Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 13 May 2007, 19:06 (Ref:1912526)   #1
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ron's Wife (Ron happier)

After watching F1 for many years, I saw Ron's wife (for the first time) standing by his side and she is smokin! I thought he was married to his MP4's! Every interview I have seen with Ron so far this year he is smiling, seems happy to give an interview etc.

Remember the days while watching a race it seemed there were more shots of Mika's wife in the Mac garage than the race itself?

Bottom line, Ron looks more happy and relaxed than I have seen him in a long long time (since the beginning on the season).

Last edited by F1Pete; 13 May 2007 at 19:08.
Old 13 May 2007, 19:12 (Ref:1912536)   #2
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ron does seem happier yes.

I suspect this is because he is meeting some success this season and has made all the right calls. And also time is running out, so maybe he wants to enjoy it more.

Ron did smile in past seasons though!
Old 13 May 2007, 19:13 (Ref:1912537)   #3
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
She is a beautiful woman, and so is their daughter.

Yeah, Ron seemed to be relaxed... maybe I'm wrong but he looks like when he had Senna in his team. Maybe, maybe is being rewarded for his support in LH career ?
Old 13 May 2007, 19:56 (Ref:1912576)   #4
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Yes she is...Ron was not on the pit wall today either was he? He looks and sounds really happy these days..He has two very fine drivers, he is being reward as Bononi says but I think for all his hard work that he has put in over the years..God bless him! Go McLaren, Fernando and Lewis..
Old 13 May 2007, 20:00 (Ref:1912581)   #5
steve nielsen
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam- Holland
steve nielsen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Pete
After watching F1 for many years, I saw Ron's wife (for the first time) standing by his side and she is smokin!
smoking is'nt alowed in the pitlane
Old 13 May 2007, 20:09 (Ref:1912588)   #6
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I think it is just a relief that Mclaren are competitive again. A few fresh faces always tends to have a re-invigorating effect. It has not just been the drivers but with Newey gone they do have some new personal in the back room staff.
Old 13 May 2007, 22:36 (Ref:1912666)   #7
Rennen
Veteran

United Kingdom
Hertfordshire
Rennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRennen should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What Ron's got right, apart from signing up the current WC, was to have sponsored a very young winning kart racer 12 years ago, and built himself a future WC!
He's made the rest of the team bosses look like schmucks! (Except Flavio who invested in karters, albeit senior ones, for several years)
Old 13 May 2007, 22:37 (Ref:1912669)   #8
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
Lisa goes to lots of races, nothing new at all. His daughter and sons sometimes attend, but not as often

She was an ex Miss America, or something like that. Very nice lady
Old 13 May 2007, 22:54 (Ref:1912679)   #9
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I did also notice Jean Todt's wife in the pits. He's older than me, she obviously fell for his film star looks !
Old 13 May 2007, 22:55 (Ref:1912680)   #10
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_b
She was an ex Miss America, or something like that. Very nice lady
Well, certainly she still has the looks of a Miss America or something like that !!!
Old 13 May 2007, 22:59 (Ref:1912681)   #11
Inigo Montoya
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Canada
Toronto, Canada
Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!Inigo Montoya has a real shot at the championship!
A nice looking lady in the pitlane?? Can't be true
Old 13 May 2007, 23:09 (Ref:1912684)   #12
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Not a place I would like to be... nah...
Old 14 May 2007, 04:19 (Ref:1912785)   #13
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I've actually been in her company several times. I think one time I talked to her for about 2 hours straight. She is a very nice woman with a phony british accent. She tries to cover up her american accent but it still slips though often. Ron is probably pretty lucky to have her.
Old 14 May 2007, 04:30 (Ref:1912790)   #14
andy_b
Veteran

Canada
Vancouver (I escaped from UK)
andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!andy_b is going for a new world record!
agreed. Met her a few times while I was at McLaren.
Old 14 May 2007, 07:23 (Ref:1912860)   #15
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Perhaps it has more to do with having two fast drivers who don't break the cars or run into people ... gosh, that reliability problem seems to have gone away and, heck, that feedback seems to have improved dramatically. Put a smile on anyone's face, I reckon.

Oh, and the missus ain't too shabby either!
Old 14 May 2007, 09:27 (Ref:1912962)   #16
Ryan_Briscoe1
Racer

Australia
straya
Ryan_Briscoe1 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
After watching F1 for many years, I saw Ron's wife (for the first time) standing by his side and she is smokin!
get out off it pete
Old 14 May 2007, 09:42 (Ref:1912981)   #17
MrTTraces
Veteran

Zimbabwe
A place where the coffee is cold!
MrTTraces should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Question! what was she smokin?

Menthol?

Non Filter?
Old 14 May 2007, 10:51 (Ref:1913025)   #18
Rockmunky
Veteran

England
'artfordshire
Rockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRockmunky should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi
She is a beautiful woman, and so is their daughter.
They have a daughter, you say?
Old 14 May 2007, 10:56 (Ref:1913031)   #19
georgeboi999
Racer

Ghana
Barnsley, UK
georgeboi999 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice
Old 14 May 2007, 14:05 (Ref:1913192)   #20
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is his daughter the other woman who you could see in the pit garage when they did a replay of the McLaren reaction after the first-corner incident?
Old 14 May 2007, 14:20 (Ref:1913213)   #21
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

I guess so, at least that was what the commentator said.