Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 27 Jan 2005, 08:31 (Ref:1210967)   #76
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM
Yes. I was lucky to be in the grandstands that day ; I confirm this race was interesting during the whole 4 hours. And overtaking cars on this circuit is not easy.
Crumbs Pascal! I didn't realise you were old enough to have been in the stands in 1949..........
Old 27 Jan 2005, 14:29 (Ref:1211224)   #77
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gi_gav
It doesn't stack up as one of the legendary drives, but I thought Gunnar Jeanette's effort in the Panoz at LM 2003 was a bit special.

Quick and consistent for the whole race, but was simply brilliant in holding off Gounon's Courage (with Lammers also closing) well into the last half hour of the race.

Impressive in that he was absolutely fair, never viciously blocking, and just placing the big Panoz perfectly under a hell of a lot of pressure.

Surely great as a coming-of-age type of drive.
Absolutely, gg - and it was terrrific TV too.

Chris Dyson at Portland this year had a similar drive, with JJ right there, too.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 28 Jan 2005, 10:37 (Ref:1211884)   #78
Bentley Beermon
Racer

England
Sheffield
Bentley Beermon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What about last year the Number 8 Audi performed well considering they lost there 1st driver
Old 28 Jan 2005, 12:48 (Ref:1211991)   #79
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Yes, Biela and Kaffer did a sterling job to drag the Audi so far up the grid between them.
Old 3 Feb 2005, 13:18 (Ref:1216475)   #80
krt917
Veteran

krt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkrt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by krt917
I'd have to check, but I think that Derek was pretty much on JJs pace in the wet and was pretty proud of that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi
Well I'm a Dinger fan through and through, but I think that's wishful thinking, to be honest.......My recollection is that Wallace was clearly the quickest driver in that car.
Right, I've finally found the piece I was looking for - it was Autosport's '95 report. Bell matched Lehto's pace in the dry on sunday without 'driving on the limit'. So, pretty impressive, but not the same as matching JJ in the wet! Apologies for that one.

Another great solo effort at Le Mans would have to be Sommer's '32 win - 21 hours. He, according to the Le Mans timings, also set the fastest lap the following year, when his co-driver was a certain Tazio Nuvolari.
Old 8 Jun 2005, 13:59 (Ref:1323213)   #81
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Is there someone reminding these event ?

Old 8 Jun 2005, 16:39 (Ref:1323319)   #82
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab

[pic]
Jo Siffert and Pedro Rodriguez battle into Eau Rouge at the start of the Spa 1000 kms, Spa-Francorchamps (1970).
Source: http://www.totalposter.com/zoom.jsp?...=7&p=5430&i=63

Another photo: http://www.totalposter.com/zoom.jsp?...=2&p=5740&i=17
Old 8 Jun 2005, 18:26 (Ref:1323380)   #83
brielga
Veteran

Uruguay
Bloemendaal, Netherlands
brielga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE
Jo Siffert and Pedro Rodriguez battle into Eau Rouge at the start of the Spa 1000 kms, Spa-Francorchamps (1970).
BTW this is to be seen in th Gulf Wyer video mentioned in another thread, in-cro-ya-ble.......

No wonder Seppi said Pedro was a great guy outside the track and a complete (talented) madman on it!!!
Old 8 Jun 2005, 21:41 (Ref:1323518)   #84
429CJ
Veteran

Finland
Otaku World
429CJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab
I was just 22 days old, so I can't say I remember anything from back there.

But. I must say there's some serious battle between the team-mates on the START of the 1000 km race.
Some search from the net reveals it only lasted 44 laps for the 25 (Rodriguez/Kinnunen) Porsche, 24 (Siffert/Redman) taking the victory in the end.
And, of course, the sad note: the first drivers on both of those cars were killed on racing accidents following year.

-Jamie Hyneman
Old 9 Jun 2005, 00:06 (Ref:1323581)   #85
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
At the risk of hijacking this thread...

... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 9 Jun 2005, 03:25 (Ref:1323636)   #86
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Spot on, Fire !

Another nice pic, Paul ! (Hijacked ? I think it's really this is the topic allright !)

Still some regrets when you see those pics... good ol' times ?

The Audis battles last year in ALMS, the Dyson/Audi/Zytek this year, are not that different... or am I biased ?
Old 9 Jun 2005, 09:30 (Ref:1323786)   #87
Karl Kling
Racer

Sweden
Sweden
Karl Kling should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab
The Audis battles last year in ALMS, the Dyson/Audi/Zytek this year, are not that different... or am I biased ?
Last years Le Mans wasn't bad either.
Old 9 Jun 2005, 16:54 (Ref:1324075)   #88
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab
Spot on, Fire !
I was lucky to recognise the photo because I had visited www.totalposter.com last week.
Old 9 Jun 2005, 23:14 (Ref:1324423)   #89
PRF
Racer

PRF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Suprised no one has mentioned it as yet. What of the Lammers/Dumfries/Wallace Jaguar of 1988 battling with the Shell sponsored Porsche 962 of Bell/Stuck/Ludwig. Ludwig takes the car beyond the edge, meaning fuel stop, cranks it back on the starter motor. The Jag is flying and leads by a considerable distance. However, the last section of the race and it starts to rain. Lammers is in the Jag and the 'reinmeister' Stucky is in the Porsche. The Porsche closes but not enough and Lammers holds the Porsche at bay to an elated crowd. Close stuff indeed and most memorable.

Le Mans 1988.
Old 10 Jun 2005, 01:28 (Ref:1324465)   #90
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
Not to mention, PRF, Lammers only had fourth gear!

-Bill James
Old 10 Jun 2005, 23:44 (Ref:1325165)   #91
Bob Riebe
Veteran

Bob Riebe User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
1. Warren Agor at the 1974 Road AMercia Trans-AM making up 15 seconds in five laps on Peter Gregg.
2. Milt Minter, beating George Follmer, in privateer Camaro, at Donnybrooke in 1970 Trans-Am .

Bob