Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 27 May 2006, 06:09 (Ref:1619961)   #51
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Qualifying Here

Interestingly... 6 drivers set faster times in P2 than qualifying (Scott, Pretty, Sharpe, Caruso (did few laps, car issues..??), Neville, Loadsman)

Unfortunately Barry Tanton is the 37th quickest, meaning he will likely miss out on R1.. but may come back for R2 & R3.
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 27 May 2006, 06:58 (Ref:1619969)   #52
00 XR8
Veteran

Australia
South Australia
00 XR8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So much for Nathan Pretty's chances, he was even out qualified by his team-mate.

The pace of Verdnik is a big suprise, maybe he has been out doing some serious testing at Mallala since Adelaide? The Perkins cars are further up than they were in Adelaide also.

Impressive that Youlden could put the car on the second row in just 7 laps, he will win the round IMO.

Last edited by 00 XR8; 27 May 2006 at 07:02.
“Jamie, Jamie, Jamie. What you have to do is you have to say look; the fact of the matter is that I’m red hot, that Todd Kelly is a ******, I have always thought he was, and I was just mowing him down based on ability”. – Neil Crompton talking to Jamie Whincup, post Bathurst 2005.
Old 27 May 2006, 09:38 (Ref:1620046)   #53
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What happened to Dean Savage's entry? I was looking forward to seeing his brand new car go thru its paces...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 27 May 2006, 09:53 (Ref:1620056)   #54
6.213km
Veteran

6.213km should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid6.213km should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Anyone know how much it is to get in on Sunday ?
Old 28 May 2006, 01:25 (Ref:1620498)   #55
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Interesting R1Here

Mr Caruso isnt having fun in the midpack it seems... quite strange considering it is the Decina team's test track... having said that, the driver wasnt so hot there in 2004 in the HYL car either...

Presumably if you dont like a track, you dont choose it for testing?
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 28 May 2006, 01:50 (Ref:1620513)   #56
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just a quick well done to my mate Ben Eggleston. Qualified 28 and got up to P20 in the race. I just hope there isnt too much panel rubbing as I will have more signs to put back on the car

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 28 May 2006, 10:21 (Ref:1620762)   #57
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Siders' didnt go to badly with a 21st in an old Toll AU in his first ever round and with only 1 fully functional leg forcing him to use a hand clutch.
Old 28 May 2006, 23:41 (Ref:1621533)   #58
paddlefoot1397
Rookie

paddlefoot1397 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Caruso had engine problems before qualifying, then brake problems in qualifying which stopped the session. Not so much that the driver doesn't perform well at track, cos he drove his butt off in first 2 races, only to have starter motor problems in 3rd race to record him as a non-starter
Old 29 May 2006, 07:19 (Ref:1621709)   #59
ford boy
Veteran

ford boy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
What happened to Dean Savage's entry? I was looking forward to seeing his brand new car go thru its paces...
Was mentioned at the track that Dean had massive mechanical trouble at a test session in his brand new car just before Wakefield. So he did'nt get to make the meeting.
Old 29 May 2006, 07:25 (Ref:1621711)   #60
ford boy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddlefoot1397
Caruso had engine problems before qualifying, then brake problems in qualifying which stopped the session. Not so much that the driver doesn't perform well at track, cos he drove his butt off in first 2 races, only to have starter motor problems in 3rd race to record him as a non-starter
I don't think it was a starter motor, because he was sitting at the end of pit lane exit because pit lane closed and he was trying to clear the engine because the engine was only running on about 6 cylinders and sounded like a tractor!
Old 29 May 2006, 07:34 (Ref:1621716)   #61
ford boy
Veteran

Jay Verdnik had a shunt at the kink in the front straight on the first lap and whacked the armco and did substantial damage to the front left of the car. He did'nt start race 2 or 3.
Well done to Adam Macrow and Luke Youlden on a great result for both of them.
Poor Scott Loadsman blew an engine in race 3 and dropped oil down the main straight and down through turn 1, resulting in many cars spearing off into the wilderness down at turn 1.
Old 29 May 2006, 08:42 (Ref:1621759)   #62
pete60
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane
pete60 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good to see some new names...Ben Falk, Dean Neville... and some not so new names returning, like Terry Wyhoon and Matthew Hunt. Great to see WW doing so well!

It was fantastic to see an oversubscribed grid, with more to come. The Protechnica entry is yet to appear...hopefully this will be at QR?

Can anyone tell me about Ben Falk? I assume he is related ( son?) of John Falk of GTP fame. Anyone know the history of the car?

I see Aaron McGill is Ford mounted this year...is this the ex Fernandez/BJR car?
Old 29 May 2006, 09:02 (Ref:1621768)   #63
ford boy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete60

Can anyone tell me about Ben Falk? I assume he is related ( son?) of John Falk of GTP fame. Anyone know the history of the car?
I saw John Falk hanging around the pit garages on sunday so must be related.
i was sitting down at turn 1 and Ben lost it quite a few times going off the circuit spinning but could rejoin. Good to see young guys having a go though.
The history of the car i was curious myself. The chassis i'm guessing is either a ex-DJR or ex-Briggs/888 car, as the roll cage is painted yellow like those cars were.
Old 29 May 2006, 09:59 (Ref:1621812)   #64
Fairlane GTA
Rookie

New Zealand
Parnell
Fairlane GTA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ford boy
I don't think it was a starter motor, because he was sitting at the end of pit lane exit because pit lane closed and he was trying to clear the engine because the engine was only running on about 6 cylinders and sounded like a tractor!
+1 on that. That engine definitely sounded ill.
Old 29 May 2006, 10:41 (Ref:1621846)   #65
Mr_Cool
Racer

Australia
Sydney
Mr_Cool should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Trust me, it was a starter motor

Quote taken directly from the V8 Website

"But that mattered for little as the starter motor failure, coupled with yesterday’s braking malfunction, manifested a forgettable weekend for the team."

Team press release.

Last edited by Mr_Cool; 29 May 2006 at 10:46.
Old 29 May 2006, 11:20 (Ref:1621873)   #66
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
I see Aaron McGill is Ford mounted this year...is this the ex Fernandez/BJR car?
I thought this was an ex-Howard PWR-built car...
#CANCERSUCKS
Old 29 May 2006, 11:23 (Ref:1621877)   #67
Fairlane GTA
Rookie

New Zealand
Parnell
Fairlane GTA should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Cool
Trust me, it was a starter motor
Mr_Cool, were you there or are you just going off the press release? I'm not trying to rubbish you here, so don't go off, but to those who heard it, it sounded bleahhh.

They probably were not allowed to start the race because it would not start under its own power, but I believe the starter was not the real culprit here.

The press release probably means that the starter motor is a failure because it couldn't turn the engine fast enough to start it in its unwell state.

Just read some of the press releases, I reckon some of the people writing these must have day jobs in Canberra
Old 29 May 2006, 11:42 (Ref:1621886)   #68
bondy_racing
Racer

Australia
Sydney,NSW,Australia
bondy_racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic
I thought this was an ex-Howard PWR-built car...
Im Pretty sure its the Ex FTR car Brian Walden was trying to sell up until recently.
#28 Arrow Australia, Hurst Race Engines, Kart One Racing, Sik-Fx Helmet Painting
Old 29 May 2006, 12:07 (Ref:1621907)   #69
pete60
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane
pete60 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
McGill ran an ex PWR with Howard in 2004 but all those cars have gone to new homes. Bondy, it could be the Silver Streak...the one photo on the supercar website seems to show a silver cage.
Old 29 May 2006, 12:14 (Ref:1621912)   #70
Mr_Cool
Racer

Australia
Sydney
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairlane GTA
Mr_Cool, were you there or are you just going off the press release?

Yeh mate, i was there up on the hill looking through the fog, also spoke to Mr Caruso, but yes his car did sound very ill. Heard it through the commentry microphone of Barry Oliver, Yeh also, If you get a push start, You won't be allowed out, Car needs to go on it's own steam.
Old 29 May 2006, 12:16 (Ref:1621913)   #71
Mr_Cool
Racer

Australia
Sydney
Quote:
McGill ran an ex PWR with Howard in 2004 but all those cars have gone to new homes. Bondy, it could be the Silver Streak...the one photo on the supercar website seems to show a silver cage.

Wasn't McGill in the black AU/BA falcon with the silver stripes?

Last edited by Mr_Cool; 29 May 2006 at 12:22.
Old 29 May 2006, 12:28 (Ref:1621920)   #72
Mr_Cool
Racer

Australia
Sydney
Macrow was amazing in race 3, had the scanner on the team radio, Very professional
Old 29 May 2006, 13:10 (Ref:1621976)   #73
davester
Racer

davester should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Caruso car sure sounded like misfiring engine from about 10ft away. Car was definitely running at pit exit, just very badly. Was pushed back after being shut down I think.
Bad luck for a very professional outfit. They'll bounce back.
Old 30 May 2006, 09:44 (Ref:1622761)   #74
Harves
Racer

Tonga
Melbourne
Harves should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Pretty was impressive in that old dunger he's driving, bit more grunt and he'll be right.
Old 30 May 2006, 13:45 (Ref:1622964)   #75
ford boy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Cool
Macrow was amazing in race 3, had the scanner on the team radio, Very professional
Yes i was listening to team radio as well. Sounded like Adam was doing it very easy. Luke Youlden was also very calm on the radio to.