Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 22 Jun 2010, 02:15 (Ref:2716119)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Drink [V8SC10R15&16] Sucrogen 400 Townsville

Will Mr Courtney bounce back at this round, which seemed to be a turning point for him last season?

Will Mr Whincup use his accumulator strategy and edge closer to the lead in the title fight?

Or will there be someone new?

I would think... Mr Winterbottom might be worth a shout!
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 22 Jun 2010, 02:54 (Ref:2716130)   #2
Go Harder.
Racer

Australia
Somewhere in the sticks...
Go Harder. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeehaa.... Road trippin' up there from northern nsw for the second year, had a blast there last year, can't wait........ Hopefully a different set of headlights will take it out this year!.... and speaking of headlights, they have this competition at the Criterion every Sunday night thats definately worth a look....
Old 22 Jun 2010, 05:34 (Ref:2716156)   #3
William Dale Jr
Veteran

Australia
Townsville, North Queensland
William Dale Jr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ah yes, the only two reasons you would ever go to The Cri... Incidentally, The Exchange has just been renovated and is really nice inside now. Anyone who came up last year and remembers how dark, dank, and loveably crap it was inside should pop in and give it a look. You won't recognise it!

Oh yes, the race!

Courtney's got form here from last year, but it's hard to go past Whincup. Look for Tander to be back in contention after a couple of poor rounds.

Also, the track break up issues from last year should be cured; they've laid a new layer of tarmac of a similar grade to what was used for the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix track.

Fingers-crossed for another great event this year!
Old 22 Jun 2010, 07:28 (Ref:2716175)   #4
Average Punter
Veteran

Australia
a drug store in Wagga
Average Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridAverage Punter should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Punters will be there.

Beer Garden at the Seaview for lunch.
Tea at The Brewery
Mad Cow for State of Origin Massacre #III.

And that's just the Wednesday...

By race weekend this could get very ugly!
Punters Beer Fest. Indy 02, Clipsal 03, Winton 04, Paperclip 05, Darwin 06, Oran Park 07, Phillip Island 08, Sandown 09, Townsville 10, Symmons 11, Eastern Creek 12, Winton 13. Townsville 14. Paperclip 15, Sandown 16, Symmons 17, PI 18, The Bend 19
Old 22 Jun 2010, 12:01 (Ref:2716292)   #5
FPV8U
Racer

Australia
3rd Rock from the Sun.
FPV8U should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Dale Jr View Post

Also, the track break up issues from last year should be cured; they've laid a new layer of tarmac of a similar grade to what was used for the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix track.
Well there is the curve ball, may aswell throw out alot of the set-up data from last year then.

#5 would be my tip, with the #18, #1 & #2 not far from one another.
Old 24 Jun 2010, 04:56 (Ref:2717209)   #6
William Dale Jr
Veteran

Australia
Townsville, North Queensland
William Dale Jr should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FPV8U View Post
Well there is the curve ball, may aswell throw out alot of the set-up data from last year then.
No necessarily. It's not the whole track, just the inner lane at the affected corners.
Old 24 Jun 2010, 08:27 (Ref:2717275)   #7
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Average Punter View Post
The Punters will be there.

Beer Garden at the Seaview for lunch.
Tea at The Brewery
Mad Cow for State of Origin Massacre #III.

And that's just the Wednesday...

By race weekend this could get very ugly!
Twice in a row to the same round AP, the missus must have enjoyed the holiday there to let you out again.
Old 24 Jun 2010, 20:50 (Ref:2717584)   #8
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame

Different round sponsor... again!

Story Here
Old 25 Jun 2010, 12:13 (Ref:2717799)   #9
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Good for him. In difficult trading times it shows a lot of invetiveness. It also provides a great driver excuse.

"So, Dean, you were leading by 50 seconds when you unexpectedly spin. Was it an error?"
"No, mate, I just thought the sponsors on the other side of the car weren't getting enough coverage..."
Old 26 Jun 2010, 06:20 (Ref:2718065)   #10
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
I actually really like this circuit.
Old 26 Jun 2010, 07:32 (Ref:2718079)   #11
FPV8U
Racer

Australia
3rd Rock from the Sun.
FPV8U should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
+1 Both Townsville & Homebush are good tracks, Hamilton could learn more than a few lessons.
Old 26 Jun 2010, 08:47 (Ref:2718110)   #12
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i agree, i always liked Townsville and credit to them the way they did it, it's great. on Homebush i have to say on paper i hated it and thought it would be ****house but it turned out to put on some good racing so some humble pie has been eaten here.
Old 28 Jun 2010, 01:15 (Ref:2719026)   #13
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
looking forward to the oversteering on some of those corners again. Seeing Lowndes getting the car sideways in Quali and Practice last year was awesome!
Old 1 Jul 2010, 03:58 (Ref:2720609)   #14
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Cameron McConville will replace Daniel Gaunt in the Gulf Western Oils Commodore VE in

http://www.speedcafe.com.au/2010/07/...or-townsville/

Doesn't say why
Old 1 Jul 2010, 04:31 (Ref:2720616)   #15
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post
Because the team wants a "more experienced driver"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedCafe article
Lucas Dumbrell has stated that his team needed a change of drivers to accelerate its learning process.
Article Link

Seems Mr Mark Noske and Mr Nathan Pretty will have a go on the new merry-go-round at the enduro races.
Old 1 Jul 2010, 04:55 (Ref:2720623)   #16
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Why doesnt Mr Noske have a gig next weekend then?

I would doubt having Mr McConville in the car for a one off will see this team trouble the top 10...
Old 1 Jul 2010, 05:31 (Ref:2720626)   #17
anthony81901
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
anthony81901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With no disresepect to Messers Noske & Pretty, McConville has had a bit more recent experience in V8s. No indication on who will get the drive after the enduros.
Old 1 Jul 2010, 05:42 (Ref:2720628)   #18
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony81901 View Post
With no disresepect to Messers Noske & Pretty, McConville has had a bit more recent experience in V8s. No indication on who will get the drive after the enduros.
The car will not be a top 10 contender with part timers Mr Noske & Mr Pretty... not sure what the expectation of course.

Mr Reynolds or Mr Owen may have been better choices
Old 1 Jul 2010, 05:56 (Ref:2720629)   #19
anthony81901
Veteran

Australia
Sydney
anthony81901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
With McConville contracted to WP, they probably had a say in which of their contracted drivers were available. And with McConville likely to drive their best hope with Tander they would have been keen to have him drive. LDR is a WP customer, so they were not likely to give a 888 driver a steer.
Old 1 Jul 2010, 07:49 (Ref:2720652)   #20
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
could Jack Perkins return to the series in this entry post enduro's????? he was linked to the drive very early in the piece before Gaunt got the nod.
Old 2 Jul 2010, 04:28 (Ref:2720992)   #21
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Racer View Post
could Jack Perkins return to the series in this entry post enduro's????? he was linked to the drive very early in the piece before Gaunt got the nod.
Reynolds to give him some recency before taking over an empty seat at HRT/WP next year?
Old 2 Jul 2010, 10:47 (Ref:2721062)   #22
fomoco
Veteran

Australia
Bris Vages southside
fomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridfomoco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by William Dale Jr View Post
Ah yes, the only two reasons you would ever go to The Cri... Incidentally, The Exchange has just been renovated and is really nice inside now. Anyone who came up last year and remembers how dark, dank, and loveably crap it was inside should pop in and give it a look. You won't recognise it!
is that the Exchange Hotel in the Main street, sunk the suds there back in the 80's
Old 4 Jul 2010, 03:09 (Ref:2721642)   #23
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, NSW, or a track near you
rdmdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mad Cow!
Old 4 Jul 2010, 03:37 (Ref:2721649)   #24
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, NSW, or a track near you
rdmdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony81901 View Post
With McConville contracted to WP, they probably had a say in which of their contracted drivers were available. And with McConville likely to drive their best hope with Tander they would have been keen to have him drive.
Additional track time for Cam prior to the endurance races (was going to be there for Fuji series anyway), good chance of a better finish that the team has previously experienced, better chance of less damage to the team's equipment than if a less experienced driver was applied to the task. Makes sense to me!

After the enduros you would imagine TDR will be on a talent drive recruiting for 2011?
Old 5 Jul 2010, 10:57 (Ref:2722093)   #25
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....

Um... isnt everyone else in Townsville already?