Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 5 Jun 2005, 14:25 (Ref:1320527)   #26
TomS
Racer

TomS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craner Curves
Since when did Kimi do gp2?

It's all a bit farcical now this and it isn't doing her credibility any good.
Ah i meant to a high level of motorsport
Old 5 Jun 2005, 16:24 (Ref:1320583)   #27
No 4
Veteran

No 4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I note the 'injured' ankle seems to be holding up. What a trouper!!
Old 5 Jun 2005, 17:38 (Ref:1320639)   #28
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bottom line. She has got no money and GP2 is a wish. Its the usual motor racing spin.
Old 5 Jun 2005, 18:54 (Ref:1320716)   #29
Russfeld
Veteran

Russfeld should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Watching Danielson qualify 12th in the world series, while actually recovering from an ankle injury; is quite something
Old 5 Jun 2005, 19:15 (Ref:1320729)   #30
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
runshaw should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
She should win a race before thinking of stepping up to GP2.
Old 5 Jun 2005, 19:27 (Ref:1320743)   #31
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i'd mock the results, but it's not really a challenge...
Old 5 Jun 2005, 20:16 (Ref:1320785)   #32
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Gaz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
One Word - Pathetic! That to describe both her and her performances!
Old 5 Jun 2005, 20:29 (Ref:1320803)   #33
Russfeld
Veteran

Drives with all the speed and elegance of a moose....
Old 5 Jun 2005, 20:34 (Ref:1320806)   #34
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
please children, lets put the handbags away and let the defenders step up to the plate with the usual "first time in the car" sort of excuses...
Old 5 Jun 2005, 21:14 (Ref:1320843)   #35
Kidzer
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Kidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKidzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, it was..but still not that impressive a performance if you ask me..

..just my 2p of course
Old 6 Jun 2005, 07:42 (Ref:1321092)   #36
Rob29
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire,UK
Rob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob29 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you have to knock women please save it for the 2 ladies in the Clio race who were dead last,one doing her best to spoil the finish when being lapped!
Old 6 Jun 2005, 08:18 (Ref:1321111)   #37
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob29
If you have to knock women please save it for the 2 ladies in the Clio race who were dead last,one doing her best to spoil the finish when being lapped!
Here we go...we're all knocking her cos she's female......
Old 6 Jun 2005, 08:19 (Ref:1321112)   #38
littleman
Veteran

littleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridlittleman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
She's a very average driver living her dream,so good luck to her. Don't under estimate the top 4 or 5 drivers in any category either.Westbrook,Faulkner,Templeman,Harvey etc are good peddlers and the Porsche ain't easy to drive on the limit.Only Kerr,Watts and Menu have been able to get in and run at the front.
Old 6 Jun 2005, 08:26 (Ref:1321119)   #39
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
I think thats a fair comment you make littleman, the front end of that Porsche Cup features some very talented drivers.

I think before this whole budget/injury thing Susie had several supporters around here but not even they can stick up for her now after the farce that has been been all this balls about her dodgy ankle!

I just wish she'd shut her own gob and stop ranting about shes going to make it to F1 etc.....er, not on performances you aren't love! they wouldn't even have you in F1 Stockcars!
Old 6 Jun 2005, 15:11 (Ref:1321445)   #40
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Gaz I wish you'd do the sometimes. I'm in agreement that recent events have done her no good, but I'd blame the management who are telling her what to say and are guiding her, not Susie herself. A tad harsh I think. She's not exactly going to disobey them is she?
Old 6 Jun 2005, 15:33 (Ref:1321457)   #41
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
Oh dear...there's always one isn't there!
Old 6 Jun 2005, 17:51 (Ref:1321593)   #42
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I have no problem with you making constructive criticisms of her, by all means go for it. But calling her pathetic was a bit harsh. It's not as if she's shot your dog or something is it?
Old 6 Jun 2005, 18:58 (Ref:1321652)   #43
No 4
Veteran

No 4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Craner Curves - Bella has already rollocked Gaz for starting 2 arguments today. Put tactfully, this underlines his tendency to talk first and engage brain second. Rise above it.
Old 6 Jun 2005, 19:35 (Ref:1321683)   #44
Gaz
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northwich, UK
I'd hardly call in a rollocking! And just cos I may not conform to the politically correct opinion!

To roll around telling everyone your injured when really either your skint or your running from the competition is pretty pathetic in my opinion!

If your going to go around telling everyone your going to F1 like she does and then you perform in the manner she has then I don't think anyone can argue when a few members on here criticise!
Old 6 Jun 2005, 19:49 (Ref:1321695)   #45
flexible-flyer
Veteran

Northern Ireland
the british isles/ireland/ze vorrrld
flexible-flyer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
gaz is right though. i mean if susie was just any other midfield-backmarker racer it would be fair enough. every sport has its good drivers and its bad drivers. but the bad drives tend to know their limits. it seems to me that susie has bad delusions of herself. gp2 next year? f1 by 2007?

susie, you havent shown the ability to win in formula renault or formula 3 yet and you are harping on about formula one by 2007?

britian has never been better in my opinion as far as up and coming driving talent goes-
carroll, green, hamilton, rossiter, lloyd, lyons, paffett, sharp, wheldon etc etc etc

susie is not one of them, yet she gets more PR than most of them combined.
Old 6 Jun 2005, 22:44 (Ref:1321891)   #46
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
gaz is totally right. She said on the first programme of british f3 on channel 4 this year that she wasnt't bothered about being the quickest female driver, what mattered to her was being the quickest overall! She has never been the quickest overall in her career yet to my knowledge, so how can she possibly aim to be quickest in british f3 and want to progress to GP2?! Ronayne O'Mahony is a driver of pretty much the same calibre in my opinion and he gets nowhere near as much exposure as she does. Even though she is a good driver, i dont't think she is a rising star and if she makes it to f1 I'll eat my hat. If she really was lying about an injury, that is poor.
Old 7 Jun 2005, 12:34 (Ref:1322301)   #47
newoutsider
Racer

newoutsider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
To put her performance into context, last year at Oulton Park I watched Alain Menu as the guest driver - he had never driven the car before and has no experience of rear-wheel drive saloons either what did he do? qualify on pole for both races and simply run away from the regulars

as the great Mario Andretti used to say, if you can drive, you can drive
Old 7 Jun 2005, 12:35 (Ref:1322304)   #48
ActiveMS
Racer

ActiveMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For females in motorsport at the moment it is very easy to get media attention for the obvious reason that they are in the serious minority, and fair play to them for accepting it I suppose.

I dont think anyone here is bashing SS because she is female.
More like the fact that her performances to date have not met up to the expectation that her management and SS herself have portrayed and I think they have overdone the PR.

I think she has tripped herself up with this ankle injury farce and to be honest, I dont think she will have done her professional image any good either.

Its a shame she has had sponsorship problems, but she's lucky to have any sponsors whatsover as many hundreds of drivers wont even make it as far as F.Renault despite their obvious talents.

I would love to see a female driver take top honours in F.Renault, F3 or even F1.

I think its totally cr*p that some people seem to think females cant physically take the demands of an F1 car due to belts etc.

so, roll on the first female F1 World Champ, whoever she may be.......
Old 7 Jun 2005, 14:16 (Ref:1322389)   #49
Russfeld
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by newoutsider
To put her performance into context, last year at Oulton Park I watched Alain Menu as the guest driver - he had never driven the car before and has no experience of rear-wheel drive saloons either what did he do?

DTM cars are slightly beefier than a Carrera Cup car
Old 7 Jun 2005, 15:08 (Ref:1322413)   #50
runshaw
Veteran

England
Lancashire UK
Quote:
I think its totally cr*p that some people seem to think females cant physically take the demands of an F1 car due to belts etc.
Yes it has already been proved that women are physically fit enough to drive an F1 car. Sarah Kavanagh passed fitness tests by the Mclaren F1 team showing she was well capable of handling F1 cars.