Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 21 Aug 2017, 17:23 (Ref:3760779)   #351
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
1. FRA Sébastien Ogier (Ford), 177
2. BEL Thierry Neuville (Hyundai), 160
3. EST Ott Tänak (Ford), 144
4. FIN Jari-Matti Latvala (Toyota), 123
5. ESP Dani Sordo (Hyundai), 89
6. GBR Elfyn Evans (Ford), 87
7. IRL Craig Breen (Citroën), 64
8. FIN Juho Hänninen (Toyota), 58
9. NZL Hayden Paddon (Hyundai), 55
10. FIN Esapekka Lappi (Toyota), 49
11. NOR Andreas Mikkelsen (Citroën), 39
12. GBR Kris Meeke (Citroën), 31
13. GBR Teemu Suninen (Ford), 25
14. FRA Stéphane Lefebvre (Citroën), 22
15. NOR Mads Østberg (Ford), 19

Great job by M-Sport, no question about it.

Enough with Craig Breen.
Old 25 Aug 2017, 12:21 (Ref:3761521)   #352
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I just want to wish my best to Tanak and the other 2 for the world title and the sport of WRC is a great more fun than it has been for some time
Old 5 Sep 2017, 12:27 (Ref:3764708)   #353
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
I see Mikklesen will be driving a Hyundai for the final 3 rounds of this season. That's a pretty big slap in the face for Citroen isn't it? I know Mikklesen wasn't necessarily going to get a drive in those events in the Citroen but he'd been looking like their best bet - Meeke looks shot to bits, Breen is more consistent but seems lacking that final bit of pace and Lefevbre looks out of his depth.
Old 5 Sep 2017, 12:30 (Ref:3764710)   #354
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
There is definitely something not right going on at Citroen. Bad car, drivers getting publicly slagged off and now their lead driver leaves. Things need to be sorted out
Old 5 Sep 2017, 16:03 (Ref:3764748)   #355
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
There is definitely something not right going on at Citroen. Bad car, drivers getting publicly slagged off and now their lead driver leaves. Things need to be sorted out
It's odd isn't it? They were out testing the new car quite early and seemed to be racking up the mileage with no major issues, then the season starts and it all goes bandy.

Breen is out for Spain but back for Wales and Australia - 'budgetary reasons' being the reason (Citroen can't stretch to a 4th car). Meeke, Lefebvre and Al-Qassimi get the nod in Spain - which it has to be said isn't a hugely inspiring lineup.
Old 5 Sep 2017, 17:34 (Ref:3764769)   #356
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From the beginning it was planned though that Breen would only do 11 rounds. Lefebvre has been on the sideline a bit and Meeke was supposed to do the entire season. Al-Qassimi pays for himself and their season is screwed up anyways. Besides, Citroen have said that they are looking towards next season.

I would also think that Citroen couldn't keep Mikkelsen rather than that he is leaving them. They had four drivers already and if they can't have all the drivers because of budgetary reasons it seems more reasonable, despite his results, to let Mikkelsen go.
Old 9 Oct 2017, 12:23 (Ref:3773212)   #357
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Well Meeke takes the win in Spain - great result and one that he (and Citroen) certainly needed. M-Sport are pretty much nailed on to win the manufacturers now and Ogier looks to be in a good position in the drivers after Neuville lost more ground. Mikkelsen looked impressive in his first run in the Hyundai - I was never convinced by him in the Polo but he's done well this season.
Old 9 Oct 2017, 13:15 (Ref:3773213)   #358
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah, a much needed result for Meeke and Citroen. Another very solid performance from Tanak as well.

Would like to see Ogier take another win this year to really "deserve" the title, but I guess he will be playing it safe in order to rack up the points.
Old 14 Oct 2017, 10:51 (Ref:3774163)   #359
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great result for Meeke/Nagle and Citroen and not a bad rally to watch overall either. Hanninen is quite handy on tarmac, I'm glad he's finding some speed now. He had a rough early part of the season. I hope it's not his seat that rumoured to be possibly going to Tanak.

The Hyundai understeers quite a bit doesn't it? You could see it. Must be so frustrating for the drivers. I was never fully convinced by the robustness of the Hyundai package in terms of taking knocks and absorbing them, maybe they've prioritised light weight in some components in the pursuit of speed and it's come back to hurt them. I had my heart in my mouth when Meeke was coming up to the infamous Hyundai destroying rock. I thought it was gonna end in a ripped sump. Phew!

On a different note, I have a list of onboards from the season I would love to see, they don't make them available for free anymore. Does anyone subscribe to the WRC paid services and are the onboards offered? Are they any good? Is it worth paying for?
Old 14 Oct 2017, 11:52 (Ref:3774169)   #360
S griffin
Veteran

I’m glad Meeke won, shows the problem has been more the car being behind the others this season. Shame about Neuville, but hopefully both he and Tanak will take it down to the wire down under against Ogier
Old 14 Oct 2017, 21:19 (Ref:3774224)   #361
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg7aa View Post
Great result for Meeke/Nagle and Citroen and not a bad rally to watch overall either. Hanninen is quite handy on tarmac, I'm glad he's finding some speed now. He had a rough early part of the season. I hope it's not his seat that rumoured to be possibly going to Tanak.

The Hyundai understeers quite a bit doesn't it? You could see it. Must be so frustrating for the drivers. I was never fully convinced by the robustness of the Hyundai package in terms of taking knocks and absorbing them, maybe they've prioritised light weight in some components in the pursuit of speed and it's come back to hurt them. I had my heart in my mouth when Meeke was coming up to the infamous Hyundai destroying rock. I thought it was gonna end in a ripped sump. Phew!

On a different note, I have a list of onboards from the season I would love to see, they don't make them available for free anymore. Does anyone subscribe to the WRC paid services and are the onboards offered? Are they any good? Is it worth paying for?
PS: I hope Mikkelsen's arrival at Hyundai doesn't mean Paddon's is left out in the cold for next season. Even if he shown the door, I hope he's given a chance elsewhere. He could flourish.
Old 19 Oct 2017, 08:14 (Ref:3774983)   #362
GasperG
Veteran

Slovenia
GasperG has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Tanak in Toyota next year to replace Hänninen:

http://newsroom.toyota.eu/ott-tanak-...river-in-2018/
Old 20 Oct 2017, 19:14 (Ref:3775301)   #363
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by GasperG View Post
Tanak in Toyota next year to replace Hänninen:

http://newsroom.toyota.eu/ott-tanak-...river-in-2018/
2018 thread here:

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=151899

Old 21 Oct 2017, 10:24 (Ref:3775396)   #364
Alex Langheck
Racer

Alex Langheck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
PS: I hope Mikkelsen's arrival at Hyundai doesn't mean Paddon's is left out in the cold for next season. Even if he shown the door, I hope he's given a chance elsewhere. He could flourish.
Paddon is supported by Hyundai NZ - and runs an AP class i20 WRCar there. If he was to leave Hyundai, he's unlikely going to keep that backing. So, I'm not sure were he could go. I think unless they run 4 cars, he may have to share the 3rd car with Sordo.
Old 21 Oct 2017, 11:09 (Ref:3775400)   #365
S griffin
Veteran

I think Sordo might not be around next season, he hasn’t exactly been stellar this season
Old 22 Oct 2017, 14:18 (Ref:3775626)   #366
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Sordo has done better than Paddon. But, results are sometimes not the most important thing.
Old 25 Oct 2017, 22:56 (Ref:3776497)   #367
Alex Langheck
Racer

Alex Langheck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, it's that time of year, well nearly (still a month too early in my opinion).

Daysure Rally of GB; okay, so it's not the legendary RAC Rally, but it will be pretty interesting. I see they're expecting big crowds.....I hope they all behave, and enjoy the event. Ogier should wrap up the Title, as should M-Sport.
Old 26 Oct 2017, 07:38 (Ref:3776538)   #368
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It is just such a shame that the event only goes there, I know we shoud all be used to it by now, but it sucks so bad when there are so many other cool places they could go.

Am doing Roger Albert the next week and that is like the old days, Shelsley early on then Radnor or Epynt later.
THAT is an RAC rally.

Having said that, the new cars really do seem to have got people into it again, as has the opn ness of the series.

Bizarrely the complete opposite of the series they were worried about WRX, which has fallen on tough times very quickly lol!
Old 26 Oct 2017, 10:43 (Ref:3776564)   #369
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'd like to see Ogier take at least one more win this year to really "earn" the title.

Really wanted to get to Wales this year as it looks like it's going to be epic, but I just couldn't fit it in (or afford the round trip!). Couple of mates of mine are there and were watching the shakedown this morning: both of them know their rally cars and they were both astonished by the pace of the new cars.
Old 26 Oct 2017, 10:45 (Ref:3776567)   #370
S griffin
Veteran

This season has been close, could there be another surprise in store. Don't rule out Tanak, he could steal the title
Old 29 Oct 2017, 19:38 (Ref:3777244)   #371
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Well - cracking rally GB

Evans takes a maiden win, M-Sport wrap up the manufacturers title and Ogier takes his 5th drivers title. Definitely looked like the Fiesta was the car to have this weekend (and the DMack tyres had the edge on the Michelins). I thought Neuville drove well after his penalty on the first stage and then a small off on the second - good recovery from that point onwards. Ogier definitely looked like he was driving for the title rather than the win and once Tanak dropped back the pressure was off to some extent.

The stages themselves looked pretty good - plenty of mud to deal with and some nice fast flowing sections. I liked Ogiers comment about the weather - he hadn't seen the scenery before as it was usually foggy or raining!
Old 30 Oct 2017, 00:43 (Ref:3777330)   #372
WolfsburgRS
Veteran

United States
Baltimore, MD
WolfsburgRS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

I subscribe to WRC+ since I'm in the states and have no real easy way to watch the series otherwise. They do offer all the onboards for the top drivers on I believe every stage, and you can choose which camera as well. (POV, cabin or "FX" camera). They also offer a side-by-side option viewing option to compare different drivers. I think it's well worth paying for but I don't have much other choice being in the states.
Old 30 Oct 2017, 08:42 (Ref:3777401)   #373
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yes its kind of a shame that rallying has not really kicked off in the USA, the best you get is Pikes Peak probably and but for a few decent cars, that is a very amateur event.

Problem you have there is off road motorsport is buggies, motocross, side by sides etc. That is ensconced in the psyche.

I think they did try with Pastrana and Red Bull, and you must have some amazing roads out there, but it just has never taken off for whatever reason.
Old 30 Oct 2017, 08:49 (Ref:3777404)   #374
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Fantastic result for Evans and M-Sport. I was torn on Ogier winning at the start of the year, but he hasn't run away with the Championship and it's been a great title fight: though it is a shame to see it over with a round to go!

That said, with the title secure, I'd like to Ogier go for broke in Australia.

Difficult to make any guesses for 2018 at this point until we know exactly out who is going where: Neuville is surely going to be determined to beat Ogier though!
Old 30 Oct 2017, 17:19 (Ref:3777557)   #375
S griffin
Veteran

Well done Evans. First Brit his home event since 2000. He certainly has had a consistent season, but today he was on another level to the rest. He truly deserved it. Thanks to C5 for bigger coverage than usual

Ogier another title, but the series is a lot more competitive than it was in the Loeb era, which is good. Be good to see Neuville, Tanak or even Meeke win it next season though.