Caterham 0 0%
Marussia 0 0%
HRT 0 0%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2 Sep 2012, 14:45 (Ref:3129058)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Team of the race- Belgian Grand Prix

Who have you chosen?

I went for STR for salvaging some points from the opportunistic situation and beating a Force India, Mercedes and Williams.

Last edited by Born Racer; 2 Sep 2012 at 15:09.
Old 2 Sep 2012, 15:15 (Ref:3129077)   #2
FastDB2s
Veteran

England
Solihull, West Mids
FastDB2s should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
McLaren, Faultless today - unusually for them ... or was it because Button was in charge of them other than the piststop.
Old 2 Sep 2012, 15:34 (Ref:3129089)   #3
QnickFTW
Racer

QnickFTW should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tough one with 5 different cars in the top5. One could go for Force India or STR but really, it was more of a case of right place right time for them.

I will go with Red Bull, Last year their tire wear was by far the worst among the whole field here (because the angle they tend to use for the fronts) so being able to come up with a set-up that allowed Vettel doing a 1stop from P10 is quite something. Plus they obviously gave a reasonable enough car for Webbo too (he is just not as good a driver as Vettel is but thats hardly the most shocking news of the weekednd )
Old 2 Sep 2012, 15:59 (Ref:3129114)   #4
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
STR. Both cars in the points and racing well.
Old 2 Sep 2012, 16:00 (Ref:3129115)   #5
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Red Bull, 2nd and 6th.
Old 2 Sep 2012, 16:20 (Ref:3129145)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think I'll go STR. In the points and giving far more exalted company a hard time.
Old 2 Sep 2012, 19:37 (Ref:3129282)   #7
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Really tough one to call. I think I'll go for Red Bull for getting both cars in the points(plus one from 11th to the podium).
Old 2 Sep 2012, 20:01 (Ref:3129315)   #8
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
gave it to mclaren as button was untouchable and who knows how hamilton could have gone given a chance
Old 3 Sep 2012, 02:53 (Ref:3129551)   #9
IceMan_PJN
Racer

United States
Ohio
IceMan_PJN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I feel that Button's car shown what we could have seen from Hamilton had they run the same parts and properly setup the car... and had RoGro not taken him out..., but unfortunately Hamilton's car wasn't configured as nicely so it's hard for me to vote for McLaren, even with them being my team. Had Lewis's car been more like Jenson's, I'd have no problem voting for them.
Old 3 Sep 2012, 03:35 (Ref:3129563)   #10
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Lotus was the most impressive. For the best overtake of the race and for the worst crash.
Old 3 Sep 2012, 12:11 (Ref:3129825)   #11
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceMan_PJN View Post
Had Lewis's car been more like Jenson's, I'd have no problem voting for them.
It was exactly the same, it was a McLaren.

Apparently, Hamilton accepted his engineers decision to go for that set up, knowing that another setup was available.
Old 3 Sep 2012, 22:19 (Ref:3130220)   #12
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I thought I'd throw in a curved ball and vote for Sauber. OK, it's more for TOTQ than TOTR, but the poor guys need a little encouragement after having their dreams so rudely smashed.
Old 3 Sep 2012, 22:30 (Ref:3130226)   #13
QnickFTW
Racer

QnickFTW should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
I thought I'd throw in a curved ball and vote for Sauber. OK, it's more for TOTQ than TOTR, but the poor guys need a little encouragement after having their dreams so rudely smashed.
Im sure they'll be happy to read this
Old 3 Sep 2012, 22:34 (Ref:3130228)   #14
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marbot View Post
It was exactly the same, it was a McLaren.

Apparently, Hamilton accepted his engineers decision to go for that set up, knowing that another setup was available.
Wasn't the decision partly due to using or not using the modified rear wing?
Old 5 Sep 2012, 04:18 (Ref:3131004)   #15
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Red Bull, points are points.
Old 5 Sep 2012, 06:24 (Ref:3131038)   #16
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Wasn't the decision partly due to using or not using the modified rear wing?
Lewis was integral in deciding not to use that wing.
Old 5 Sep 2012, 11:23 (Ref:3131197)   #17
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil22 View Post
Red Bull, points are points.
But this thread is not jut about points, if it ws we could all vote for the team with the most and the thread would be pointless.
Old 5 Sep 2012, 18:58 (Ref:3131515)   #18
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
But if that's how you see it (I don't), that's up to you.....