Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Motorsport Art & Photography

Old 1 Mar 2006, 15:17 (Ref:1533981)   #1
pitcrew
Racer

England
Uk
pitcrew should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What Camera!

Hi all im looking to get a New Digital camera in the near future, but would really like to have full adjustment over shutter speeds, and pref 10 x optical zoom really not sure what to be going for as i love taking shots while racing but always frustrated with the shots of my current camera.

Any ideas

Plus no prefrence on size or looks but pref good battery life too!!
Old 1 Mar 2006, 15:48 (Ref:1533997)   #2
pitcrew
Racer

England
Uk
been looking around and came accross the KODAK Z740 5MP, what do you think?
Old 1 Mar 2006, 19:45 (Ref:1534139)   #3
Hubble
Veteran

England
Bishops Stortford, Herts
Hubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If you're planning to use it for motorsport, check out the shutter lag - if it's too slow to respond, it won't be any good for motorsport unless you can learn to adapt your shooting to it. On the subject of batteries, if you use high capacity (2500mAh plus) rechargeable batteries, they should be ok. IMHO battery life shouldn't be too great a deciding factor when making your choice.

Happy hunting

Phil
Old 1 Mar 2006, 21:49 (Ref:1534197)   #4
flagwaver
Veteran

England
Yorkshire
flagwaver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As an interested hobby photographer. Who because of other motorsport commitments doesn't take as much motorsport as I would like.
I have got a Kodak DX6490 takes great photo's, but does suffer from shutter lag & slow start up. I have just adjusted how I shoot. Battery is very good.
Having said that if the money will run to it look at some of the deals on digital SLR's look at Jessups and Amazon's web site for starter.
Old 2 Mar 2006, 09:29 (Ref:1534490)   #5
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
What sort of price range are you looking at? Do you want a compact camera or an SLR? If you can stretch the budget to an SLR that'd be the way to go (you can always upgrade lenses etc later).
Old 2 Mar 2006, 13:39 (Ref:1534674)   #6
pitcrew
Racer

England
Uk
Not high amounts at the moment but just want a digital cam something without shutter lag as suggested earlier manual shutter speeds and 5 x and up optical zoom and SD card port, just something cheapish at the moment will probably get bashed around a bit (got the bit about batteries cheers Hubble, my cam at the moment does seem to just munch my 2000mAh's) love to get a SLR but unless its a great price i think thats ruled out unfotunately

Cheers everyone
Old 2 Mar 2006, 13:59 (Ref:1534687)   #7
Hubble
Veteran

England
Bishops Stortford, Herts
Hubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridHubble should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pitcrew - I have PM'd you
Old 7 Mar 2006, 22:57 (Ref:1539880)   #8
pitcrew
Racer

England
Uk
I decided on a Minolta DiMage Z1 i got it at a great price and has what i need, much better than my old ViviCam 3765 ViviCam 3765 too, but with the Z1 there are many other lenses and filters that can be bought! is there a site with indepth analysis of these with examples? this would be great.

Thanks all