Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides MotorsportAds MotorsTV (Sky 447)  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 23 Mar 2017, 13:59 (Ref:3720921)   #1
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
2018 IndyCar Series schedule

Let's open the 2018 IndyCar Series schedule silly thread.

o- New Hampshire will lose a Nascar Cup race. Will IndyCar try to return?
o- Of the other available ovals, how about Kentucky and Richmond?
o- Austin, Laguna Seca, Road Atlanta, Virginia?
o- Will any new city attempt to get a street race? Will IndyCar take the risk of another Qingado / Boston failure?
o- Mexico City? South America? Australia? Kyalami?
Old 23 Mar 2017, 20:01 (Ref:3720988)   #2
RWill2073
Racer

RWill2073 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRWill2073 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've wished they'd go to road Atlanta for years.
Old 23 Mar 2017, 22:07 (Ref:3721011)   #3
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
I've wished they'd go to road Atlanta for years.
Me too, kinda sorta. Check last year's schedule thread and you'd find more than you desire on the subject Some of us think the track itself is not suitable for IndyCar and while I'd like it because I could travel 40 mins to an IndyCar race, the changes that need to happen will kinda ruin the viewing for other races.

Barber is the current Southeast market holder anyways and until that changes....
Old 24 Mar 2017, 13:33 (Ref:3721191)   #4
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNaBUru38 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
If LMP1 raced there, IndyCar can too.
Old 24 Mar 2017, 13:40 (Ref:3721194)   #5
HighParker
Rookie

Canada
Toronto
HighParker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Will any new city attempt to get a street race?
New street races are unlikely. They've become impractical propositions because of the high cost of setting them up, and presumably the Boston debacle has not encouraged others to consider the idea. The last mention I saw of Green Savoree looking into the viability of one in Calgary was 16 months ago, so I assume they probably concluded it was not viable. IndyCar will be fortunate if they can keep all of the present ones. We may find out some time this year if the City of Toronto has any interest in repaving the track and renewing its contract with Green Savoree for the event to continue.

Last edited by HighParker; 24 Mar 2017 at 14:02.
Old 24 Mar 2017, 22:50 (Ref:3721291)   #6
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famefieldodreams79 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Not necessarily. I disagreed last year and still do and so did Max Papis when we asked him about this specifically 10 years ago.
Old 25 Mar 2017, 18:26 (Ref:3721468)   #7
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbroadrun96 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbroadrun96 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridbroadrun96 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
By FIA rules and guidelines, yes they probably could. By actual interest in the teams and desire, prob not a chance. It never pops up on any business plans, and most industry thoughts are more ovals over another road course. I'd love to see them at Road Atlanta but the changes I'm guessing they would require are beyond what Road Atlanta will spend and could change the track for fans.

Richmond and Loudon prob have the best shot at a return to the schedule although it will take a lot of work. The teams seem to be fighting expansion at every step so more likely to see races swap weekends than added events unless they get the teams to agree to Kansas or Richmond night race to end the season. Seems like more teams and officials are building desire to end the season on an oval Saturday night event, sadly with the double points retained.
Old 27 Mar 2017, 15:29 (Ref:3721891)   #8
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Seems like more teams and officials are building desire to end the season on an oval Saturday night event, sadly with the double points retained.
That screams of Richmond, Kentucky or Texas.
Old 31 Mar 2017, 13:36 (Ref:3722797)   #9
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
Veteran

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!
This season started on March 12 and finishes on September 17. There's a gap of nearly a month between the season opener and the next race at Long Beach, April 9. I personally think that's too long to wait, plus with the season ending mid September, that's a 6 month off season. At least two more venues are needed for next year.
Old 31 Mar 2017, 15:10 (Ref:3722809)   #10
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
I would add Mexico in early March, New Hampshire in August and Kentucky in September.
Old 2 Apr 2017, 09:59 (Ref:3723232)   #11
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would add Adelaide (Australia) in March, Sparta/Kentucky in September as the season finale and Milwaukee somewhere in between. I would like to add Montreal as well but the track doesn't seem to have an opening in their schedule.
Old 2 Apr 2017, 16:01 (Ref:3723303)   #12
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
Veteran

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!bjohnsonsmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yannick View Post
I would add Adelaide (Australia) in March, Sparta/Kentucky in September as the season finale and Milwaukee somewhere in between. I would like to add Montreal as well but the track doesn't seem to have an opening in their schedule.
Adelaide, I thought Surfers would be more likely?
Old 2 Apr 2017, 21:27 (Ref:3723366)   #13
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Adelaide, I thought Surfers would be more likely?

I picked Adelaide based on the fact it's V8-Supercar round is held in March whilst the Surfers race is still way past the beginning of the NFL season. Also, the track at Surfers is permanently shortened by the monorail tram that's been built on a part of the track at some time since IndyCar went there last time around. So how could an incomplete track be more likely? At Adelaide, they could easily switch back to the F1 layout.
Old 2 Apr 2017, 23:00 (Ref:3723374)   #14
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
Veteran

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yannick View Post
I picked Adelaide based on the fact it's V8-Supercar round is held in March whilst the Surfers race is still way past the beginning of the NFL season. Also, the track at Surfers is permanently shortened by the monorail tram that's been built on a part of the track at some time since IndyCar went there last time around. So how could an incomplete track be more likely? At Adelaide, they could easily switch back to the F1 layout.
I don't see why a shortened track and the NFL should make any difference? I follow the NFL but that never stopped me watching a CART race in October and it would reduce the current six month off season.

If Adelaide were included, it would be the season opener instead of St. Pete's by a week but that doesn't address the problem of the month long gap, between the opening round and the second round.
Old 2 Apr 2017, 23:32 (Ref:3723381)   #15
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
NFL of late sometimes keeps me from watching live but never totally. I get the desire to not want to compete with it but I don't understand completely bending everything for it in what seems to be some fear of it.