Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 23 Jan 2016, 20:28 (Ref:3607443)   #1
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Donington CSCC

CSCC event
Old 28 Aug 2016, 10:38 (Ref:3667998)   #2
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just under a week from now.

So who's there?
Old 28 Aug 2016, 19:59 (Ref:3668211)   #3
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good grids throughout.

I'm in the Future Classics race in my 944 Turbo.
Old 28 Aug 2016, 22:31 (Ref:3668256)   #4
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
Good grids throughout.

Good car

Hoping to get down to spectate......
Old 29 Aug 2016, 05:58 (Ref:3668328)   #5
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm entered in the two Jaguar races, which I might share with my son Daniel, as we are also having a Dads v Lads Challenge with Kevin & Patrick Doyle in the open race on Saturday - should be fun!
Old 29 Aug 2016, 14:50 (Ref:3668409)   #6
David Stallard
Racer

United Kingdom
Basildon, Essex, UK
David Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDavid Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDavid Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Looking forward it, grids look good so should be another great weekend.

.DAVID.

You can sleep in a car BUT you can't race a house!!!
Old 29 Aug 2016, 17:45 (Ref:3668444)   #7
Heightswitch
Racer

England
Oop Norf
Heightswitch should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHeightswitch should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

NO!

See you's next year..
Old 29 Aug 2016, 23:31 (Ref:3668513)   #8
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
Good grids throughout.

Are entry lists available online please?
Old 30 Aug 2016, 18:09 (Ref:3668661)   #9
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
CSCC don't usually issue entry lists online.....
Old 30 Aug 2016, 20:15 (Ref:3668674)   #10
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
CSCC don't usually issue entry lists online.....
I know but Andy got info from somewhere 'Good grids throughout.'
Old 30 Aug 2016, 20:56 (Ref:3668681)   #11
DaveGT6
Veteran

England
Langford, Beds.
DaveGT6 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hopefully I've attached a pdf of the entry list
Old 30 Aug 2016, 20:57 (Ref:3668682)   #12
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
I know but Andy got info from somewhere 'Good grids throughout.'
David, I have forwarded an entry list to you. No idea how to post it on here from an email attachment.
Old 31 Aug 2016, 00:09 (Ref:3668703)   #13
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
thanks both :-)
Old 5 Sep 2016, 15:10 (Ref:3670298)   #14
David Stallard
Racer

United Kingdom
Basildon, Essex, UK
David Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDavid Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDavid Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Interesting weather at Donington Park at the weekend. Camera coped with everything thrown at it without missing a beat! which is more than can be said for my waterproofs - which aren't anymore lol

Started off okay:

then got a little damp:

it then got very wet:

then it dried out into day two

thanks for looking

.DAVID.

You can sleep in a car BUT you can't race a house!!!
Old 5 Sep 2016, 18:03 (Ref:3670324)   #15
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great photos as usual David, rather you than me out in that rain!

Had a good weekend, shared my XJS with no 1 son Daniel in the double header, so had to do 3 laps each in the very wet single qualifying session, which placed us 20th for race one.

I stared 20th and worked my way up to 9th, which got me joint driver of the day award.

I then shared my friends XJ12 Coupe with him in the open race against his son and mine in my XJS in a 'Dads v Lads' bit of fun, which was great and I'm pleased to say the Dad's won!

Daniel then started last in the Sunday race, as he hadn't raced on Saturday - he made up a few places and then came in to pits with an unusual noise, so he lost a lap and went back out to finish the race and had a couple of good dices, so a good steady return to racing after a long absence.

Also had a good catch up with Grant, who was braving the elements in his all weather gear.
Old 5 Sep 2016, 18:47 (Ref:3670331)   #16
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Ryan View Post
Great photos as usual David, rather you than me out in that rain!

Had a good weekend, shared my XJS with no 1 son Daniel in the double header, so had to do 3 laps each in the very wet single qualifying session, which placed us 20th for race one.

I stared 20th and worked my way up to 9th, which got me joint driver of the day award.

I then shared my friends XJ12 Coupe with him in the open race against his son and mine in my XJS in a 'Dads v Lads' bit of fun, which was great and I'm pleased to say the Dad's won!

Daniel then started last in the Sunday race, as he hadn't raced on Saturday - he made up a few places and then came in to pits with an unusual noise, so he lost a lap and went back out to finish the race and had a couple of good dices, so a good steady return to racing after a long absence.

Also had a good catch up with Grant, who was braving the elements in his all weather gear.

Hi Cliff,

Good to meet up on Saturday.

Shame about Sunday - as I had not planned to be there on Sunday I had not advised people (family) that I would not be available, so I was co-opted into things that didn't fit the timetable. Bummer.

The weather certainly made thing interesting in Saturday.

On Sunday it looks like infringements of one sort or another added to the fun.

Excitement started early on Saturday. Qualifying - possibly out lap:
Attached Thumbnails
1024pxMaxQ_CSCC_Donington_2016-09-03_ONED4977.jpg   1024pxMaxQ_CSCC_Donington_2016-09-03_ONED4978.jpg   1024pxMaxQ_CSCC_Donington_2016-09-03_ONED4979.jpg  

1024pxMaxQ_CSCC_Donington_2016-09-03_ONED4980.jpg   1024pxMaxQ_CSCC_Donington_2016-09-03_ONED4981.jpg   1024pxMaxQ_CSCC_Donington_2016-09-03_ONED4982.jpg