pablo
Rookie

United States
Tulsa, OK, USA
pablo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

I have:
PC (older pentium)
Dreamcast (so far its excellent)
Playstation (F-1 from Bizarre Creations, the reason to own a PSX)
Saturn (original Sega Rally and VF2, still nothin as fun on the PSX)

I still get my game on, on all of these (DC and PSX the most).

What does everyone have out there???
What is you favorite System (please, without saying this one or that sucks. I'm glad we have them all)
Old 3 Feb 2000, 14:03 (Ref:13178)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
I have a pentium 3 which i dont play games on that much just because I couldnt be bothered.
and a playstation of course which is excellent and I carnt wait for playstation 2
Old 3 Feb 2000, 16:42 (Ref:13179)   #3
F1FansClub
Racer

F1FansClub should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have the follow game mediums,

1- Playstation - possibly the best ever! Until PSX2 that is!
2- PC, how else can I get onto here? Lol
3- Game Boy, old favourite of mine! Tetris rules!
4- Game Gear which never gets used!

Ally
Old 4 Feb 2000, 01:13 (Ref:13180)   #4
tourist
Rookie

tourist should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

F1-Fans Club: er...I know you know this, but I feel obliged on Sega's behalf to remind you.
I am currently using a Dreamcast keyboard, which is odly connected via a lead to the Sega Dreamcast games console.

So no longer do you need to be a traditionally spoddy PC zealot to acces the net, thank heavens.

This isn't aimed at you, but for the cult of Bill Gates acolytes, this is pretty true:
Comment: "..er its not a games machine.." Reply: "..Arrgghgh!!!! Yes it is yes it is yes it is yes it is!!....(etc)..."

And online playing's shi*e - when will Sega also realise this?
Old 4 Feb 2000, 20:20 (Ref:13181)   #5
Toth
Racer

Toth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I do all my computer-stuff on a pc, including games cos I don't want a console.
I don't understand at all why console's are supposed to be so much better for gaming then a pc (well, price maybe). I don't intend to go slagging of console's now but i hope somebody can explain it to me for a bit, you all seem to be very happy with them console's.

It's not graphics. I've seen those FFIX and X pics in the other topic and it looks good, but nothing a decent pc can't handle.

And besides, all improvements on consoles appear to make then more pc-like, keyboards, internet-connection etc.

Don't beat me up now for appearing to be negative about console's, I'm just trying to find out why they are so beloved.
Old 4 Feb 2000, 21:47 (Ref:13182)   #6
pablo
Rookie

United States
Tulsa, OK, USA
pablo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The main reason I prefer consoles over a pc for gaming is price and size. My PSX and Dreamcast together are smaller and more convient to store than my pentium pc. I already have a TV (of course) and my consoles hook right up to them. No need for a monitor. Which I might add... I have a 27 inch TV. It was about $380.00 and it's a RCA. Try and buy a 27inch monitor for $400.00.
The second thing that "bothers" me about the PC gaming scene is the upgrade factor. Let me explain: I have had my PSX for almost 4 years, and it will play any PSX game that comes out next month or the month after that or... you get the idea. My pc that I have had for about 4 years won't play "a bunch" of games that came out even last year.

I got my Dreamcast 9-9-99 and went online and posted on this forum on the 10 or 11 of September and it worked great.

I think the main comparison between PC's and console's is they both play games. That is where the comparison ends though. Console machines are developed to play games. PC's have a much broader use.

Just keep playing games, its fun, a great stress relief and a way to spend time with family and friends.

Toth, if you have never tried a console you oughta try it, if not that's ok too. There is absolutely nothing wrong with pc gaming (it's huge). Consoles are just cheaper, in the beginning and in the long run.

Old 5 Feb 2000, 19:13 (Ref:13183)   #7
Toth
Racer

Yeah I can get into that. The prize and the neccessity to upgrade are the major disadvantages of a PC. But for someone who wants to do more than just gaming it's the best, so I guess I'm doomed.

I have played on a PS a long time ago and there wasn't really anything wrong with it, but I rather buy a new CPU then a console
Old 14 Feb 2000, 14:32 (Ref:13184)   #8
Toth
Racer

So I ordered my little nephew over for the weekend and told him to pack his palystation and his copy of GT. I didn't get much time to play it though couse little nephews want to play Action Man and Southpark.
So my impressions of console's (or better the Playstation). I don't like the controllers but that can be fixed. The graphix are pathetic, even my rusty PII can do a lot better than that. Besides that there's nothing wrong with it. Happy gaming all!
Old 23 Feb 2000, 00:15 (Ref:13185)   #9
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I own....

PS
Snes
Amiga
Game Boy
Game Boy Colour

Plus we have a PC at home.

And I cannot wait for PS2, although analogue buttons send shivers down my spine.....