The Peak Antifreeze and Motor Oil Indy 300 at Chicagoland, on August 28m 2010. She finished 28th, last out of all her fellow female drivers.
Old 9 Jul 2021, 22:35 (Ref:4060559)   #5565
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
She was pretty awful but she can be proud of the fact she competed in the only field in top level, open wheel racing with the most women, five: Danica Patrick, Simona de Silvestro, Ana Beatriz and Sarah Fisher. The Peak Antifreeze and Motor Oil Indy 300 at Chicagoland, on August 28m 2010. She finished 28th, last out of all her fellow female drivers.

And she was the only one of those 5 to fail to qualify for the Indy 500. And she was a full season driver, unlike Ana
Old 10 Jul 2021, 00:47 (Ref:4060569)   #5566
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
'Hate to say it, but you're mistaken.....
Duno finished 19th (last of finishers, having started 26th) and ahead of Simona (23rd) and Ana (24th).
http://www.champcarstats.com/races/201014.htm

jimclark
Old 10 Jul 2021, 09:22 (Ref:4060604)   #5567
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimclark View Post
'Hate to say it, but you're mistaken.....
Duno finished 19th (last of finishers, having started 26th) and ahead of Simona (23rd) and Ana (24th).
http://www.champcarstats.com/races/201014.htm

My mistake. Well that's even better.
Old 10 Jul 2021, 18:59 (Ref:4060656)   #5568
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Does it seem that Tatiana Calderon is soon moving up to ...<snip> ... Indycar ...<snip>
That would be great news!
It would give Mr. Johnson someone to play with.

We'll have to wait for 2022 at least, it seems.
Old 10 Jul 2021, 19:48 (Ref:4060663)   #5569
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Francesco Dracone
Old 11 Jul 2021, 00:51 (Ref:4060681)   #5570
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
It would give Mr. Johnson someone to play with.
I don't think Mrs Johnson would appreciate that very much....

Ooooooohhhhhh....you mean on the track.......

Last edited by jimclark; 11 Jul 2021 at 01:14.

jimclark
Old 11 Jul 2021, 02:34 (Ref:4060688)   #5571
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Francesco Dracone
I saw him run over some crew members at the one and only Nola GP.
Old 14 Jul 2021, 02:17 (Ref:4060972)   #5572
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Wonder why that track never comes up as an option. One race was hardly enough to make a good conclusion about it

Old 14 Jul 2021, 13:44 (Ref:4060998)   #5573
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
I've heard that the promoter was beyond terrible.
Old 14 Jul 2021, 14:05 (Ref:4061001)   #5574
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Looks like there will be driver changes at Andretti Autosport.

https://racer.com/2021/06/28/andrett...ahead-of-2022/
I could see pagenaud going to andretti. He's always been the red headed stepchild at Penske for whatever reason. After his first season with them, he was already on the hot seat beginning year 2. Then he won a championship, which should have cemented him there for years. The next year he was 2nd or 3rd in the standings. Then the following hear he struggled and was immediately on the hot seat again. So what does he do? Wins indy. Now bringing both of those to Penske, you'd think he would be locked in. Instead, he was just ok last year, and somehow an older will power gets the extension before he does. His accomplishments are further in the rearview than pagenaud and he's been struggling more of late. Yet, it looks like pagenaud is on his way out.

A few years ago, penske was at 4 cars for a year or two and dropped back down to 3 when shifting Montoya and Castroneves over to imsa. Feels like a similar scenario, where mclaughlin is in to replace pagenaud to keep 2 younger guys, along with power. Then in a couple years, power shifts over to imsa as a 42-43 year old. Maybe they keep pagenaud for another year or two before moving him over as well? Either way, I'm not sure why he always seems to be the outsider of the group when he's performed as well as power at least, and probably better over the last few years.
Old 14 Jul 2021, 15:21 (Ref:4061006)   #5575
S griffin
Veteran

Could do a lot worse than go with Pagenaud, he’s a safe pair of hands. He had a tough time at Penske and struggled to get anywhere at first, then had a lot of success with them, including the championship, showing far they had both come. Penske should have stuck by him. But they haven’t. But it might good for him

Penske earlier realised they couldn’t run four cars and it would be better off splitting it’s team into IMSA, which has worked well. Use the experience in sportscars, but keep them on standby for Indycars in case they are needed. But Pagenaud should go off elsewhere. He could even be better off going to sportscars. But I think he’s shown enough in Indycars to show he’s worth his place there, even if he isn’t quite a Dixon