Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One > Predictions Contest & Fun

Old 25 Jun 2012, 19:54 (Ref:3097989)   #1
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
2012 Fantasy F1 Round up after 8 Races

As the Fantasy competition has reached the 2 fifths point or 8 races gone if you prefer, it’s time to take another look at the fantasy scoring so far.

Of the 8 rounds there have been 7 individual round winners

Australia: TS Racing Malaysia: Bad Boy Racing
China: Born Racer’s Born Racers Bahrain: Blue Hawk Racing.
Spain: Duke Grand Prix Engineering Monaco: Rolling Chicane Racing
Europe: BC Prehistoric Racing

The Canadian round win was shared by 2 previous Round winners: Bad Boy Racing & Born Racer’s Born Racers.

The Full Table can be seen Here

Winning an individual round still doesn’t seem to reflect in the overall, at the first round up after Race 4, the highest placed round winner Bad Boy Racing was only 6th. Now after 8 races the Highest Placed round Winner is Duke Grand Prix Engineering in 5th overall.

Below is a table showing the average finishing position amongst the Entrants to the fantasy competition so far. Moral Victors holds the lead from Redneck Racing and Team AWB. Rolling Chicane and Duke Grand Prix Engineering share 5th place and are the highest of the Round winners.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Average Round positions.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	296.6 KB
ID:	37495
It has to be noted that Craggles Racing and Scuderia Elettrica team’s averages are based on fewer entries.

I’ll add in a real world table at this point showing the average qualifying position of the drivers. Surprisingly and despite having only 1 pole to his Name, Rosberg leads from Vettel. Hamilton despite a 24th place grid after Penalty is still in 3rd place.

Name:	Real World Qually Averages.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	339.2 KB
ID:	37496

Moving back to the fantasy again and the Drivers and their points totals so far. Unlike the real world championship, the fantasy awards and penalises from starting to finishing positions, it also penalises for failing to Qualify, and new for this year there isn’t just a pole bonus but also points for reaching Q3 and Q2.

The first table shows the Qualifying bonuses so far, together with grip drop judgements. Whilst the second shows how well your drivers are performing overall, remember you are allowed one free driver substitution per season, as long as your team stays within the financial limit. Goblin Target Racing is still the only team to use its Freebie to replace de la Rosa with Glock.

Name:	Qually Bonus Points after 8 .jpg
Size:	371.3 KB
ID:	37497 Click image for larger version

Name:	Driver Totals After 8.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	284.4 KB
ID:	37498

On to the Constructors and this season the teams also have new penalties and bonuses to contend with. The table below shows how the Constructors are getting on.

Name:	Constructors after 8.jpg
Size:	130.4 KB
ID:	37499

Lastly the Engine suppliers, with their new rules this year. They are being measured in cars from 2 different constructors. I think the rule change has evened think up quite a bit, though with so many different winners its very difficult to tell.

Name:	Engines after 8.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	60.8 KB
ID:	37500

The next round up will probably be after round 12, though the tables are updated after every round. If you’re thinking of a driver substitution and would like an update on the drivers table let me know.

Last edited by ScotsBrutesFan; 25 Jun 2012 at 19:54. Reason: Can you believe it... all of that and 1 typo !!
Old 26 Jun 2012, 07:15 (Ref:3098225)   #2
Notso Swift
Veteran

United Nations
37deg 46'52.36" S 144deg 59' 01.83"E
Notso Swift should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The sky is about to fall in, I won a round... no such luck with predictions
Old 26 Jun 2012, 16:43 (Ref:3098503)   #3
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
seriously awesome work with all the tables. thank you again for all the time you are putting in for this!