Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 Apr 2003, 19:57 (Ref:570450)   #51
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
*yawn*

You're right, can't see a difference between Madonna's and SOAD's music...

But definitely, blondes have more fun !
Old 15 Apr 2003, 22:04 (Ref:570572)   #52
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
neilap should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by corkholio
Sorry I meant "some of the JPM fans". Your posts seems fair enough, so no, only some are idiots, but then there are those for every driver.

Two words... Prozac and Lithium.

Why would you even resort to name calling. That nullifies anything you have to say. It makes your opinions seem unimportant and could lead to your disconfirmation.

Its all for fun. No one goes to bed thinking of the last post about these millionaires; well I hope not.
Old 15 Apr 2003, 23:20 (Ref:570619)   #53
Wrex
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne - Home of the Australian GP
Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!Wrex is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally posted by corkholio
Anyone with education past grade school (for some reason the JPM fans do not seem to be part of that group) ........ according to some idiot JPM fan,
Back it up corkholio, personal insults are'nt tolerated at ten-tenths. As a moderator I've found extreme examples of stupidity from all drivers fans (especially some of Michaels).

Quote:
Originally posted by neilap
Why dont some of the people that are defending RS read what supposedly is going on in the team concerning him. Why dont they listen to the commentary about him during the races. Are all these people grade school drop outs too? It does not take a phd to watch determine a good racer from a waste of space.
Not wanting to go after a raw nerve or anything neil, but are you willing ti use that same microscope on the blatent underperfomance of Honda since re-entering F1?

As for Michaels comments on Montoya, I find it interesting that the assumption is being made that it is an insult.

"he has been somewhat disappointing. He has not improved . . . he promised more."

It's true. Monotya is much better than the performances we've seen of late.

Surely the bigger insult would have been "Monotya so far has performed beyond my expectations" It shows MS does expect better things from JPM. If he thought nothing of him, he would'nt comment on him.

As for Ralf, I have no doubt MS would have slated him had he not been his brother. Ralf is underperforming, 5 times worse than Monty.

But I am sure most of us (Damon excluded ) would not do it publically.
Old 15 Apr 2003, 23:26 (Ref:570626)   #54
corkholio
Veteran

corkholio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I apologize for the idiot comment, it was out of line.

As long as you can read, MS is clearly aware of JPM's talents. He expects JPM to have more than 1 win at this point in his career. What did you expect MS to do? Say that JPM is better than Senna? Exactly how many times did you see MS saying Yoong was disappointing and he expected more from the guy?

Ralf had 4 seasons in cars that weren't capable of winning races, and should have won at least if it wasn't for things completely out of his control.
Old 16 Apr 2003, 03:40 (Ref:570729)   #55
JohnSSC
Veteran

Slovenia
Pittsburgh
JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!JohnSSC has a real shot at the podium!
Yeah, I like JPM and I just checked: I are too a college gradurate.

Just having some fun Corkholio, appreciate the apology. Glad nobody talks about my favorite, Speed Racer, that way!
"He's still a young guy and I always think, slightly morbidly, the last thing you learn is how to die and at the end of the day everybody learns every single day." - The Ever-Cheerfull Ron Dennis on Lewis Hamilton.
Old 16 Apr 2003, 04:12 (Ref:570742)   #56
Jukebox
Veteran

Malaysia
KL
Jukebox should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Neil...just because Michael didn't mention Ralf in his assessment (correct spelling?), dosen't mean that he's being biased. I truly beleive that he was giving his assessment on the future crop of would be WDC.

And having Montoya's name mention would be like a bonus to JPM fans and from his statement, it should serve as a wakeup call for Montoya.

Don't you have this grudge on Michael just because the Honda boys are below than average at moment

Last edited by Jukebox; 16 Apr 2003 at 04:14.
Old 16 Apr 2003, 04:41 (Ref:570751)   #57
ozrevhead
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide, Australia
ozrevhead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by f1manoz
I agree with what TGF had to say about Mark Webber. He'd be an asset to any team. Under-valued and under-rated.
MS might be surprised with Mark but I sure as hell ain’t – he would be a great inclusion in any team. Hard working, talented, level-headed & has a very good understanding of the mechanics of F1 – according to Jag’s website, Mark is always at the garage giving encouragement and input!

I have always said Mark has the goods to be WDC & a great asset in any team and im sticking to it!

As they say in the classics - Watch This Space
Old 16 Apr 2003, 04:57 (Ref:570754)   #58
golem
Veteran

golem should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Webber might actually end up being a DeLaRosa or Panis, fairly talented and valued test driver. I think he's got some pace, definately, but I think it's race pace and not lap pace if you get what I mean. He might be trying to utilise what has obviously worked for MS. (You'd be a fool not to these days) in chasing an understanding of things and the perfect weekend long setups.

Which works even better under the new conditions. Pizzonia's outqualified him sometimes, but in the race conditions, Mark's lap times have been faster. The better racer until Pizzonia gets calmer, experianced, and can really give Mark a run.

MS is very much on the ball. Alonso is definately quick, Mark's talented, Fisi's way underrated, and JPM hasn't delivered so far what he is capable of. I really think MS holds JPM as a fast driver and like everyone knows he can do more, just like he himself can do more and he knows it.

It's gonna be one of the more interesting mid-seasons in a loooong time.
Gawky supermodels may look stunning in the right clothes, on the right catwalk, in the right city, but in an M&S jumper, on a crowded street, on a wet Wednesday afternoon, only classic good looks will catch the eye. - Ian Eveleigh.
Old 16 Apr 2003, 05:22 (Ref:570760)   #59
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
Its true Honda has underperformed. In fact they have been emberrasing at times. I watched the last part of the 2002 season with much trepidation. Honda came back in 2000 looking about as good as BMW, they did not have the same quality team so its hard to tell. Everything went down hill from there on.

The good thing about Honda is that they dare to try new things. Some dont. It hurt them greatly but they learned.

As for MS, I dont particularly like or dislike the man. I admire him in the car. However, when it comes to JPM he never has a good word to say. He has never given the man any credit. Its not just JPM that has underachieved, its Williams and BMW, in other words the whole team. No driver is at his best all the time so we should not expect that from JPM either. But to call him disappointing or underachieving is nonsense.
Old 16 Apr 2003, 05:54 (Ref:570775)   #60
corkholio
Veteran

corkholio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Experience notwithstanding, Ralf and JPM have driven the same cars for 2+ years now. Yet JPM, who most would agree to be massively more talented than Ralf, has three fewer wins than Ralf. Leave it to bad luck, but then JPM wouldn't be the only F1 driver that got screwed out of a win or two by bad luck. During JPM's winless streak both Ralf, Coulthard, Kimi, and even Fisichella pulled one off. Don't blame MS just because you yourself don't think JPM is all that talented.
Old 16 Apr 2003, 06:23 (Ref:570784)   #61
neilap
Veteran

Jamaica
He is talented. He is not necessarily the best but in the opinion of most, not just mine, he outclasses RS. The poll was already taken here. JPM won.

If we had printouts of both drivers since they started racing together they would look very close. In fact the wins might make RS seem the better of the two. However, when I see them race, its a different story. RS cant race. He makes a fool of himself each time he attempts a pass.

Damn, RS is the only one that I even care to debate his worth, or lack there of. I think he dug his own grave with his mouth. Further sealing his fate with his lack of heart on the track.
Old 16 Apr 2003, 08:43 (Ref:570861)   #62
ljakse
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade, Serbia
ljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridljakse should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At least TGF did say Macs are going to be serious challenge this year.
Even I didn't believe it at the time.
Old 16 Apr 2003, 08:46 (Ref:570865)   #63
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I believed that the Macs would be the one to start closing the gap, but i didn't believe that they were going to be this close.
Old 16 Apr 2003, 09:32 (Ref:570887)   #64
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing

"he has been somewhat disappointing. He has not improved . . . he promised more."

I agree with this sentiment in the way it reflects on JPM's performance so far this year. I too expected mor of JPM, and I find that disappointing.

And I am expecting better things as the season progresses.

Old 16 Apr 2003, 12:19 (Ref:571041)   #65
Don K
Veteran

Don K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by Wrex
As for Michaels comments, ...
Would love to know what he thinks about Ralfs performance so far (if he thinks Monty is underperforming).
As far as I understood, he said in the same interview thad Ralf had had a disapointing start of the season.
And he said that both Williams drivers probably suffered from problems with their car.
Old 16 Apr 2003, 12:22 (Ref:571046)   #66
Don K
Veteran

Don K has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally posted by neilap
Damn, RS is the only one that I even care to debate his worth, or lack there of. I think he dug his own grave with his mouth.
Are you referring to that famous interview in 2000, in which he said we would have to wait for the results of some races in 2001 before being able to forecast whether or not Montoya would blow him away some time in the future?
Old 16 Apr 2003, 12:56 (Ref:571100)   #67
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by ®îjñtjûh
I believed that the Macs would be the one to start closing the gap, but i didn't believe that they were going to be this close.
So, I am here to hand out humble pies to those who critisized me in the winter when I posted that the Macs were breaking course records, and were looking good...

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthrea...=course+record

Valve? Damon? Hungry?

And when the F2003GA races, and dominates, I'll be ready with more pies in hand, as I was also criticized for posting that it was smashing course records...

Last edited by Inigo Montoya; 16 Apr 2003 at 12:57.
Old 16 Apr 2003, 13:11 (Ref:571126)   #68
Valve Bounce
Veteran

Australia
Home :)
Valve Bounce has been held in scrutiny for further testing
Let's just wait a few more races. Never count your bridges until you cross your chickens. I was handing out humble pies whe Ralf won a couple of races - now I have to eat them myself.
Old 16 Apr 2003, 13:26 (Ref:571147)   #69
Damon
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hampshire, England
Damon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
LOL! Damn seach facility. I put my being wrong down to blind optimism that Williams would be better and blind pessimism that Ferrari could not be quite so bad.
Old 16 Apr 2003, 14:15 (Ref:571180)   #70
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
Hehehe... it was said in good humour guys... glad you took it that way. And Valve, I also ate a mega portion of pie with respect to the Juan vs Ralf debate a season ago... You can search yourself and see just how disrespectful I was towards Juan, and how I had to meekly admit I was wrong. I even called him "Cart- guy" and "Columbian hothead." LOL.
Old 16 Apr 2003, 14:19 (Ref:571187)   #71
mariov
Racer

mariov should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with MS's comments...yes Kimi and Alonso have potential, Webber too early to call.

As for his comments on JPM...as far as I'm concerned there is a conflict of interest....with his own Brother in the team......Yes JPM has not shinned in the first few races....but it's a long season ahead...

If MS gives credit to JPM, it makes his brother look bad....if he makes comments on his brother...it comes out a favoritism....

Just the fact that he mentionned JPM..says a lot. Not mentionning him, like he did for others would have meant more. Reverse spychology, trying to make JPM go eraticly...trying to make him puch a bit more...a bit too much...clearring the path for his brother to move up from the basement.

As for RS...he had a season more with Williams then JPM, the first season on equal equipment....with his inside knowledge of the functionning of the team should have kept him ahead....if he is as good as he says he is?

As for his personal problems outside the tract....sorry we all have personal problems...and we keep working 5 days a week 52 weeks a year....for a lot less money...and a lot less time to sort thing out and deal with the problems.

If he cant take his mind off of those 17 weekends a year...he is in the wrong business....compare his attitude to a racer like Gunmar Nilson...he knew he was sick....he was feeling crappy for a bloody year, still he went out and gave his all....even winning a race, I wont even go into all the drivers that have been dealling with crappy rides, political hastotles...and pure BS for the last few years ...but still give their all.

To be WDC....you need the spychological edge...it's a frame of mind to give your all....and nothing makes you loose that focus....no amount of personal problems can make you loose that focus....It's a state of mind....and RS....too bad....but if his personal problems are affecting his performance....he does not have what it takes to be WDC...Hope he proves me wrong....we will see...