Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 15 Jan 2012, 15:30 (Ref:3011939)   #251
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
He's not one who's stood out for me that's for sure, still a signing's a signing for some teams.

Thought there might be some further news from the Autosport show about GP2 returnees/wannabees.... anyone?!!
Old 19 Jan 2012, 16:57 (Ref:3014172)   #252
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Valsecchi has joined DAMS.
Old 19 Jan 2012, 17:04 (Ref:3014178)   #253
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by skells22 View Post
Valsecchi has joined DAMS.
Unusual. I would have thought that Valsecchi would have moved on. He has to win the title this year for his sake.
Old 19 Jan 2012, 19:34 (Ref:3014232)   #254
Balaurderaa
Rookie

England
Keynsham
Balaurderaa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I remember last year there were some rumours that Valsecchi would switch from Caterham to Lotus as test driver so if that happens this could mean that once again DAMS will run as Lotus's junior team.
Old 19 Jan 2012, 19:39 (Ref:3014234)   #255
Balaurderaa
Rookie

England
Keynsham
Quote:
Originally Posted by blindfold View Post
Only the rich kids can afford GP2 now, hence why all the genuine drivers do WSR these days...
To be fair to Trummer he was better than Amberg who's gone to Fr3.5 and in the pre-season testing for 2011 he regularly finished higher up I know this is a results game but he's not so much a no hoper as Amberg, Ghirelli, Marsenko, Cunha, Fong etc that have been testing in Fr3.5
Old 19 Jan 2012, 19:44 (Ref:3014238)   #256
W.A Trichlorostyrene
Veteran

W.A Trichlorostyrene should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balaurderaa View Post
I remember last year there were some rumours that Valsecchi would switch from Caterham to Lotus as test driver so if that happens this could mean that once again DAMS will run as Lotus's junior team.
I'm a bit lost, isn't Lotus ART supposed to be Lotus' junior team?
Old 19 Jan 2012, 21:05 (Ref:3014269)   #257
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by p-matt View Post
Unusual. I would have thought that Valsecchi would have moved on. He has to win the title this year for his sake.
Yes after last season where he seemed to be on worse form than in his previous years, i'm surprised he's continuing.

DAMS have plenty of young drivers through Gravity that they could've signed surely?
Old 19 Jan 2012, 21:16 (Ref:3014272)   #258
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i'm not sure if any of those are ready, have enough money or are in the right place to do gp2.

valsecchi seems a little too laid back for his own good sometimes.
Old 20 Jan 2012, 07:55 (Ref:3014424)   #259
Balaurderaa
Rookie

England
Keynsham
Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A Trichlorostyrene View Post
I'm a bit lost, isn't Lotus ART supposed to be Lotus' junior team?
DAMS are/were run by Eric Boullier and they've run Tung, D'Ambrosio and Grosjean in GP2 whilst they were all Renault test drivers.
Old 20 Jan 2012, 11:05 (Ref:3014483)   #260
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Johnny Cecotto Jr has join Addax
Old 20 Jan 2012, 14:14 (Ref:3014565)   #261
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by skells22 View Post
Johnny Cecotto Jr has join Addax
Now we will see if this kid really has any ability. He's shown glimpses before but nothing in the way of race winning potential, at least in this category. How how much could that have been down to the somewhat piecemeal existence he's had to date, part seasons here, one off drives there etc?

Nowhere to hide in a top team though is there?
Old 20 Jan 2012, 17:08 (Ref:3014627)   #262
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It seems that Meritus has given up his chances to be in GP2 instead SuperNova. Perhaps it's time for Lazarus to fill the place, as 6thGear suggests?
Old 21 Jan 2012, 11:26 (Ref:3014916)   #263
p-matt
Veteran

p-matt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What's happened with Addax? They have been consistent front-runners for four years but now they sell the GP3 team and hire Cecotto whose ability is questionable rather than a proven race winner and championship contender. I hope Cecotto's money will offset a better driver in the second seat without as much funding, maybe Bird or Bianchi?
Old 21 Jan 2012, 15:02 (Ref:3015004)   #264
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-matt View Post
What's happened with Addax? They have been consistent front-runners for four years but now they sell the GP3 team and hire Cecotto whose ability is questionable rather than a proven race winner and championship contender. I hope Cecotto's money will offset a better driver in the second seat without as much funding, maybe Bird or Bianchi?
I'd like to see Bottas or Wickens get that drive unlikely as it may be?
Old 27 Jan 2012, 07:29 (Ref:3017625)   #265
Balaurderaa
Rookie

England
Keynsham
With Rossi joining FR3.5 We could end up with a grid of

Addax Cecotto Rosenzweig
DAMS Valsecchi Haryanto
Racing Engineering Leimer Berthon
Isport Ericsson Palmer
ART Gutierrez Calado
Caterham Razia Ceccon
Coloni Coletti Onidi
Supernova Costa Varhaug
Trident Richelmi Leal
Rapax Clos Gonzalez
Arden Trummer Kral
Ocean Da Costa Melker
Carlin Chilton Charouz

Okay Costa was a little optimistic but the rest is a pretty good guess I think
Old 27 Jan 2012, 07:54 (Ref:3017634)   #266
Alex K
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
Alex K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Albert Costa, unless he wins Euromillions is done with single-seaters. Expect to see him in good GT ride.
Old 27 Jan 2012, 14:12 (Ref:3017799)   #267
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balaurderaa View Post
With Rossi joining FR3.5 We could end up with a grid of

Addax Cecotto Rosenzweig
DAMS Valsecchi Haryanto
Racing Engineering Leimer Berthon
Isport Ericsson Palmer
ART Gutierrez Calado
Caterham Razia Ceccon
Coloni Coletti Onidi
Supernova Costa Varhaug
Trident Richelmi Leal
Rapax Clos Gonzalez
Arden Trummer Kral
Ocean Da Costa Melker
Carlin Chilton Charouz

Okay Costa was a little optimistic but the rest is a pretty good guess I think
Indeed, hardly a potential line up to relish is it?
Old 27 Jan 2012, 14:24 (Ref:3017806)   #268
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
reckon 50% of those guys ran out of steam in their previous formula.

*sigh*

this is The Year for ericsson, isn't it?
Old 27 Jan 2012, 14:27 (Ref:3017808)   #269
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
reckon 50% of those guys ran out of steam in their previous formula.

*sigh*

this is The Year for ericsson, isn't it?
On pure ability and with all the cards stacked in their favour, you'd have to think it will be him versus Gutierrez?
Old 27 Jan 2012, 14:34 (Ref:3017816)   #270
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
and calado. i like the look of calado. he had a cracking year in gp3, and the fact he didn't get more recognition for it is a reflection on gp3 and how far that has to go, imo.

i'd like to see valsecchi go well. dunno why. and clos. and i look forward to seeing how many times charouz is going to bin it.
Old 27 Jan 2012, 15:47 (Ref:3017839)   #271
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
On pure ability and with all the cards stacked in their favour, you'd have to think it will be him versus Gutierrez?
It's more or less do or die for both of them isn't it? At least for Ericsson I think.

A bit of an underwhelming field but hopefully we'll get a good fight for the title.
Old 27 Jan 2012, 15:52 (Ref:3017843)   #272
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Pink View Post
A bit of an underwhelming field but hopefully we'll get a good fight for the title.
good point... so long as there's a good old scrap it's all sort of irrelevant really i keep forgetting to factor in the extra element of different compounds of tyre too.
Old 27 Jan 2012, 16:04 (Ref:3017848)   #273
Mr Pink
Veteran

Sweden
Sweden
Mr Pink should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
good point... so long as there's a good old scrap it's all sort of irrelevant really
When it comes down to it, it's what it's alla about right?
Old 27 Jan 2012, 18:54 (Ref:3017910)   #274
Balaurderaa
Rookie

England
Keynsham
Why has everybody written off Leimer he dominated post season testing and was invincible in Abu Dhabi?
Old 28 Jan 2012, 03:36 (Ref:3018027)   #275
ptclaus98
Veteran

United States
ptclaus98 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm going to go out on a limb and say Calado. His career just seems like it's gaining momentum and that he's gaining confidence.