Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 30 Aug 2002, 16:23 (Ref:369252)   #1
brickkicker
Veteran

brickkicker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bentley drivers club weekend

can anyone tell me whats on this saturday? Times and what will be racing.
Cheers
BRICKKICKER
Old 30 Aug 2002, 17:17 (Ref:369294)   #2
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Times are a little tricky, Brickkicker. All I've got is what was in the back of Autosport yesterday:

09.00 Practice
12.00 Bentley Cavalcade
12.40 Racing
16.30 Bentley Continental Cavalcade

There's also a Bentley EXP Speed 8 Le Mans car demonstration scheduled, but no time has been given for that.

Now, as to what's on. Past experience would suggest that there will be races for Bentleys and their contemporary rivals in various states of tune - from pukka 1920s tourers vs Aston Martins, Lagondas, Alvises and the like, through to single-seat racing hybrids.

Also, it's likely we'll see races for MGs, from T-Types to B's, the Morgan Challenge usually visits, and there are usually entries from machines such as Aston DBs, Cobras, Porsches, Allards, and there's even a Rover P4 that comes to play.

Will I be there? Hey, is a frog waterproof?
Old 30 Aug 2002, 17:48 (Ref:369313)   #3
brickkicker
Veteran

brickkicker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for the help at least now I got an idea what ill see when I get there
Old 30 Aug 2002, 18:22 (Ref:369340)   #4
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks for that. Now I know what I'm doing tomorrow.
Old 30 Aug 2002, 18:46 (Ref:369361)   #5
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Nice one, Peter.

Speckled hen, sir? I believe I have some which could use a good home at the weekend.
Old 30 Aug 2002, 18:55 (Ref:369371)   #6
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Hmmm.

I believe In have a few things to do in the morning but I should be passing your place a little after 11 ay emm. I'll bring the MG.
Old 30 Aug 2002, 19:37 (Ref:369407)   #7
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hmm... I'll probably be at trackside by 11.00, Pete.

Say - grass spectator bank on the inside of Copse for the cavalcade at 12.40, maybe?
Old 30 Aug 2002, 19:41 (Ref:369411)   #8
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Sounds good to me.