Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 8 May 2003, 14:30 (Ref:593586)   #1
rush1
Veteran

rush1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bryan Herta to the IRL

he wil drive for AGR until Dario recuperates. First race will be in Texas. He did test yesterday at Indy and it would be great if he could get a ride for the 500. We will have to see.
Old 8 May 2003, 14:58 (Ref:593606)   #2
shiny side up!
Veteran

United States
Ann Arbor
shiny side up! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would think he'd be a good idea if someone had a seat for him at the 500... here's to hoping...
Old 8 May 2003, 15:05 (Ref:593614)   #3
Lee Janotta
Veteran

Lee Janotta should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, Penske's got all those spare cars sitting around...
Old 8 May 2003, 15:19 (Ref:593621)   #4
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Fantastic!
Old 8 May 2003, 15:23 (Ref:593623)   #5
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ovals aren't relly Bryan's strength. I think CART should've funded him for a CART drive this year, so he can work his magic as a well-known US driver. It's good to see him back on track, but I'm not sure he'll do especially well.
Old 8 May 2003, 16:06 (Ref:593659)   #6
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Jay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They asked Bryan Herta because PT told them to off!

Good luck to Bryan though, hopefully he won't get hurt. It'd good to see him back in a professional road racing series though.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 8 May 2003, 17:37 (Ref:593770)   #7
Jordi
Veteran

Catalonia
Vilafranca del Penedés, CATALONIA
Jordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJordi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, Bryan did show quite well at Michigan 2001... which must be his penultimate big oval race...
Old 9 May 2003, 01:47 (Ref:594119)   #8
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally posted by Jay
It'd good to see him back in a professional road racing series though.
What a strange statement

anyway , good to see Bryan back behind the wheel , I hope he does well just a shame I guess the IRL doesnt visit Laguna Seca then we would see what he can really do
Old 9 May 2003, 02:11 (Ref:594126)   #9
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
yeah...erm..well.. You get the idea, turning both left and right in a pro series of some kind. Maybe he'll get that Minardi ride for the US GP...lol.
"I used to hate writing, but now I enjoy it. I realized that the purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!" - Calvin and Hobbes
Old 9 May 2003, 06:36 (Ref:594191)   #10
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd love to see Bryan in CART, but that's not possible atm, sadly. But I hope he does well, and blows the IRL regulars away.
Old 9 May 2003, 19:34 (Ref:594873)   #11
Avid Merrion
Racer

Avid Merrion should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At least this gives Bryan a good seat in a single seater car. He always seems to get a bum deal though , and ends up scratching a ride.

He's worth so much better than that !
Old 10 May 2003, 15:46 (Ref:595428)   #12
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Jay
They asked Bryan Herta because PT told them to off!

Good luck to Bryan though, hopefully he won't get hurt. It'd good to see him back in a professional road racing series though.
If you hate the IRL so much, why do you bother posting here?

As for Herta, i just think it is great someone has finally given him a chance, he's pretty much had a raw deal in single seaters since he was shown the door by Rahal at the end of 1999.
Old 10 May 2003, 23:26 (Ref:595783)   #13
camcartfan
Racer

United States
Temeku
camcartfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What's up with Papis? Has he landed a ride for Indy? I would have thought he would get the AGR ride first.
Old 11 May 2003, 04:08 (Ref:595864)   #14
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm glad Herta has a ride, but for the most part he stinks on ovals. I don't quiet know why, he is a very smooth driver. His strengths have always been courses like Laguna (where he is the king), Elkhart, Mid-Ohio. He's had many an oval where he gets lapped and looks downright pathetic.
Old 11 May 2003, 04:35 (Ref:595873)   #15
Jay
Veteran

United Nations
Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by racer69
If you hate the IRL so much, why do you bother posting here?
Bryan was a Cart driver for several years... and I'd like to see him in road racing again. Is that such an anti-IRL thing to say? The wheel does turn the other way too...
Old 11 May 2003, 12:15 (Ref:596027)   #16
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Jay
Bryan was a Cart driver for several years... and I'd like to see him in road racing again. Is that such an anti-IRL thing to say? The wheel does turn the other way too...
I wasn't referring to Herta, i was referring to your posts on the IRL forum in general. Where have i mentioned that the wheel doesn't turn the other way, i'm just as happy to watch a CART race as i am to watch an IRL race.

Racing is racing, whether it be on an oval, a race track, a street circuit or a drag strip.

On Max Papis, might he be in line for the #51 seat at Cheever Racing?
Old 21 May 2003, 23:40 (Ref:606413)   #17
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Good for Herta, but he does deserve a full-time ride, either in CART (which might suit him better) or the IRL. Maybe next year, if he performs well at AGR?