Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 12 Apr 2003, 23:10 (Ref:567709)   #1
bosch!
Veteran

New Zealand-Maori
GodZone
bosch! should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What will this win mean to Jordan?

EJ is underfunded we all know that, but he still managed to get one over the big boys in Brazil. This will probably put the price of a sticker on an EJ 14 up a bit, the CCTV deal would have done that anyway. B&H got a genuine bargin this year as their brand now goes before 50 million chinese every fortnight. He's definatly going to survive now, if there was any doubt, but will it mean any more cash or development this year?

Also I imagine that there is development potential left in the CR4 / RS1 unit but no one is sure if Ford are actually going to bank roll it, will they be getting any updates through the year. Can Jordan expect more Ford support? And if they get more Ford support where does this leave Jaguar, who probably can not believe that EJ is doing to them what he did to BAR!

Jaguar are improving but EJ has kicked the stool out from under them, they have to win this year and when the 2003-GA and MP4-18 appear that may not be easy!

EJ, you got to love him the sport wouldn't be the same if he sold up.

Last edited by bosch!; 12 Apr 2003 at 23:12.
Old 12 Apr 2003, 23:23 (Ref:567716)   #2
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What will this mean for Jordan?
10 points and alotta prizemoney!
Old 13 Apr 2003, 00:20 (Ref:567742)   #3
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
$'$$$'$$$.....
Old 13 Apr 2003, 00:24 (Ref:567745)   #4
Mark Webber
Veteran

Australia
Australia
Mark Webber has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
yes but bakwards is still the direction I class Brazil as a fluke win nothing more I'am happy for them but you have to keep it real
Old 13 Apr 2003, 01:37 (Ref:567781)   #5
codename_47
Veteran

United Kingdom
Coventry/Birmingham
codename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcodename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Mark Webber
yes but bakwards is still the direction I class Brazil as a fluke win nothing more I'am happy for them but you have to keep it real
Maybe, maybe not.

They "fluked" as you put it, into a win at Spa 98 too, and it seemed to set the big snowball rolling for the J's to have a very compettitve 99, winning races on merit!

It could happen again.......maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow.....etc
Old 13 Apr 2003, 01:40 (Ref:567785)   #6
Snrub
Veteran

Canada
London, Ontario, Canada
Snrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnrub should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Fisi won the race more than Jordan. A nice change. They may see a bit more money, but I wouldn't hold by breath for big changes. Realistically for should give Jordan the CR-5, but that'll never happen.

Last edited by Snrub; 13 Apr 2003 at 01:41.
Old 13 Apr 2003, 01:50 (Ref:567791)   #7
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I just hope this win secures more sponsorship while will ensure Jordan's future for the near future at least.
Old 13 Apr 2003, 02:57 (Ref:567807)   #8
jetsetter
Veteran

Australia
Ipswich Qld Australia
jetsetter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Apart from the prizemoney the victory brings there is a chance it could bring some big sponsorship deals & the like but what the guys at Jordan have got to do is back it up with good results in the next few G.P.'s or people will forget about them pretty quickly.
Old 13 Apr 2003, 07:40 (Ref:567889)   #9
Kex
Veteran

England
The Palace of Dreams
Kex should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This victory shows that the little guys can still beat the big guys. They might need adverse weather conditions but they still beat them.
Old 13 Apr 2003, 08:02 (Ref:567903)   #10
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It means EJ is now safe for this season, no doubt about it. And with money coming in from China, prizemoney from the Brazilian GP, and more potential dollars, I see no reason why Jordan can't emualte Sauber and tag onto the back of the front runners from time to time.

EJ is back. Now lets see Minardi win at Imola, to solve their problems
Old 13 Apr 2003, 11:14 (Ref:568030)   #11
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's a massive moment, as long as they can get some positive results in the rest of the season. Just the prize money will secure them for this season, and of course the 10 extra points will mvoe them up the constructors champion ship, meaning more prize money in the future.

Its also a kick in the teeth for Jaguar, and the Ford top brass will be considering whether their investment is sensible. Arrows threatened to overshadow them last year, imagien what a merged Arrows Ford team with Rinland designing, for Irvine and Frentzen, with works spec Ford engines, could've done....

Jordan are the stronger team overall, despite a lack of moeny they have built the much better car, again. Don't forget that Fisichella has outqualified 5 of the 6 Jaguar efforts, and Webber in Brazil had an element of luck and timing (not that Fisichella's win didn't), and Jrodan haven't had anything like as much reliability trrouble - they've even manage to deisgn a fuel system that's capable fo using ALL the fuel, unlike Jaguar.
Old 13 Apr 2003, 11:29 (Ref:568043)   #12
Maxmil
Veteran

United States
New England, USA
Maxmil should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In the first place, flukes can be important, and in a sport like F1, timing is everything. Eddie J. is one man who will know how to capitalize on this piece of good fortune.

I continue to believe that the long range impact of Jordan's victory will be significant, and adverse, for Jaguar. If I were a director of The Great Ford Motor Company, I would be just full of questions about the relative efficiency of promoting my products via the House Team or the Customer Team. The House Team has done zip despite a bazzilion dollars of investment. The cash starved Customer Team is ready and quick to capitalize on some wet weather, and, with an assist from the stewards, bring home a prise and provide an opportunity for Ford Europe to really toot their horn.
Old 13 Apr 2003, 12:00 (Ref:568068)   #13
bosch!
Veteran

New Zealand-Maori
GodZone
The thing is that Jordan prove again and again that they are the better engineers and for that they generaly get written off as a team of Irish jokers, not serious about the sport.

They had a bad car last year but still beat Jag and BAR, this year Durand has produced a compact racing car that given say an extra 30bhp could be dangerous to the established order. Id imagine that the CR5 produces about an extra 30hp, BMW lots more than that.

Its all very well to say that they've fluked the win but in this life you make your own luck. good decisions like the retaining of a genuinely quick, supremly professional and pretty expensive! driver like fisi, team spirt and fighting attitude is the luck you make for yourself.

The rule changes AND paradoxically rule stability (in design parameters) have leveled the field but thats what they were designed to do, it only needs for Ford to back him, sorry Jag fans but I think your time is up. Who believes tht EJ hasnt fielded a congratulatory phone call from the big men at the blue oval? Question: what was the last team outside of the top 3 to win a GP before Brazil?

Yep it was Stewart Ford, whatever happened to them they had potential.

Last edited by bosch!; 13 Apr 2003 at 12:05.
Old 13 Apr 2003, 21:34 (Ref:568514)   #14
bosch!
Veteran

New Zealand-Maori
GodZone
Do yah think EJ has a message for Ford & Jaguar. He wouldnt run with that in Imola would he
Old 13 Apr 2003, 23:30 (Ref:568587)   #15
kristof14
Veteran

kristof14 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would guess that a fair amount of the prize money will go to repairing the 2 cars though? One with a mangled front end and another a burnt out shell?
Old 14 Apr 2003, 01:25 (Ref:568651)   #16
Thorstone
Veteran

Thorstone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hangover last friday
Old 14 Apr 2003, 16:16 (Ref:569165)   #17
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It really looks bad for Jag. I have always liked the Jordan team. Its a shame Honda and them did not team up instead of BAR. With enough money any team can come good but Jordan is a team to me that embodies the whole idea of motor racing. Its not big budget, its going out and doing what you love to do.
Old 14 Apr 2003, 16:21 (Ref:569167)   #18
MichaelH
Veteran

Ukraine
Northumberland, England
MichaelH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It wasn't a great fluke...Fisi has always looked brilliant, especially in the wet, and he did qualify 8th.

But this win means everything to Jordan, and I think probably to Formula One in general. Just say this to yourself-"Giancarlo Fisichella, winner of the 2003 Brazilian GP in the Jordan Ford"-sounds good dunnit?
Old 14 Apr 2003, 20:56 (Ref:569446)   #19
avsfan733
Veteran

avsfan733 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
...A lot less than it would if they had stood on top of the podium on sunday
Old 15 Apr 2003, 18:00 (Ref:570324)   #20
Vw gti 16v
Racer

Vw gti 16v should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
its good that he has won because he didnt even have the money for the neigne at the start of the season this will probably get him quite close to it