Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 26 Nov 2003, 19:15 (Ref:795364)   #1
Omega-Red
Rookie

Omega-Red should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gt3 Rs & Gt3 R

Hello everyone

Can anyone tell me what is the difference between Porsche GT3 RS and Porsche GT3 R. Thank you in advance
Old 26 Nov 2003, 19:38 (Ref:795376)   #2
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It would appear that it's a comprehensive upgrade:

http://www.supercars.net/cars/2001@$...GT3%20RSg.html
  • aero
  • engine intake and reliability
  • GT2 gearbox internals
  • suspension / frame?

Last edited by paul-collins; 26 Nov 2003 at 19:40.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 26 Nov 2003, 19:40 (Ref:795379)   #3
Magical Trevor
Veteran

United States
New Britain, CT; Local Track: Lime Rock
Magical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMagical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMagical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Hey Omega-Red, welcome to 10/Tenths! Hope you'll like it here!
As far as the question, sorry, I've no idea.

P.S. Maybe you missed this while creating your profile, but this is one of the forum rules: "...you must not use [your signature] to promote a website."
Please change this, thanks.

Last edited by RacerGuy2; 26 Nov 2003 at 19:41.
*Yes, I used to be RacerGuy2. You don't really think I'd stick with that name the whole time now did you? ;)
Old 26 Nov 2003, 19:42 (Ref:795380)   #4
Omega-Red
Rookie

Oh I'm sorry I didn't mean to promote my site. I will remove it right away. and thanks for replies really appreciate it.
Old 26 Nov 2003, 19:50 (Ref:795388)   #5
Omega-Red
Rookie

Paul do you know if there is outside appearance and color scheme difference between both?
Old 26 Nov 2003, 20:16 (Ref:795414)   #6
Magical Trevor
Veteran

United States
Magical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMagical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMagical Trevor should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Should have put this in my original reply, but if you'd like to post something about your site in the forums, your very welcome to do so in the Cool Sites forum, which I am moderator of. Many other site owners do this with their sites. Thanks for cooperating.
*Yes, I used to be RacerGuy2. You don't really think I'd stick with that name the whole time now did you? ;)
Old 26 Nov 2003, 20:22 (Ref:795427)   #7
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The new GT3-RSR is supposed to be the biggest improvement yet. Same for the new 360 GTC.
Old 26 Nov 2003, 20:35 (Ref:795439)   #8
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Honestly no - I doubt there's any colour scheme difference (after all, they're only sold to race teams who'd want to paint them anyway).

All GT3R images I can find claim to have RS upgrades on 'em, so I don't know what differences are there (and can't see an obvious difference). One thing I have noticed is that the outermost openings seem to have an integral deflector on the RS that looks riveted-on in the R's.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 26 Nov 2003, 20:58 (Ref:795469)   #9
Omega-Red
Rookie

Nice. Thanks guys
Old 27 Nov 2003, 00:10 (Ref:795631)   #10
Mopar
Racer

Mopar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I seem to remember the GT3R ran with shark-esque cooling vents on the front air dam just before the front wheels and also i remember luc alphan being the only person to run the GT3R inthe 2002 le mans and complained it was 30 or so bhp down on the GT3RS. How competitive does everyone think the new GT3RS will be? apparently porsche have cured its understeer problem (always thought it would have oversteer problems?!?!?) Surely the boxster would have been a more sensible option for gt3/ngt?
Old 27 Nov 2003, 01:07 (Ref:795668)   #11
Magical Trevor
Veteran

United States
Aaargh..

sorry there O-R, just remembered that rookies can't access Cool Sites (I must remember these things!)
If you'd like, I can post a topic there about your site... please PM me if you'd like.
Old 27 Nov 2003, 10:33 (Ref:795908)   #12
Audi R8R
Racer

Audi R8R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The boxter is not good for N-GT as it's a soft top. So, not allowed! It would also be too flexible for that reason alone to be competitive enough. Most of the 'trick' GT3-R/RS chassis are seam welded to make them stiffer anyway, so it would take a lOT of work to make a boxter that good.

The aero improvements on the RSR have apparently cured the front end wash out on the Porsches. The new car will be as quick out of the box as the Friesinger car was this year, as they have been developing the parts this season for the upgrade!
Apparently in testing the new car is a lot quicker than the current model.
Old 27 Nov 2003, 15:50 (Ref:796181)   #13
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Anyone know if Freisinger will get a Porsche 911 GT3 RSR for 2004?
Old 27 Nov 2003, 16:25 (Ref:796212)   #14
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
As of September 10th, yes.

-Bill James
Old 27 Nov 2003, 16:34 (Ref:796218)   #15
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ah ok, thanks Paul.

Last edited by SALEEN S7R; 27 Nov 2003 at 16:34.
Old 27 Nov 2003, 17:33 (Ref:796266)   #16
Zandbak
Racer

Netherlands
Zandbak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by SALEEN S7R
Anyone know if Freisinger will get a Porsche 911 GT3 RSR for 2004?
Hmmmmmm, I thought a factory team would get these things first

The Belgium team uses a GT3-RS and a GT3-R in the Belcar, check the site: http://www.rtm-racing.be , then to "Belcar" and then "Wagenpark"
Old 27 Nov 2003, 17:47 (Ref:796273)   #17
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Are Freisinger a factory team though? I thought AJR were the only official Porsche factory team. As far as Im aware Freisinger are factory supported but arent a full blown factory entry.
Old 27 Nov 2003, 18:44 (Ref:796314)   #18
Audi R8R
Racer

Audi R8R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by SALEEN S7R
Are Freisinger a factory team though? I thought AJR were the only official Porsche factory team. As far as Im aware Freisinger are factory supported but arent a full blown factory entry.
As far as I know, there aren't any 'official' factory Porsche Teams anywhere. It's just the level of support that Porsche gives to certain teams around the world. AJR in the ALMS and Friesinger in the FIA (Europe).

Seeing as how these two teams have been developing the parts that now appear on the new car throughout the past season, I would be very surprised if they don't already have the cars and are fettling them ready for the start of 2004.
Old 27 Nov 2003, 18:55 (Ref:796324)   #19
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Ah ok, just that this year AJR were penalised werent they? I think they arent entitled to prize money anymore or something because they are classed by IMSA to be a "Factory" Porsche entry. This isnt the case for Freisinger in the FIA GT's, they are still entitled to prize money and havent been penalised.