Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides MotorsportAds MotorsTV (Sky 447)  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 16 Aug 2013, 10:14 (Ref:3290637)   #16
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by DS" View Post
Signing a contract with Dallara for THAT LONG, despite most of the teams not wanting Dallara clearly shows that he really had no business in auto racing, let alone IndyCar. He should have stuck to bull riding.
Dallara were the only one's willing to do a car for the required 'price' at the time, and were willing to allow the cars to be reskinned with the body & aerokits.

While other chassis manufacturers were talked too, none were interested in 'competition' for that price.

Doesn't sound like Randy had much of a choice.... no one before him was even looking into replacing the 2003-model car before him anyway.
Old 16 Aug 2013, 11:29 (Ref:3290668)   #17
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
Veteran

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by one five five View Post
Dallara were the only one's willing to do a car for the required 'price' at the time, and were willing to allow the cars to be reskinned with the body & aerokits.

While other chassis manufacturers were talked too, none were interested in 'competition' for that price.

Doesn't sound like Randy had much of a choice.... no one before him was even looking into replacing the 2003-model car before him anyway.
That's not entirely true. Lola originally came up with the concept of aero-kits as well as a universal tub, that could be used for IndyCar and Indy Lights, thus saving Indy Lights teams having to fork out for a new one, if they wanted to race in the IndyCar Series itself.
Old 17 Aug 2013, 03:36 (Ref:3290873)   #18
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Did Lola hit the price cap though? Lola was also a spec car so wouldn't have changed anything from the current situation.

Someone said here that the teams didn't want Dallara but Randy overruled? The rules allow for variety of aero kits for visual differences, however the teams knocked this back due to costs.

So at what point do the teams have accountability?
Old 17 Aug 2013, 15:10 (Ref:3291011)   #19
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.R.T. View Post
Someone said here that the teams didn't want Dallara but Randy overruled?
The kicker was Dallara building their facility in Speedway. That's what won the deal for them.
Old 17 Aug 2013, 15:51 (Ref:3291019)   #20
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
The kicker was Dallara building their facility in Speedway. That's what won the deal for them.
Which has done just about nothing. A coffee shop and some people opening boxes from Italy.
Old 17 Aug 2013, 15:56 (Ref:3291020)   #21
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
Which has done just about nothing. A coffee shop and some people opening boxes from Italy.
True dat. I got an email from the series this week hawking their new Nike polo shirts. I guess the writing is on the wall with regards to Izod.
Old 17 Aug 2013, 18:23 (Ref:3291053)   #22
DS"
Veteran

Germany
Germany
DS" should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
True dat. I got an email from the series this week hawking their new Nike polo shirts. I guess the writing is on the wall with regards to Izod.
Now that'd be interesting, if Nike became IndyCar's new sponsor. But I doubt that a company like Nike wants to spend money on IndyCar racing, when they reach many more people with football sponsorship. I also prefer Adidas .
Old 17 Aug 2013, 18:37 (Ref:3291055)   #23
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
Veteran

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Now that'd be interesting, if Nike became IndyCar's new sponsor. But I doubt that a company like Nike wants to spend money on IndyCar racing, when they reach many more people with football sponsorship. I also prefer Adidas .
When you say football do you mean football as in NFL or as in Soccer?
Old 17 Aug 2013, 18:44 (Ref:3291057)   #24
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The Dallara 'factory' is a joke whose only real American job creation has been a coffee shop that is the main attraction in it.
Old 17 Aug 2013, 18:51 (Ref:3291059)   #25
Peat
Veteran

United Kingdom
Dahn Sahf
Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!Peat has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Nike won't be a title sponsor, just a clothing partner.

Did i hear right that Verizon were considering title sponsorship?
Old 17 Aug 2013, 19:15 (Ref:3291070)   #26
FordCosworthPanoz
Veteran

Bermuda
Flatts Village
FordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFordCosworthPanoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Those 0.1 ratings should make Verizon excited.
Old 17 Aug 2013, 19:25 (Ref:3291074)   #27
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
Veteran

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordCosworthPanoz View Post
The Dallara 'factory' is a joke whose only real American job creation has been a coffee shop that is the main attraction in it.
When Lola revealed their IndyCar concept, it also included an assembly facility in the USA.

http://www.lola-group.com/newsstory.asp?NewsId=190

The last paragraph has a quote from Martin Birrane.

“For Lola it is imperative that fans enjoy the cars and a great racing spectacle at trackside and on TV.”

The DW12 has produced some good racing compared with its predecessor but TV ratings are down and the car is aesthetically unpleasing.
Old 17 Aug 2013, 19:49 (Ref:3291082)   #28
DS"
Veteran

Germany
Germany
DS" should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
When you say football do you mean football as in NFL or as in Soccer?
Look at my flag.
Old 17 Aug 2013, 19:57 (Ref:3291086)   #29
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
Veteran

United States
London, England
Quote:
Look at my flag.
I did. The reason I asked is that Nike are already involved with the NFL.
Old 18 Aug 2013, 00:17 (Ref:3291140)   #30
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Which is fine, I guess my point is why aren't we making teams accountable for this current situation as well in regards to the aero kits?

Dallara or Lola wouldnt prevent us from being where we are today