Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 3 May 2013, 11:07 (Ref:3242067)   #1
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
NASCAR Cup Round 10: Aaron's 499-Talladega Superspeedway

Plate racing..................
It'll be great until they all crash. I'll beat we get the big one with less than 20 laps to go.

JAYSKI
Old 3 May 2013, 12:08 (Ref:3242100)   #2
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm thinking it will be a Monday race with the rain that's predicted.
Old 4 May 2013, 02:26 (Ref:3242442)   #3
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sweet! Four hours of the Waltrips with no racing!
Old 4 May 2013, 05:33 (Ref:3242484)   #4
MCWB
Veteran

MCWB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Sweet! Four hours of the Waltrips with no racing!
Boogity boogity boogity, let's not go racing boys! (And Danica).
Old 4 May 2013, 21:27 (Ref:3242903)   #5
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
With the entire southeast sopped in by rain, q-ing has been cancelled or abandoned if it was Grand Am. Wait, same thing. Hope the weather tomorrow proves good enough to get at least one race in.
Old 4 May 2013, 21:33 (Ref:3242905)   #6
codename_47
Veteran

United Kingdom
Coventry/Birmingham
codename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcodename_47 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
*sigh* By the time this Nationwide race gets going I bet Motors TV's satellite time will have run out
Old 5 May 2013, 15:11 (Ref:3243109)   #7
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Howdy,

Any word on the weather situation? Still a 80-90% risk of rain/thunderstorms?
Old 5 May 2013, 16:18 (Ref:3243128)   #8
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyfan View Post
Howdy,

Any word on the weather situation? Still a 80-90% risk of rain/thunderstorms?
Quote:
Rain could be an issue at Talladega on Sunday: The radar for the Talladega area looks good late in the morning and the race looks like it will start on time. As the afternoon moves along, rain is expected around 2:30pm/et. The halfway point of the race is lap 94, which would make it an official race.
The forecast from the National Weather Service for today: A slight chance of showers, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm after 2:00pm/et. High near 62. Light and variable wind becoming west 10 to 15 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
For Monday, May 6th: Showers likely. Cloudy, with a high near 56. Southwest wind around 5 mph becoming calm in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 70%. It falls to 20% on Tuesday.
NASCAR has the Air Titan track drying system at the track and it was a big help getting the track dry on Saturday for the Nationwide race.
There are no lights at the track, see weather links on my Talladega Race Info page - weather section.

And this...

Quote:
TIME SHIFT — NASCAR officials have moved up the green-flag time for the Aaron’s 499 at Talladega Superspeedway from 1:19 p.m. ET to 1:07 p.m., in hopes of getting the race in — or at least most of it — before the rains arrive.

The good news is the weather forecast has improved substantially. According to weather.com, the rains are not expected to start until about 5 p.m. ET, which would allow the race to go full distance or close to it, depending on caution flags. Keep your fingers crossed, race fans.

Last edited by HJJ; 5 May 2013 at 16:29.
Old 5 May 2013, 18:01 (Ref:3243157)   #9
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
MJ_N_09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The FOX coverage, absolutely dreadful. More commercials than the race coverage. We missed the big one cause of it.
Old 5 May 2013, 18:59 (Ref:3243180)   #10
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
rustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridrustyfan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Never thought I'd say this but... bring back tandem racing. As much as I disliked it, it was more fun than this. Reminds me of the 2000 Daytona 500.

Of course it doesn't help that Kenseth's Toyota is extremely strong.
Old 5 May 2013, 19:57 (Ref:3243216)   #11
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
More rain on NE AL brings a red flag. Track drying under way.

Plate racing and FOX are annoying. Almost as much as the Waltrips..
Old 5 May 2013, 20:10 (Ref:3243225)   #12
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Guess they don't Montoya hitting as many jet dryers in the future. I switch over to get a special on the new blade dryers??
Old 5 May 2013, 21:28 (Ref:3243256)   #13
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
They've gone way passed half distance, the place is under siege from showers, they should call it now. They must've interviewed all 43 drivers twice at this point.
Old 5 May 2013, 21:32 (Ref:3243257)   #14
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I feel I know Clint Bowyer more than I know my own brother at this point.
Old 5 May 2013, 22:45 (Ref:3243279)   #15
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Why call it if they can finish it - push record & watch it later. I sure dont want this to be the end result... NASCAR run races as long as they want, will only call it if it is still raining on Wednesday
Old 5 May 2013, 22:57 (Ref:3243281)   #16
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
Montoya's car was unable to restart Moisture got into a component needed to start the engine. Lost at least 1 lap.

On a happy note, we are about to go back green after about 3 hours, 36 minutes.

Last edited by MJ_N_09; 5 May 2013 at 23:03.
Old 5 May 2013, 23:11 (Ref:3243286)   #17
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
"electronical problems"
Old 5 May 2013, 23:34 (Ref:3243291)   #18
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So Ambrose is in the mix with a pit stop to come - i expect his team to mess something up, fingers crossed they dont...
Old 5 May 2013, 23:42 (Ref:3243292)   #19
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
Caution with 15 to go - gonna get wild now...
Old 5 May 2013, 23:45 (Ref:3243294)   #20
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
I find it strange nobody dares moving Kenseth out of the way while he sure doesn't have a problem moving others.

Thank **** we got the caution.
Old 6 May 2013, 00:10 (Ref:3243301)   #21
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
These are the days I hate NASCAR.
Old 6 May 2013, 00:12 (Ref:3243302)   #22
rustyfan
Veteran

Sweden
Hahaha oh yes, this made it all worth the wait - what a finish, way to go David Ragan!

Edit - Haha holy crap, I can't stop smiling. Simply fantastic.
Old 6 May 2013, 00:15 (Ref:3243303)   #23
MJ_N_09
Veteran

United States
HAHAHAAH! That's for all the people who said Ragan had no talent!!!!!!!!! That is an upset 1-2 finish for Front Row motorsports.

They really deserve this one. This was their only chance to have a great run and they came through. I am so happy for the team.

And uh.......Stenhouse caused the wreck that took Danica and a bunch of other people out of this.....ohhhh boy.....
Old 6 May 2013, 00:21 (Ref:3243306)   #24
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
The Unadilla Guerrilla juked Carl and then gave him a little bump up the hill. Great driving from him and what a finish. Glad to see a little guy back in victory lane, again.

Glad I found something else to do for most of the afternoon and then came back for the finish. Congrats to Front Row. That is awesome.
Old 6 May 2013, 00:27 (Ref:3243307)   #25
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Stenhouse is in trouble tonight. Princess is not happy. I would'nt be surprised if Ricky reappeared next week with a black eye.

Great to see the big boys unseated with a late charge from Ragan. Kenseth was very strong but that didn't count for much in the end.