Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 11 Jan 2016, 14:11 (Ref:3603716)   #1
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
2016 NASCAR Sprint Cup Season

Who cares?!
Old 12 Jan 2016, 10:02 (Ref:3603987)   #2
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Petty dumps the #9 and brings back the #44...
Old 12 Jan 2016, 12:59 (Ref:3604008)   #3
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
Petty dumps the #9 and brings back the #44...
Now that is interesting. And I know what canamman wants!
Old 12 Jan 2016, 21:37 (Ref:3604185)   #4
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Now that is interesting. And I know what canamman wants!
It would be great for the sport. I think Hendrick should at least buy the rights
to the #9 and throw it on the shelf for another day. Got a feeling Hendrick
is not ready to mothball the #24. One step at a time with this transition.
I bet Chase could care less.

I am going to wait for cars to get on the track before I post much on this
thread, even though the incredible intro is enticing!
Old 12 Jan 2016, 23:30 (Ref:3604218)   #5
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post
It would be great for the sport. I think Hendrick should at least buy the rights

Yeah I'm done with the championship and the series. I'll try to follow Chase and watch the races I want to. It would be very cool to see #9 with an Elliott in it but I think it's just as neat the kid steps into the #24. Big shoes rarely get filled. We'll see.
Old 13 Jan 2016, 01:14 (Ref:3604230)   #6
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Will having #44 on the car *really* make a difference to its racing performance?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 13 Jan 2016, 03:11 (Ref:3604246)   #7
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Will having #44 on the car *really* make a difference to its racing performance?
No, but putting "Hot Wheels" on the side of it just might:

Old 15 Jan 2016, 23:58 (Ref:3605246)   #8
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
R.Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hello everyone. Well today, we are at 37 days until the Daytona 500, which means that Speedweeks is just around the corner. I always consider the end of the college football season to be the doldrums of sports, but fortunately, it seems that this year, college season was a little longer and that they are seem to be extending the pro season (I really don't care that much for the pro game, but I'll watch it, just so I will have something to watch) a little as well. So the doldrums (the gap between football season's end and racing season's beginning) is a little narrower this year.

Some moves over the off season, of course Jeff Gordon is retired and starting his TV broadcast career. Tony Stewart's final year in the Cup Series. Truex Jr. will be in a Toyota instead of a Chevy, new rules package, that should provide better racing, though Johnson says, after the test that the cars are faster then last season, exactly the opposite of what NASCAR wanted. A whole lot more. Looking forward to season starting and our discussions for this coming year.
Old 20 Jan 2016, 12:59 (Ref:3606551)   #9
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
The 34th Annual Charlotte Motor Speedway Media Tour – typically referred to as the NASCAR Tour – kicked off as usual with NASCAR Chairman Brian France's state-of-the-sport address, and it contained some newsworthy bits, and one disappointment for those hoping for a certain big story.

Here's a summary:

THE DISAPPOINTMENT: Some of the 250-plus members of the media were expecting some details on the pending NASCAR Sprint Cup team "charter" system, which would make NASCAR teams actual franchise holders, with the ability to sell their franchise, or parts of it, to teams that want to be part of NASCAR.

As it is – and as it has always been – those who want to compete in NASCAR are essentially free to do so, providing all the rules have been met. But NASCAR teams owners that fold, such as Michael Waltrip Racing did at the end of last season, they are left with nothing of value beyond the hardware they have to auction off, typically at pennies on the dollar.

France said that he is "very optimistic" about the negotiations between an association of team owners, led by Rob Kaufman, part-owner of Chip Ganassi Racing and himself a millionaire financier. But they have nothing to announce, nor is there a timeline for it.

THE CHASE: Like the NASCAR Sprint Cup Chase for the Championship? Then you will probably love the Chase for the Xfinity and Camping World Truck Series, which begins this season. The idea is that as with Sprint Cup, four drivers will still be eligible for the championship as they descend on Homestead-Miami Speedway for the season finale.

Sprint Cup will continue to pare it down from 16 drivers to four, Xfinity from 12 to four, and Camping World trucks from eight to four. France said that he thinks consistency in the championships is important, and that young drivers starting in the two lower classes will get a feel for how the Chase works.

COMPETITION CAUTION: In an arguably made-for-TV innovation, Truck Series races will be interrupted every 20 minutes by a "competition caution," which is a mandatory caution flag that will allow for optional refueling and tire changes. It should benefit lower-income teams and possibly younger drivers, who may not have the money or experience to field a top-tier, ultra-fast pit crew. If there are cautions occurring naturally, the 20-minute clock will be reset after each one.

NOTES: What is the biggest challenge facing France and NASCAR this year? "Rain, rain, rain" ... Six drivers were announced for the Drive for Diversity class of 2016; most of them Hispanic ... Lesa France Kennedy, who has spearheaded the $400 million makeover of Daytona International Speedway, said that Phoenix and Richmond are the next two most likely tracks to be selected for a makeover.
Old 21 Jan 2016, 11:05 (Ref:3606815)   #10
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Don't really know what to say in regards to the 'caution clock'. At a loss for words, to be honest
Old 21 Jan 2016, 17:22 (Ref:3606887)   #11
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyfan View Post
Don't really know what to say in regards to the 'caution clock'. At a loss for words, to be honest
Yes. VERY dumb.

Track record wise, this will be instituted in the other series as GWC were first tried out in trucks. Really sucks because trucks were the only series of the big three I actually enjoyed the ontrack experience last year, when I could view it.
Old 21 Jan 2016, 17:52 (Ref:3606907)   #12
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/122537

Quote:
Xfinity Series events at Bristol, Richmond, Dover and Indianapolis will now be comprised of two heats and one final race

Odd-numbered qualifiers will start the first heat, with even-numbered qualifiers in the second. The results of each heat will set the starting positions for the main race.

The top two Xfinity regulars in each heat will become eligible for the Dash 4 Cash bonus. The highest-finishing driver of those four will then awarded $100,000.
I wonder about the length of the heats and main race.
Old 22 Jan 2016, 12:41 (Ref:3607092)   #13
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Messy, confusing and it's going to irritate fans. Has young France gone mad?

I suppose I'll take small comfort that they are now upfront about these bogus cautions.
Old 22 Jan 2016, 20:24 (Ref:3607202)   #14
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
They appear to be pulling everything from the cheap trick bag they can at once.

Paradise City, I think the Young France-n-steen may be mad, attempting to "up stage" the old man and gramps, when he should've kept throwing coal on the fire that they built.
Old 23 Jan 2016, 00:29 (Ref:3607243)   #15
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I mean... I don't even know what to say. I'm actually embarrassed for them.
Old 23 Jan 2016, 17:15 (Ref:3607357)   #16
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
In my opinion the Trucks was a great series to watch. Why implementing the chase and caution clock?
Old 24 Jan 2016, 07:47 (Ref:3607532)   #17
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They should have got rid of Cup drivers from both Xfinity & Truck series...
Old 31 Jan 2016, 10:52 (Ref:3609881)   #18
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post

Same here canamman, not going to post too much until the season starts, which fortunately, is only a couple of weeks away. Good thing, there won't be much of a sports doldrums (time between the Super Bowl and the start of the Cup Season) this year. I won't have to be hunting for something to watch on Sunday afternoon, for very long.
Old 3 Feb 2016, 09:27 (Ref:3611169)   #19
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Not good news for Tony Stewart! Just saw this at Jayski's:

Stewart hospitalized for a back injury: #14-Tony Stewart is being hospitalized for a back injury he suffered in a non-racing accident while driving an all-terrain vehicle, Stewart-Haas Racing announced Tuesday. Stewart is awake, alert and able to move his extremities, according to a statement from Stewart-Haas Racing spokesman Mike Arning, who said the accident happened Sunday on the West Coast and wouldn't specify where Stewart is hospitalized. Fox Sports reports that Stewart flipped a sand buggy outside of San Diego and was airlifted to a hospital. Arning said the team is not expected to make any further announcements about Stewart's condition until Thursday afternoon. Stewart was in Arizona on Saturday night at the Barrett-Jackson auction in Scottsdale and was interviewed on live television from the event. "We have received word from Stewart-Haas Racing of Tony Stewart's accident and injury," NASCAR chairman Brian France said. "On behalf of everyone at NASCAR, I wish Tony a full recovery and look forward to seeing him back in our sport when he's ready to return."(ESPN)(2-2-2016)
Old 3 Feb 2016, 17:57 (Ref:3611306)   #20
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Smoke just can't seem to stay out of the news off the track these days. He's a true throwback but he's no longer a spring chicken. I wish him a speedy recovery and hope he gets back in time for the 500 but that may not be feasible.
Old 4 Feb 2016, 21:02 (Ref:3611679)   #21
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Smoke got a broke back. Missing AT LEAST the 500.
Old 11 Feb 2016, 23:51 (Ref:3614091)   #22
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Overtime line: http://www.nascar.com/en_us/news-med...-charters.html
Old 12 Feb 2016, 01:53 (Ref:3614104)   #23
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Keep fixing it and adding rules to confuse the proceedings and lessen the value of your product, NASCAR.
Old 12 Feb 2016, 09:06 (Ref:3614150)   #24
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Given how annoyed I've been with some GWC finishes ending around the time the field hits turn one/two I'm actually looking forward to seeing how the "overtime line" plays out.

Not looking forward to seeing 'just' 40 cars out on track though. End of an era.
Old 12 Feb 2016, 23:07 (Ref:3614326)   #25
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Cars are on track and excited for the new season.
I like the look of some these new front ends. The
Furniture Row #78 in a gloss black really looks
dynamite.

My Favorites for the year:
Elliott, Patrick, Jr., and Edwards. (and Smoke when he is back).
Just saw a replay of Smoke on periscope shown on Race Hub.
Yikes - he showed the surgery area, Uffda!

Good luck to Vickers. Be great to see him get a win while he is in the seat.