Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Hillclimb and Sprint

Old 3 Sep 2004, 11:23 (Ref:1085783)   #26
james_williams
Racer

james_williams should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for all your comments on this and the insight into the Jordan Car. One I never got to see before it was destroyed.

Cheers
Old 3 Sep 2004, 12:30 (Ref:1085858)   #27
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by crazystu
. . . You're obviously a hillclimb fan but this forum has no place for wind-up merchants!!
Surely you mean that the forum only has a place for wind-up merchants?

And, as Fireblade says, this coming from you Stuart.

Regards

Jim
Old 3 Sep 2004, 13:01 (Ref:1085891)   #28
Fireblade
Racer

Fireblade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by crazystu
must have been real low to have been under the feet of a bassett hound!!!
The pedant in me would like to point out that the feet of a Bassett are no lower than the feet of a giraffe.

Not that we see many giraffes in motorsport.
Old 3 Sep 2004, 14:36 (Ref:1085973)   #29
abigail
Racer

abigail should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanks for support folks! I would not have started if I thought wind-ups were not allowed!! Calm down Stu, no offence meant, but having viewed Fireblade and JimW's comments I viewed some of your posts. They are correct and I am merely your apprentice in respect of wind-up activity. We offer our respects to you! The boss is firing up the massive motorhome and we are about to enter the highways with the hoi-polloi. We look forward to a wonderful weekend on the hill with you all and will maintain forum silence until Monday. Pip-pip love Abigail.

PS [Quote]you gonna admit to who you really are or maintain this charade??? [endquote]

The charade will be maintained!
Old 3 Sep 2004, 15:25 (Ref:1086008)   #30
JimW
Veteran

United Kingdom
Worcestershire, UK
JimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJimW should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Bassett hounds are obviously better that cockroaches at this typing thing. They can use the shift key for a start.

Jim
Old 27 Sep 2004, 14:13 (Ref:1108343)   #31
don_ham
Rookie

don_ham should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
John Gray destroyed his 58 V10 at the opening round of the scottish hillclimb championship at doune in about i think 94 i was there! after that he just packed up
Old 17 Dec 2004, 19:41 (Ref:1182071)   #32
Steve Wilkinson
Veteran

United Kingdom
Southport
Steve Wilkinson is a back marker
SPA chassis

The original starting point was the V10 John Gray car. The hillclimb at Craigantlet saw JACKIE HARRIS the very talented Irish driver in the car. Gray had started with an MP58 but after a shunt it was re-tubbed by SPA. This was eventually shunted again and Mr Gray departed to pastures new.

The Turnbull connection came about when he drove John Beattie's SPA. This single seater chassis started life with a two-litre BD engine in it and various drivers including Christian Mineef drove it alongside Beattie. John then got his hands on a Judd V8 and dumped the BD and ran the Judd. This car was driven quiet a lot by Turnbull but had various other worthies at the helm including Phil Jefferies who drove the Rotax mentioned above. As far as I know Beattie still has the car.

The SPA SC002 was built for David Render who had a Hart 2.8 installed. This engine was then replaced with a Judd and Christian Mineef bought the car. As mentioned earlier Matthew Harrison and his Dad Tony bought the car this year.

The other Turnbull connection was the SPA chassis that was built to replace the MP50 that Rob Welch shunted at Barbon. This car with another Judd V8 (3 litre ex F3000) was run by Welch but his injuries after the Barbon off led him to sell the car to Turnbull. Bill Bristow bought the car for the engine and gearbox which went into the Ralt. The chassis went to John Forsythe who now runs it wth a Rover V8 installed.

The fianl SPA chassis was an MP58 clone that was built for John Payne to fit a load of bits to. This car with its Judd V8 was the most powerful car in the sprint championship lifting its front wheels off the ground at the start. John now has the car for sale.

Old 18 Dec 2004, 10:13 (Ref:1182423)   #33
DaveK
Racer

England
Whitchurch
DaveK should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvmnt
Don't know where the car went after that. Good old Shelsley, take no prisoners!
IIRC the car ended up going to a restaurant in the far east as a wall ornament.

Dave
Old 15 Mar 2013, 18:11 (Ref:3219006)   #34
Richard barnes
Rookie

Richard barnes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
spa chassis

John Gray is retired now . Was selling trucks in scotland for a while .Spa made a stonking stiff chassis for him and to replace his floppy Pilbeam mp58 one . He had a brand new judd v10 which he owned not leased . He spent a boat load of money on all sorts of stuff at that time . Ray Rowan did his best to guide him though but John liked nice kit .
Success eluded him on the track really and he lost interest basically . I dont recall who bought the chassis eventually but the engine went to somebody in scotland into an old Arrows f1 car .
Old 15 Mar 2013, 18:21 (Ref:3219009)   #35
Richard barnes
Rookie

Richard barnes should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
THE SPA Sports car was built for David Render , who provided a brand new 420 Hart engine . The tub was a heavily revised Tiga sports 2000 chassis . It was designed with Ray Rowan ,s input and had an 88 ins wheel base . Really trickey to drive but very fast . David struggled with it and Ray put a v10 judd in it and Mineef bought it . Harrisons had it a while but now somebody in somerset has it I believe.
Old 19 Mar 2013, 13:12 (Ref:3221160)   #36
david.seaton
Rookie

Scotland
Eddleston
david.seaton should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I seem to recall that John Gray's disappearance from the scene was somewhat more complex than simply losing interest.
The engine ended up with Ron Cumming.
The SPA Judd sports car is now owned by Chris Cannell.
Old 20 Mar 2013, 21:25 (Ref:3221942)   #37
Ardmore Racing
Rookie

Ardmore Racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by david.seaton View Post
The SPA Judd sports car is now owned by Chris Cannell.
The sports car has changed hands in the past few days, and is now living near Newbury. It should be back on the hills this season.
Old 21 Apr 2013, 19:12 (Ref:3237474)   #38
poynter97
Rookie

United Kingdom
West Berks
poynter97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great to see the SPA Judd at Gurston Down today, sounded and looked great and was apparently still running the same tires that it set the class record on at Gurston before Nic Mann set a new record in his mannic beattie. Also good to see two of my local competitors competing in the car.