Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 3 Jun 2018, 09:17 (Ref:3826401)   #176
Elaviel
Racer

England
Kent
Elaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridElaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Setting off Sunday morning and to arrive mid afternoon
Old 3 Jun 2018, 11:01 (Ref:3826431)   #177
Giba
Racer

United Kingdom
Leeds
Giba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaviel View Post
Setting off Sunday morning and to arrive mid afternoon
Just in time for the podium celebrations??

Leave on Wednesday morning and hopefully arrive just after 2pm
Old 3 Jun 2018, 11:14 (Ref:3826439)   #178
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Arriving on wednesday morning at about 7 am
Old 3 Jun 2018, 11:28 (Ref:3826449)   #179
Elaviel
Racer

England
Kent
Elaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridElaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giba View Post
Just in time for the podium celebrations??

Leave on Wednesday morning and hopefully arrive just after 2pm
That beat my shortest le mans! Thankfully a weeks earlier
Old 3 Jun 2018, 11:30 (Ref:3826450)   #180
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Oh yes when the bus driver got lost, and you missed the tyre visit on saturday morning
Old 3 Jun 2018, 11:34 (Ref:3826454)   #181
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
When I came on my last coach trip in 1998 (as the rest of the Tourists gave it a miss), neither the coach driver nor the tour guide had been to Le Mans before. We got very lost and stuck in heavy traffic, arriving about 20 minutes before the start of the race...... We were supposed to be there by midday.
Old 3 Jun 2018, 11:37 (Ref:3826457)   #182
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
My very first trip in 1985 was by coach experience told me to drive down in future, but that year Helen had no choice but to book coach down on friday evening, but came back with us in the car. Helen ended up doing her guiding bit (as probably the only person who knew the area)and got the coach back to the circuit but very late
Old 3 Jun 2018, 12:00 (Ref:3826477)   #183
Elaviel
Racer

England
Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
My very first trip in 1985 was by coach experience told me to drive down in future, but that year Helen had no choice but to book coach down on friday evening, but came back with us in the car. Helen ended up doing her guiding bit (as probably the only person who knew the area)and got the coach back to the circuit but very late
I got off the coach and walked some of it
Old 3 Jun 2018, 12:23 (Ref:3826487)   #184
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Leaving in the overnight ferry from Portsmouth on Wednesday 13th, dropping Allon off at the namby pamby hotel about 12 in Thursday, then in to set up camp, Have a nose around and get out to Arnage for the RTLM race and qualifying.

Sean
Old 3 Jun 2018, 14:34 (Ref:3826520)   #185
Giba
Racer

United Kingdom
Leeds
Giba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Ah! Need to do the full week one year.

Also, doubt I could of kept my cool if the coach got lost just hours before the race start!
Old 3 Jun 2018, 16:08 (Ref:3826552)   #186
Elaviel
Racer

England
Kent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giba View Post
Ah! Need to do the full week one year.

Also, doubt I could of kept my cool if the coach got lost just hours before the race start!
I was sitting on the coach and starting to get confused as we had gone quite a way past the junctions.... I wasn't be pleased and then turned up to the meet after no sleep..... it was interesting
Old 7 Jun 2018, 07:43 (Ref:3827319)   #187
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So I have mixed news - my surgeon and physio have said that I am physically ok to go - the bad news is that none of my usual group can/ want to go now.
Bad times - it looks like I am destined to miss this one.
Realistically I could only do a Friday - Monday trip max anyway, so the cost is probably not worth it. A l'annee prochaine...
Old 7 Jun 2018, 08:30 (Ref:3827323)   #188
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Just booked tunnel and hotels, so I guess you can probably chalk me up as going to this one.
Old 7 Jun 2018, 09:16 (Ref:3827331)   #189
Muppetdave901
Racer

England
Essex, UK
Muppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMuppetdave901 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by isynge View Post
Just booked tunnel and hotels, so I guess you can probably chalk me up as going to this one.
Wahoo! Not camping - or hotels before/after?
Old 7 Jun 2018, 09:18 (Ref:3827334)   #190
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Good to have you back in one piece Ian!
Old 7 Jun 2018, 10:02 (Ref:3827349)   #191
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muppetdave901 View Post
Camping Friday/Saturday, but hotels for trip down and back obviously involved - seemed like a sensible mix, even if I suspect securing a prime camping slot on Friday morning might be a bit of a challenge.
Old 7 Jun 2018, 10:34 (Ref:3827358)   #192
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muppetdave901 View Post
Talking about that you have still not filled out the where are you staying thread yet Dave
Old 7 Jun 2018, 10:38 (Ref:3827360)   #193
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Camping Friday/Saturday, but hotels for trip down and back obviously involved - seemed like a sensible mix, even if I suspect securing a prime camping slot on Friday morning might be a bit of a challenge.
Helen is going to have fun on Sunday trying to reserve enough space f0r all of us but hopefully we will spread out on tuesday so hopefully there will be enough space to squeeze you in
Old 7 Jun 2018, 17:17 (Ref:3827445)   #194
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Just a reminder to all of those going to le mans, remember to take your EHIC card, after last years incident on the way home from the test day, this card makes life so much simpler if the worst does happen. Travel insurance also helps but EHIC card is essential.
Old 7 Jun 2018, 18:26 (Ref:3827454)   #195
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
My James had let his run out, so we renewed it last weekend and it arrived yesterday. Which I thought was pretty good....
Old 7 Jun 2018, 19:05 (Ref:3827469)   #196
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Great!!
Old 7 Jun 2018, 19:12 (Ref:3827475)   #197
AllonFS
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bristol, UK
AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!AllonFS has a real shot at the championship!
I'll be there of course, what would June be without a trip to Le Sarthe? Looking fwd to seeing people at the Saturday meeting, can't believe less than a week now!
Old 7 Jun 2018, 19:59 (Ref:3827494)   #198
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Well, that's work done and dusted for me for a while, a fact that fills me with something pretty close to euphoria right now.......

Battery-charging, checklist checking and packing day awaits for me tomorrow, before the nipper and I jump in the car for an afternoon crossing on Saturday. As is the case every year, I can't believe it's very nearly here again. It seems only a short while ago that we were remarking on the ability to look forward to this year's race and not next years......
Old 7 Jun 2018, 21:03 (Ref:3827516)   #199
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Cool, where r u camping?
Old 7 Jun 2018, 21:07 (Ref:3827518)   #200
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Cool, where r u camping?
Where all the best camp if they can get a pass, rocking horse poo is easier to get