Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 24 Mar 2008, 12:35 (Ref:2160246)   #26
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
They're two high profile Dutch drivers with a great rivalry, they are bringing postive, media worthy, sportscar coverage to your country.

Jaguar vs Porsche, Peugout vs Audi, Jan vs Jos, intense rivalries take the competition and media interest to another level.

The Dutch P2 battle will now be a highlight of the season.
CMK hit the nail on the head. I don't see anything positive about two grown up men fighting like little babies. It's not rivalry. Corvette vs. Aston, that's rivalry, a fight on the track in proper manner with full respect for eachother and friendly talks in the paddock. Jan vs. Jos is pathetic mud throwing which has nothing to do with their fight on the track, and that disgusts and embararasses me.
Old 24 Mar 2008, 14:10 (Ref:2160306)   #27
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And it is because of topics like this that it keeps getting back in the news...or in fact getting into the international press.
Old 24 Mar 2008, 15:31 (Ref:2160336)   #28
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stranger
And it is because of topics like this that it keeps getting back in the news...or in fact getting into the international press.
So do three headed goats and pictures of ballers getting caught coming out of the wrong suite in the morning! Does not mean it is positive press!

L.P.
Old 24 Mar 2008, 15:40 (Ref:2160341)   #29
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramzel
CMK hit the nail on the head. I don't see anything positive about two grown up men fighting like little babies. It's not rivalry. Corvette vs. Aston, that's rivalry, a fight on the track in proper manner with full respect for eachother and friendly talks in the paddock. Jan vs. Jos is pathetic mud throwing which has nothing to do with their fight on the track, and that disgusts and embararasses me.
I agree 100%
Old 24 Mar 2008, 19:13 (Ref:2160481)   #30
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmk
I'm sorry, but there is nothing positive about the attention garnered by grown adult drivers calling each other d*ckhead and the like. The end.
Colourful drivers are the ones we all root for, we don't want robot like F1 clones, we need a little personality.
Quote:
Jan vs. Jos is pathetic mud throwing which has nothing to do with their fight on the track, and that disgusts and embararasses me.
I think you need to lighten up, this rivalry is nothing but good for the sport. When the competition heats up, the 'Jolly well done old chap' attitude goes out of the window.

Last edited by JAG; 24 Mar 2008 at 19:20.
Old 25 Mar 2008, 06:08 (Ref:2160843)   #31
Zytek_Fan
Racer

United States
Zytek_Fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramzel
Well...the Corvette vs Aston thing got a little out of hand when Doug Feehan complained...A LOT.
Old 25 Mar 2008, 07:11 (Ref:2160864)   #32
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zytek_Fan
Well...the Corvette vs Aston thing got a little out of hand when Doug Feehan complained...A LOT.

L.P.
Old 25 Mar 2008, 09:37 (Ref:2160972)   #33
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
I think you need to lighten up, this rivalry is nothing but good for the sport. When the competition heats up, the 'Jolly well done old chap' attitude goes out of the window.
I think you need to accept that my opinion differs from yours Forgive me for not seeing how big guys behaving like children is good for the sport.
Old 25 Mar 2008, 10:33 (Ref:2161024)   #34
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I agree with Bramzel and cmk. On track rivalry is fine but this is the wrong type of rivalry, and I don't care whether it drums up media interest or not; it is not of the positive type and doesn't help the image of our sport one bit. Great shame really because they are, in my eyes, anyway, a couple of well respected drivers.
Old 25 Mar 2008, 11:37 (Ref:2161072)   #35
kurtiejjj
Racer

Netherlands
London, UK
kurtiejjj should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingkai
I think Holland broadcast to much about dutch drivers with a (big) mouth
As far as I can work out they don't broadcast these drivers either (well apart from our two princes doing (crashing actually) the 130i cup thingy!
Old 27 Mar 2008, 17:16 (Ref:2163199)   #36
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
Why are people so uptight about two men not liking each other?
It's o.k. to vent your thoughts about someone who treated you with disrespect. This can serve as a warning for others who don't know the person in question.

I think Jan Lammers has been the gentleman all the way with primadonna Verstappen untill he became TOO cocky. Only then did he vent his frustration about this mediocre driver who thinks he's an ex-F1 champ!
Old 27 Mar 2008, 22:32 (Ref:2163433)   #37
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
When I think of colourful drivers who I root for, I think individuals like Tomas Enge, Uwe Alzen, JJ Lehto and Johnny Herbert at their most entertaining, maybe even Jean-Marc Gounon. If you're going to overexpress testosterone, at least do it on the track or make it funny like JJ's "I am not angry, I just have a nervous twitch in my middle finger"
Old 1 Apr 2008, 21:36 (Ref:2167374)   #38
kingkai
Racer

Netherlands
Amsterdam
kingkai should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
New news on Verstappen

He has hit a 19 year old trackmarshal on a karttrack in Holland. The trackmarshall wouldn't let Verstappes son on the track for some reason and father got angry.
Rumours say that he drove off in a hurry before the police arrived....
If so, Verstappen will not get any support of me anymore, if he gets any at all allready.
Old 2 Apr 2008, 04:40 (Ref:2167513)   #39
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Source?
Old 2 Apr 2008, 09:07 (Ref:2167627)   #40
fish88
Racer

Netherlands
fish88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://frontpage.fok.nl/nieuws/90024

And it is real because they went to the police, and he reacts to the article. He really lost my respect now.

http://frontpage.fok.nl/nieuws/90070
Old 3 Apr 2008, 07:31 (Ref:2168430)   #41
gucom
Racer

gucom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.janlammers.com/XmlParser/...tem.xsl&id=580

It's in Dutch, but Jan Lammers says he shouldn't have said the things he said and that he reacted too strongly. He also said he and Jos are like two old women now but that they'll work it out. He's looking forward to racing Jos and expects that the personal stuff won't translate into on-track agression, only into a good race...

I'm glad to see him being the voice of reason here, I hope Jos will react in an equally mature manner...
Old 3 Apr 2008, 20:05 (Ref:2168968)   #42
GTfour
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!GTfour has a real shot at the podium!
I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you...

Jan Lammers is one of sportscars greats,Jos Verstappen is a poor F1 hasbeen...
Old 4 Apr 2008, 07:25 (Ref:2169258)   #43
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
http://www.autosport.nl/actueel/news...50&rubriek=int

This topic can be closed....