Alonso 0 0%
Hamilton 0 0%
Grosjean (it's a democracy) 1 0.97%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2 Sep 2012, 13:45 (Ref:3128984)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Driver of the race- Belgian Grand Prix

Who have you chosen?
Old 2 Sep 2012, 13:49 (Ref:3128988)   #2
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The German Guy who sucks at overtaking.
Old 2 Sep 2012, 13:50 (Ref:3128991)   #3
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I've chosen Button. He keeps making his incredible comebacks from bad form. Hulkenberg was also superb. Pity about the two Saubers.
Old 2 Sep 2012, 13:57 (Ref:3128997)   #4
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Vettel. What a race.

Massa comes second.
Old 2 Sep 2012, 14:03 (Ref:3129006)   #5
beau1
Veteran

Wales
Swansea,Wales
beau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbeau1 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Really impossible to choose this week!
Button was dominant, Kimi was brave but a little bit of a disappointment given the hype before the race.

Vettel? Hulkenburg?! Massa?!! There were too many good drivers today.
Old 2 Sep 2012, 14:05 (Ref:3129010)   #6
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Grosjean for taking out a quarter of the field.
Old 2 Sep 2012, 14:07 (Ref:3129015)   #7
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Kimi, just for that pass.
Old 2 Sep 2012, 14:08 (Ref:3129016)   #8
jonboy1066
Racer

United Kingdom
'astings
jonboy1066 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Button! Flawless drive and perfect weekend

Perry McCarthy
Old 2 Sep 2012, 14:16 (Ref:3129026)   #9
W.A Trichlorostyrene
Veteran

W.A Trichlorostyrene should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Benson Jutton
Old 2 Sep 2012, 14:18 (Ref:3129029)   #10
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Button for me. Totally dominant.

Vettel gets the special mention for a very good drive.
Old 2 Sep 2012, 14:39 (Ref:3129054)   #11
Spritle
Veteran

Spritle has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
As much as I like Jenson and his flawless drive, I have to give it to Vettel.
Old 2 Sep 2012, 14:39 (Ref:3129056)   #12
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
Raikkonen - That lovely pass, charged hard with a problem car.
Old 2 Sep 2012, 14:57 (Ref:3129064)   #13
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Button was brilliant. No doubt he will garner many votes and rightly so.

I went for Schumacher because he was again so far ahead of his team-mate before the gear problem and was up further than I expected that car to be for most the race.

After a poor first half of the season, Hulkenberg had a good race. Force India always seem to be quick here for some reason.

Vettel had a stormer with some good moves.

Maldonado provided his usual comedy, this time with his extreme jump start and some kind of incident to end it all. If only you could combine his speed with Senna's brain.

Good result getting something from nothing from the STR drivers, although a lot of that is more for the team of the race thread for me.

Bad to see Grosjean not investigated. Inconsistent stewarding there.
Old 2 Sep 2012, 15:18 (Ref:3129078)   #14
QnickFTW
Racer

QnickFTW should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon View Post
Kimi, just for that pass.
It happend the precise moment when Schumi has lost his 6th gear going into Eau Rouge there (and drove without it for the rest of the race) It was also pretty obvious from onboard cams. It looked good, but it really wasnt that amazing. Vettel overtaking Webber TWICE took a bit more skills and balls than that. Also Kimi was hardly the man of the race, losing places to a whole army of Germans (Hulk, Schumi and Vettel)

It has to be Vettel, immaculate race from P10 and quite amazing tire management. (it's a whole different story make a 1 stop work from pole with absolutely nothing happening around you, or making it work from P10, hence it's Vettel over JB for me)
Old 2 Sep 2012, 15:32 (Ref:3129087)   #15
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Well, i expected to vote and be in a minority of 1, but i went for Seb, Champions drive today, it's not like the accident propelled him forward, in fact he went backwards. Had to make his way through the field, not bad for someone who apperently can't overtake !

Kudos to Jenson and Nico Hulk too.
Old 2 Sep 2012, 15:39 (Ref:3129091)   #16
QnickFTW
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
it's not like the accident propelled him forward, in fact he went backwards. .
Thats a really good point, with so many "right time / right place" drives today, Vettel actually moved backwards after the accident (all the way to P12 or even P13?) And did a heluva job avoiding it if you had a look at his start from onboard.
Old 2 Sep 2012, 15:52 (Ref:3129102)   #17
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Vettel, from 11th on the grid and further back after the first corner crash, to 2nd on the podium, pretty impressive stuff.
Old 2 Sep 2012, 15:58 (Ref:3129111)   #18
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Vettel for me. But Button was in a different league this weekend. Solid drives from the STR boys. Good stuff from the 'Hulk'.

Epic fails from both Grosjean and Maldonado.
Old 2 Sep 2012, 15:59 (Ref:3129112)   #19
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Born Racer View Post
Bad to see Grosjean not investigated. Inconsistent stewarding there.
Oh he's punished...
Old 2 Sep 2012, 16:00 (Ref:3129118)   #20
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
Epic fails from both Grosjean and Maldonado.
No surprises there.
Old 2 Sep 2012, 16:06 (Ref:3129127)   #21
Pitstop
Veteran

United Kingdom
Devon, UK
Pitstop should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Button - with special mention for Kimi for 'that pass'!
Old 2 Sep 2012, 16:49 (Ref:3129168)   #22
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Vettel for me but Button was outstanding as well. They were both quick, drove great races (repeat after me: "Vettel does not know how to pass, Vettel does not know how to pass...) AND they both made the one stop strategy work.

That, in fact, may have been the biggest part of their sucess today.

Kudos to Michael on a great drive as well, although not to take anything away from Kimi, was "The Pass" a result of the failure of 6th gear in Michael's gearbox? It just seemed his car hesitated at that moment. Heck of a pass though, no question.
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 2 Sep 2012, 16:52 (Ref:3129170)   #23
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Now that this has been mentioned, it certainly fits, bearing in mind where Kimi actually started the pass from......
Old 2 Sep 2012, 17:04 (Ref:3129178)   #24
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Kimi was certainly on his toes to take advantage, irregardless...
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 2 Sep 2012, 17:28 (Ref:3129192)   #25
QnickFTW
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSSC View Post
although not to take anything away from Kimi, was "The Pass" a result of the failure of 6th gear in Michael's gearbox?
It was. And it was the first time 6th gear failed Michael during the race which was crucial. He finished the race without 6th gear and F1 drivers can drive their way around problems like this, but when it fails you for the first time, of course your car will "hesitate" a bit.

It was more than obvious from the onboard cams too, an opportunist move is all it was. Michael's car failed, Kimi drove around it, Eau Rouge happened to be just there. It looked great, but knowing the circumstances it wasnt really special.

This is where they shift to 6th gear normally.