Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 31 Jul 2002, 12:16 (Ref:347091)   #1
stefan
Racer

United Kingdom
nr bristol, uk
stefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridstefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
photos from goodwood f.o.s.

I finally sorted out some of my photos from this years Festival of Speed. It was as good as ever - though getting a bit crowded.

If you'd like to see them there at...

http://www.pbase.com/smarjoram/festival_of_speed_2002

Hope you like them.

(Also, continuing from a previous thread, there's some photos of the auto union recreation)
Old 31 Jul 2002, 14:09 (Ref:347170)   #2
Maisie
Veteran

Maisie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great photos, stefan! Just one small request: any chance of putting in a hover-over caption or title bar with the name/detals of the car in the picture for the uninitiated?
Old 1 Aug 2002, 01:21 (Ref:347538)   #3
mickj
Racer

mickj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Stefan
Excellent photos. Did you get any of the Toyota 7 "Jap-am" sports car.
Thanks
Old 2 Aug 2002, 08:47 (Ref:348410)   #4
stefan
Racer

United Kingdom
nr bristol, uk
stefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridstefan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Glad you liked the photos - I'll try to get them labelled. I've recently become a father and I only just managed to find time to even post the images

Unfortunately I didn't any of the Toyota. There's so much to see that no matter how early I set off I always manage to miss loads.
Old 8 Aug 2002, 17:37 (Ref:353235)   #5
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Stefan, as usual, very good camera work! (wasn't that you last year with the shot of your friends Bug getting the throttle or clutch cable fixed when going over to Lemans?)

I especially like the detail shots, pipes, gear changer etc. That's one of the advanages of the 990 and like, with the swivel lens, you can do the overhead and low down stuff easier. Going from your name, are you French or Belgian? Just curious.

David
(ps, good luck with the lack of sleep)

Last edited by djb; 8 Aug 2002 at 17:39.
Old 9 Aug 2002, 08:47 (Ref:353653)   #6
stefan
Racer

United Kingdom
nr bristol, uk
Thanks, glad you liked the pictures. Yes they were my photos from LeMans. Our friends throttle cable snapped as we left the pub for the ferry. We wired it open and got it onto the ferry with the clutch. The next morning in france we had some fun trying to work out the french for all that kind of thing. Still we got there in the end and I swear the beetle got more looks, smiles and waves than any of the other cars I saw.

The stefan part of my name is German (from my mother), but 'marjoram' is a suffolk name.
Old 14 Aug 2002, 03:15 (Ref:357425)   #7
djb
Veteran

djb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddjb should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Stefan, my wife's father is Swiss, and one of her sisters named her second son Stefen, which I presume is a Swiss-German version of yours.

Anyway, as usual, it's always nice to see photos from either of the Goodwood events, as I would very much like to go myself one day when circumstances can allow. Again, good luck with the new baby stage, it can be a tough one even if the little person is fairly good for sleeping. Our first was a real collicky one and it was quite a trial--it's a big spin of the chance wheel when it comes to what kind of baby you'll get, and you have to deal with whatever your served don't you?

djb
Old 15 Aug 2002, 12:00 (Ref:358272)   #8
stefan
Racer

United Kingdom
nr bristol, uk
Thanks for wishing us good luck with the baby. I think we've got a pretty good one as collic goes. He has the odd day where he's a bit grizzly - but the smiles make it all worthwhile.

To get things on topic again - I'm hoping to go to Shelsley Walsh this weekend - they're having some sort of ferrari celebration. So expect some more photos - I might try a bit of sketching too.