Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 22 Dec 2000, 19:15 (Ref:53850)   #26
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
OK, so it's just the Saturday and Monday then...

Can't see me going all the way to Snett on the Sunday
Old 22 Dec 2000, 23:03 (Ref:53888)   #27
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
On second thoughts...

I have trouble remembering that Powertour is gonna be a much improved package in Y2K+1 and it'll be worth going out of your way for...

Anyone else up for it then ?
Old 22 Dec 2000, 23:15 (Ref:53896)   #28
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Let's see.. Brands on Monday, Snetteron on Sunday, Donington on Saturday.. if there was a meeting on Friday at, say, Silverstone, Thruxton or Castle Coombe we could make it a big circular tour.
Old 22 Dec 2000, 23:25 (Ref:53898)   #29
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Steady now Redshoes! Anyone would think that motorsport takes over our lives
Old 22 Dec 2000, 23:47 (Ref:53902)   #30
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
And that's coming from the girl who's sitting at her PC as we speak working on her own motorsport website

Oh, and anyway, for six months of the year, motorsport DOES take over our life!
Old 23 Dec 2000, 02:48 (Ref:53916)   #31
Lorna
Veteran

And my brain is truly hurting
Old 23 Dec 2000, 19:38 (Ref:53991)   #32
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
North Americans get practically no time off, no matter how long we're at a job ... unless, in Canada, you get pregnant. In which case the government will give you a year off with pay.

Yes, ONE YEAR OFF WITH PAY.

Still, if you work it right, the time off we're allowed can cover a heck of a lot of racing. Which is good news.
Old 23 Dec 2000, 21:17 (Ref:54000)   #33
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Very interesting Liz, but so what ? I might be missing something here but how is that relevant to this topic. We're talking about 3 meetings over a long weekend - Saturday, Sunday and a public holiday Monday. I'm fairly sure they have weekends in North America, don't they.
Old 23 Dec 2000, 22:02 (Ref:54004)   #34
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ah, but it takes seven hours to fly to London from here, and then some time to get from London to where the races are. And then of course it takes the same time in reverse, and when you are my age you can't go right from the airport to your job. So a weekend in England for me is about five days.
Old 27 Dec 2000, 00:31 (Ref:54361)   #35
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
You need to get a better...... oh, we did that, didn't we ?
Old 27 Dec 2000, 03:06 (Ref:54381)   #36
Liz
Veteran

I need to get a job in England. Or else to become incredibly wealthy and not have to get a job at all.

Nah, I'd have to sell the Dino.
Old 11 Jan 2001, 02:27 (Ref:57951)   #37
Liz
Veteran

UPDATE:

Andy Machin has informed me that Donnington is in his back yard and he has been invited to the party.

Teamworks Karting is going to provide a few practice laps of Arrive and Drive for me and Tim and Bluebottle before we go up to Donnington!

Where do we stay up there? Do we camp?
Old 11 Jan 2001, 21:21 (Ref:58060)   #38
RIKB
Veteran

RIKB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dunno, But I plan to be at Brands on the Monday.

Oh and I get 23 days paid leave a year
Old 11 Jan 2001, 22:30 (Ref:58078)   #39
OVERSTEER
Veteran

England
Sheffield, England
OVERSTEER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

That weekend the San Marino GP is on, so what do I do? stay and watch the GP on TV, or go to the Brands TOCA meeting, or the Snetterton powertour meeting, or the A/ELMS at Donington? Help me out here!
Old 11 Jan 2001, 22:43 (Ref:58083)   #40
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by OVERSTEER
That weekend the San Marino GP is on, so what do I do? stay and watch the GP on TV, or go to the Brands TOCA meeting, or the Snetterton powertour meeting, or the A/ELMS at Donington? Help me out here!
Do you really need to ask It's highly unlikely that the GP will be even worth videoing anyway!

Old 11 Jan 2001, 22:51 (Ref:58088)   #41
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Do what we do - go trackside and watch the start of the GP in one of the bars. If it's any good you can always stay and watch it. If it's not (probable) then go outside and watch some real racing
Old 11 Jan 2001, 22:51 (Ref:58089)   #42
OVERSTEER
Veteran

England
Sheffield, England
OVERSTEER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh you gotta a point there, Fu*k it i'll video it. Cheers carrie for making me see sense.
Old 18 Jan 2001, 01:18 (Ref:59133)   #43
Liz
Veteran

I'm trying to get a room at the travel lodge at Donington Park; failing that, Leicester. Their website is experiencing technical difficulties (what a surprise) so i will try again tomorrow.

UPDATE: I have now secured a room at Donington Park and from the sound of it there will be room for a nice sized party especially if it rains! Can't wait to get this season under way.
[Edited by Liz on 19th January 2001]
Old 18 Jan 2001, 11:00 (Ref:59180)   #44
Tony Harman
Veteran

Tony Harman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So you're obviously all lost on what to do on Good Friday - well there's a club meeting on at Oulton Park, I know Sports 2000 are there - don't know what else. Also there's the season opener at Thruxton on Monday - BARC Classic Package
Old 19 Jan 2001, 20:42 (Ref:59409)   #45
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Liz, think i'm banned from Travel Lodge's after my Christmas do... hehe!

Tony, can't see me doing London --> Oulton --> Donington --> Snetterton --> Brands --> London over the course of the weekend... Having said that... i'v edone worse in the past, so you never know
Old 21 Jan 2001, 01:33 (Ref:59577)   #46
Lorna
Veteran

S'kay, Craig. Book it under my name - they don't know I am the instigator

Between Oulton and Donington would be a prob but between Donington and Snett, there is a place at mine. I doubt if I would have temporarily moved back to mum's by then. (which, I have a plan now. Will email you.)

Craig, can you summarise what you are planning that weekend, cos I'm confused (doesn't take much, I know!).
Old 21 Jan 2001, 15:20 (Ref:59630)   #47
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
That's a splendid idea, Lorny Seeing as you never booked in, they'd not know you were even there! Sorted.

What are we doing at Easter ? Methinks Donny on Saturday, overnight at yours (if that's still OK then (i've not got this email, BTW)) and then on to Snett. On the Monday we would then head on down to Brands for the BTCC.

Sound good ?
Old 21 Jan 2001, 20:09 (Ref:59677)   #48
Lorna
Veteran

I am not sure I am going to all of those race meetings. I haven't given it enough thought yet. But not a problem staying at mine.

I didn't email you that, why but you know now anyway.
Old 22 Feb 2001, 15:55 (Ref:66109)   #49
Liz
Veteran

How do we get tickets for the ALMS race? Last time I checked their site they didn't have them listed, and a polite request by e-mail was met with deafening silence.
Old 22 Feb 2001, 18:16 (Ref:66124)   #50
Lorna
Veteran

Liz. Do you mean the ALMS site or Donington?

Try http://www.donington-park.co.uk/ticket.htm

or
enquiries@donington-park.co.uk