Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: FlagMarshal.com MarshalsGuide.com Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Marshals Forum

Old 12 Apr 2009, 22:37 (Ref:2439513)   #1
ChrisA
Veteran

England
Sutton In Ashfield
ChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChrisA should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
BRSCC Silverstone 11/12 April

Nobody mentioned this yet, so here goes. I enjoyed the weekend, with 18 races, the horrible weather conditions, and very good company at Priory. Two good evenings down at the White Horse, and home by 7 o'clock.
Old 13 Apr 2009, 10:33 (Ref:2439715)   #2
PieMan
Seigneur des pâtés en croûte
Racer

England
Bedfordshire
PieMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, a big thank you to everyone who came along.

Congratulations to the raffle winners and hope you all enjoyed your Creme Egg on Easter Sunday.
Old 13 Apr 2009, 10:52 (Ref:2439726)   #3
greenbean
Racer

New Zealand
brierley hill west mids
greenbean should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yes it was a very good meeting . drivers do seem to be having a problem with rolling starts at the moment though
Old 13 Apr 2009, 11:07 (Ref:2439735)   #4
Robin_D
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Warwickshire, UK
Robin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Best meeting this year I think.

I spent two days at Abbey and we were pretty much tested to the limit. In race 1 we had 7 Caterhams that quite liked the look of our corner. With 3 or so marshals it was time to go and mingle to check the drivers were ok. 2 split fuel tanks in that lot too and no injuries.

Was really good fun though!
Old 13 Apr 2009, 15:04 (Ref:2439826)   #5
Alan Green
Veteran

England
Doncaster
Alan Green should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good fun at Brooklands too, plenty of ambition over grip moments, and one last-lap manouvre gone bad, but otherwise a nice weekend.

Chuffin' cold though
Old 13 Apr 2009, 15:51 (Ref:2439848)   #6
Stone-kicker
Racer

England
Stone-kicker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was I at a different meeting?
I thought Sunday was dreadfull, races with 10 or 12 cars on the International circuit for half an hour at a time...

Even the big grids of Caterhams didn't seen to be able to run side by side in the conditions, its coming to something when the best races were Sports 2000.
Old 13 Apr 2009, 21:53 (Ref:2440062)   #7
Robin_D
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Warwickshire, UK
Robin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well the Sunday wasn't as good. Were a couple of races that could have been combined. But it wasn't painful. We only had to wait a few laps until somebody slipped up.
Old 14 Apr 2009, 06:59 (Ref:2440203)   #8
rbs
Veteran

England
northampton
rbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrbs should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone-kicker View Post
I thought Sunday was dreadfull, races with 10 or 12 cars on the International circuit for half an hour at a time...
I could only make it on Saturday but could not understand why the 2 caterham races had not been combined to make one race, The 2 sports car races could also have been combined on the International circuit.
Old 14 Apr 2009, 19:10 (Ref:2440710)   #9
Miss Pebbles
Another Little Teapot
Veteran

England
Hertfordshire
Miss Pebbles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone-kicker View Post
I was at this meeting!!!!

Copse Exit for me, dull as!! But I did have very good company to keep me very well entertained all weekend
Old 14 Apr 2009, 19:41 (Ref:2440732)   #10
kipper
Veteran

England
Leics
kipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridkipper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs View Post
I could only make it on Saturday but could not understand why the 2 caterham races had not been combined to make one race, The 2 sports car races could also have been combined on the International circuit.
The same thought crossed my mind. On the plus point, I did enjoy the Open Sportscar Race and the Caterham Roadsports were entertaining.
Old 14 Apr 2009, 20:06 (Ref:2440757)   #11
Miss Pebbles
Another Little Teapot
Veteran

England
Hertfordshire
Miss Pebbles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The big grids of Caterhams were quite good, and the Sports 2000s were better than most times I've seen them.
On second thoughts, the meeting wasnt so bad, I was just fed up of being wet and cold, especially after spending most of Saturday night awake and shivering! Sunday was definitely a better day, shame the Formula Fords and Fiestas didnt get more track time.
Creme Egg was much appreciated except it was pretty solid when I came to eat it a couple of hours later!