Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 10 Sep 2004, 02:55 (Ref:1091504)   #1
Onlooker
Veteran

Onlooker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Drug Test

I see AVESCO and CAMS blowing ther trumpet about no drugs in M/Sport and that they have had no positive results in 4 years, WOW they have taken 25 samples in that time, talk about diligent.

Think about 11rounds, 35 drivers 4 years and 2 days each meetings + the 2 enduros with double the driver numbers so

[(11*4)*35]=1540* 2days =3080
+ [(2*4)*70]* 3 days = 1680
Total chances =4760
Chances realised =25 or 0.005%

Stick with it guys, my you run a clean ship

WTF is that all about, what are they testing for, i would be amazed if they had a blanket swabing that they would not find one single "Team Member" with any sort of recreational drug in there system , if you are going to make a big statement like that , at least have the real solid facts to back it up,
What next? 100% of all vistors to the V8 site have used the internet at least once in there lives , give me a break

Last edited by Onlooker; 10 Sep 2004 at 02:58.

"Montoya made some last minute changes to his suspension but it seemed to effect it's handling"-Classic
Old 10 Sep 2004, 03:13 (Ref:1091510)   #2
Bruce Moxon
Racer

Bruce Moxon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Actually, most of the substances for which they test are at detectable levels for extended periods - up to six months in some cases, so they don't need to test everyone every time. And the penalties are supposed to be pretty harsh - a two year ban for a first offence.

They test for more than just recreational drugs - there are all sorts of amphetimines that would help a driver, there are Beta Blockers, some cortico- and anabolic agents (steroids mostly), and illegal practices, like blood doping and haemoglobin expanders.

There are also prescription and over-the-counter medications that are either banned or controlled. It's a big deal - look at all the bunfight with the Olympics.

Bruce Moxon
Old 10 Sep 2004, 03:53 (Ref:1091519)   #3
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, NSW, or a track near you
rdmdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Apparently cost is the issue, maybe CAMS can seek sponsorship from ASDA?

Breath testing for Alcohol is not expensive though, and should be used more regularly throughout our sport, not just at National and International meetings.
Old 10 Sep 2004, 06:12 (Ref:1091591)   #4
Bruce Moxon
Racer

Bruce Moxon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cost would be an issue, too. I think CAMS pay the ASDA to administer the tests.

Bruce Moxon
Old 10 Sep 2004, 06:37 (Ref:1091610)   #5
Onlooker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by Bruce Moxon

They test for more than just recreational drugs - there are all sorts of amphetimines that would help a driver, there are Beta Blockers, some cortico- and anabolic agents (steroids mostly), and illegal practices, like blood doping and haemoglobin expanders.

Bruce Moxon
my point is that 25 tests in 4 years is hardly having a good look at the situation. Now I doubt very much if you would find any of the drivers on anysort of drugs, the point i was making was , did it warrent a press release . it basically said look we have had a very small investigation into this issue and and are pleased to announce that we are one of the most drug free sports in the world.
How many people were caught cheating or breaking the tech laws in the past 10 years up till 6 months ago, what a couple of sierras and bowe a couple of times with extra braces on the undertray, and a few shells that had inadvertinly been made from the wrong gauge sheet metal. Now every one is in the poo

"Montoya made some last minute changes to his suspension but it seemed to effect it's handling"-Classic
Old 10 Sep 2004, 14:12 (Ref:1091998)   #6
Thunder1
Racer

Thunder1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just a question to clear the matter up do a full driver & crew test at sandown & Bathurst might cost a few $$$ but you will get answer.

PS: how do teams & crews work these extra long hours to get cars to the track & when they are crashed do all nighters to fix then must be super workers
Old 10 Sep 2004, 21:43 (Ref:1092348)   #7
Sultan
Veteran

Australia
Brisvegas, Australia
Sultan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The whole CAMS drug testing is a joke! Comments have been made of the fact that drug testing costs $$$$ - Well compare the cost of a CAMS license with the amount of people who buy said licenses, then divide those that have been yested with those that haven't - you get the idea.....
Old 11 Sep 2004, 00:33 (Ref:1092416)   #8
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
TSR has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I have a question, coming from a sport were both driver & crew are breath tested on both Sat & Sunday. Do the V8 drivers get breath tested.
Can anyone answer my question.
2015 V8Supercar Champion #5 PDA Mark Frosty Winterbottom
To Finish First, First you must Finish
Old 11 Sep 2004, 00:38 (Ref:1092423)   #9
clarkey
Rookie

clarkey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Imagine if Team Dynamyk passed a positive sample. They would probably get away with that too.
Old 11 Sep 2004, 00:55 (Ref:1092439)   #10
Onlooker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally posted by TSR
I have a question, coming from a sport were both driver & crew are breath tested on both Sat & Sunday. Do the V8 drivers get breath tested.

Ah Speedway eh

don't think a single crew member has ever been tested in V8's , they onle have 25 samples in total so she is a pretty loose system,at best

Old 11 Sep 2004, 02:05 (Ref:1092464)   #11
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
Quote:
Originally posted by Onlooker
Ah Speedway eh

don't think a single crew member has ever been tested in V8's , they onle have 25 samples in total so she is a pretty loose system,at best
Thanks onlooker, and the v8 call themselves the number one motorsport in Australia.
Old 11 Sep 2004, 09:14 (Ref:1092690)   #12
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hows about the PROCAR mob tested on Sunday morning, and still found under the affluence of incohol from the night before.....

Same thing as pseudo-ephidrine, marajuana, cocaine etc etc and as illegal....
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 11 Sep 2004, 09:47 (Ref:1092718)   #13
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
At Bathurst in 2001, (maybe 2000) random breath testing was carried out on V8 team members on Saturday morning.

Four members of the crew I was with were tested including myself. I am assuming that a similar number of members of the rest of pitlane were tested as well. I dont know of anyone who tested positively.
Old 11 Sep 2004, 09:59 (Ref:1092725)   #14
TSR
Veteran

Australia
Sutherland Shire
Quote:
Originally posted by TSR

I would just like to claify, I race a F1 powerboat and I am breath tested on both SAT & SUN before getting into my boat, my pit crew are randomly breath tested both days.

All I am asking out of this thread is are the v8 supertaxi drivers and there crew tested, going on the response it is very slack for our so called preimer class of motorsport.
Old 11 Sep 2004, 10:04 (Ref:1092729)   #15
Techo
Racer

Techo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
OK, this would be easy..
There is 34 odd cars so each car has 5 people working on it.
EASY 170 people + drivers tested each day...
That should'nt take LONG !!!
Old 11 Sep 2004, 10:11 (Ref:1092737)   #16
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I would be comfortable if the 70 drivers were tested each day... for all things, not just alcohol....
Old 11 Sep 2004, 10:22 (Ref:1092742)   #17
1200Datto27
Veteran

Australia
Croydon
1200Datto27 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Techo, The police will test 170 people in 10 ~ 15 minutes.
Old 11 Sep 2004, 10:57 (Ref:1092768)   #18
Kerri
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
Kerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKerri should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think all drivers should be subjected to a urine test after their drivers briefing at every race meeting.
Some random testing was done at a go kart meeting awhile ago & look what they found there.
I'm not saying that any V8SC drivers would be under the influence of anything but at least it would remove the doubt.
Old 13 Sep 2004, 10:24 (Ref:1094904)   #19
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Mr Yoong was drug tested at the conclusion of the race yesterday.... not sure who else was selected
Old 13 Sep 2004, 10:28 (Ref:1094913)   #20
rdmdog
Veteran

Australia
Will they find any mud or foam in his system? Maybe he had exposure to the stomach virus effecting his teammate
Old 13 Sep 2004, 10:31 (Ref:1094917)   #21
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
I actually thought it was an odd thing to do, considering the timing of it, after the conclusion of the race....

.... it wouldnt have been impossible for a driver to have consumed an alcoholic beverage or four by then... or indeed champagne if on the dias....

You would have thought doing such things BEFORE the race would make more sense...
Old 13 Sep 2004, 10:31 (Ref:1094921)   #22
Onlooker
Veteran

maybe he was so sick from riding around in the WPS machine they just figured that he must be on something

Old 13 Sep 2004, 12:24 (Ref:1095084)   #23
Techo
Racer

Techo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by 1200Datto27
Techo, The police will test 170 people in 10 ~ 15 minutes.
So all we have to do is line up the complete field in a couple of rows of witches hats- good idea !
Old 13 Sep 2004, 12:39 (Ref:1095100)   #24
Camaroz
Veteran

Camaroz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
GTRM,

Sorry to get on your case again but it was a Drug Test, not an RBT!!!
Old 13 Sep 2004, 12:57 (Ref:1095125)   #25
mixxer
Veteran

Australia
Somewhere over the rainbow
mixxer has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
yep gotta agree it seem alot of people are confusing breath testing with drug testing