Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 30 Aug 2002, 08:17 (Ref:368859)   #26
LAK
Racer

LAK should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridLAK should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Simon, I can appreciate your concern re the short races - that's why we bought the TVR so we can take part in the Cloth Cap, FIA etc longer distance races.

Hubby and I really enjoyed Oulton. We haven't raced there since 1998 - it certainly is a challenging track. Jason and I really enjoyed our races and the whole weekend and think it was worth the trip even for the shorter races.

I concur that it was not in the same league as Coys and to some extent this was a little disappointing. The HSCC did really well but to be fair the lack of publicity (see Marcus Pye's comments in Autosport) and lack of celebs probably didn't help. I would call it a "posh" HSCC do rather than an out of out Coys event. It was all very relaxed and it was wonderful that spectators and fellow competitors a like could wander around and stand in awe at the variety and breadth of the cars competing.

Let's hope the HSCC can build on this for next year. I'll certainly put it in our race calendar for next year.
LAK
Old 30 Aug 2002, 08:24 (Ref:368865)   #27
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I guess the point I am making is that gvn the prep costs are the same for 20 min races as for 1 hr ones the longer races offer better value and therefore attract bigger grids which is good for everyone
look at how successful Top HAt and Gentleman Drivers have become maybe the others should leran from that
Old 30 Aug 2002, 08:37 (Ref:368879)   #28
simon drabble
Veteran

simon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridsimon drabble should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
by the way
how did you get on at Oulton??? and are you going to Donnington at the weekend?
Old 11 Sep 2002, 18:18 (Ref:378144)   #29
Dave Brand
Veteran

England
Hadfield, Derbyshire (UK)
Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!Dave Brand is going for a new lap record!
I've uploaded some pictures taken in the paddock at:

http://www.marshalspost.com/display_...?gallery_id=30

You may detect a certain Maserati bias!