Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 29 Mar 2008, 22:47 (Ref:2164799)   #51
NightStalk3r
Veteran

United Kingdom
Wiltshire, England
NightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridNightStalk3r should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj4monie
It is?

Melo had a 19 second lead after one hour at Sebring this year!

How is that CRAP?????????????
a 19 secound lead isnt gonna be much use to you if you cant keep the car on the track till the chequerd flag
Old 29 Mar 2008, 22:52 (Ref:2164805)   #52
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NightStalk3r
a 19 secound lead isnt gonna be much use to you if you cant keep the car on the track till the chequerd flag
A 19 second lead isnt much when you have a Lizard chomping at your back door either !!!
Old 29 Mar 2008, 23:04 (Ref:2164811)   #53
dj4monie
Veteran

United States
Reseda, California
dj4monie is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
I see team bias shining though, boy your transparant Badger

I still say they win and it won't be close, they get the pole shoot to a large lead, the leaders will start lapping the GT2 cars, won't quite get to Melo, John Field's overagressiveneess bites him again and (magic wand please) - "The Gift"

That's what happen at Sebring what makes you think it won't happen again? Melo is not doing his impression of Tomas Enge....
Old 29 Mar 2008, 23:52 (Ref:2164834)   #54
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Melo is not doing his impression of Tomas Enge....
Wrong again ..... thats Melo doing his Salo impression , when he took Enge out !!!
Old 30 Mar 2008, 00:02 (Ref:2164852)   #55
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
I'll just say, Melo was WAY too optimistic at Sebring. You don't have a prayer of outbraking prototypes in a GT2 car (and Melo tried to go by about half a dozen cars, including two P2s).
Old 30 Mar 2008, 16:20 (Ref:2165273)   #56
HORNDAWG
Veteran

United States
Oregon
HORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHORNDAWG should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist
I'll just say, Melo was WAY too optimistic at Sebring. You don't have a prayer of outbraking prototypes in a GT2 car (and Melo tried to go by about half a dozen cars, including two P2s).
While I will grant that the move was not the best. I have reviewed the thing many times and IMO it was mostly him trying to avoid the accordian effect, with cars continually moving over in front of him to avoid cars in front of them to the point of he ran out of track and ended up on the grass with two wheels and at that point he was pretty much a passenger. I don't think his plan was to try and out break the proto's!

And I think dj4monie is wrong in his assesment. It is not team favortism it is a Mfg's Fanatikerin making his presence known (repeatedly).

L.P.
Old 31 Mar 2008, 01:02 (Ref:2165729)   #57
Hugewally
Veteran

United States
Largo, FL USA
Hugewally should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, he drove in too deep and then tried his best not to hit anyone, which unfortunately, we all know the outcome of that...
Old 31 Mar 2008, 05:30 (Ref:2165809)   #58
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HORNDAWG
And I think dj4monie is wrong in his assesment. It is not team favortism it is a Mfg's Fanatikerin making his presence known (repeatedly).

L.P.
Badger still needs to learn when to use the "other" thread instead of the regular ones....
Old 31 Mar 2008, 17:12 (Ref:2166297)   #59
The Badger
Veteran

Naa ...... it was a one off the hip shot ..... hatta be done !!!
Old 1 Apr 2008, 08:49 (Ref:2166758)   #60
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ok, point taken, now sit down quietly and watch Ferrari win at St. Pete.
Old 1 Apr 2008, 11:50 (Ref:2166914)   #61
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Just found out on autosport.nl that Nicky Pastorelli will drive the ViCi racing team Porsche from this race onwards with his brother Francesco Pastorelli.
Any news on this? doesn't seem to be an April fools day joke.
Old 1 Apr 2008, 13:24 (Ref:2167000)   #62
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster
Just found out on autosport.nl that Nicky Pastorelli will drive the ViCi racing team Porsche from this race onwards with his brother Francesco Pastorelli.
Any news on this? doesn't seem to be an April fools day joke.
Is this possibly a driver lineup for a second car?
Old 1 Apr 2008, 17:39 (Ref:2167145)   #63
yamato
Racer

yamato should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would say that it is likely that the change is for the main car; due to the fact that the entry list initially had Stanton/Swartzbaugh but has now been changed to TBA/TBA. Will the eventually have two cars? I hope so,... but doubt that it will be this weekend.

Last edited by yamato; 1 Apr 2008 at 17:42.
Old 1 Apr 2008, 18:04 (Ref:2167180)   #64
Zurbert82
Veteran

United States
Pittsburgh
Zurbert82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nicky was seen testing the car at Sebring a month or so ago...
Old 1 Apr 2008, 19:02 (Ref:2167222)   #65
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Seems more likely to be for the main car now, yes. I dunno what will happen with the second car. Swartzbaugh is not really a pro, and street courses aren't really a happy place for amateurs (why Tafel is standing down?) so it could make sense that he will return after this 3-race stretch, or after midseason.
Old 1 Apr 2008, 21:01 (Ref:2167344)   #66
yamato
Racer

yamato should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The entry list has now been updated with:

Rueben Carrapatoso/TBA

?????

the plot thickens
Old 1 Apr 2008, 22:03 (Ref:2167390)   #67
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
cmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridcmk should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This gross uncertainty is uncomfortably reminiscent of previous VICI forays into sportscar racing.
Old 1 Apr 2008, 22:51 (Ref:2167420)   #68
Zurbert82
Veteran

United States
Pittsburgh
Zurbert82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.planetlemans.com/2008/04/...n-vici-racing/
Old 1 Apr 2008, 23:10 (Ref:2167425)   #69
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
The plot dethickens. I had assumed St. Pete would be too early for a second car. It seems that reality may be very close to agreeing with me.
Old 1 Apr 2008, 23:16 (Ref:2167430)   #70
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yeah he makes a point to tell you, bashing Gentlemen drivers is wrong, but calling the winners of last year's Le Mans race 2nd class is acceptable.
Look, "mate", we've had our ups and downs here but i'm not here to start feuds, or bring up old debates.

They lucked into the Le Mans win (can't argue that) because the lead car crashed. They simply are not Mcnish, Capello and Kristensen!

Audi will be weaker.
Old 1 Apr 2008, 23:43 (Ref:2167439)   #71
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
To finish first, first you have to finish. Biela and Pirro have a habit of that - and of finishing first. 5 LM 24 wins and 2 ALMS championships a piece...so basically, if McNish/Capello/Kristensen are stronger and on absolute pace they are a little, then the second best pair you could ask for are those 2.
Old 1 Apr 2008, 23:46 (Ref:2167441)   #72
minimangler
Veteran

Wales
Leftfield, somewhere.
minimangler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
But who would you choose, for ALMS races? Pirro or Mcnish? Kristensen or Biela?
Old 1 Apr 2008, 23:51 (Ref:2167445)   #73
cmk
Veteran

Canada
Linköping, Sweden
Does the phrase "second-best pair" not mean anything to you? Sometimes you can't have the "best" pair, because sometimes people have other commitments ie. DTM, or more importantly, being a father.

Audi will be weaker, maybe, but it's measured with a Vernier caliper, not a metre stick.
Old 2 Apr 2008, 02:11 (Ref:2167481)   #74
The Badger
Veteran

None of the above mentioned Audi drivers have much to prove . But I would say that McNish-Kristensen is a consistantly quicker squad than Biela-Pirro .
Old 2 Apr 2008, 06:51 (Ref:2167547)   #75
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by minimangler
But who would you choose, for ALMS races? Pirro or Mcnish? Kristensen or Biela?
That's the kind of decision most team managers would love to have- and I suspect most would be happy to have any combination of those four behind the wheel of their car...

It's not as if Biela/Pirro means the car's suddenly going to be 2 seconds a lap off the pace, is it...?