Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Sep 2013, 18:38 (Ref:3299008)   #26
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
What was this thread about again.......?
Leather, whip and German soldiers...

Oh sorry, something about FIA and a new president... yeah, similar things.

The point is, Jean Todt doesn't like the spotlight and this is boring.
Old 4 Sep 2013, 18:43 (Ref:3299011)   #27
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Sweeping, but I'll grant you probably accurate......
Old 5 Sep 2013, 07:02 (Ref:3299240)   #28
ensign14
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Deception Island
ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!ensign14 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Brabham didn't win the Constructors in '81 or '83, when Piquet won both those WDCs, that went to Williams and Ferrari respectively. McLaren won 10 Constructors Championships under Dennis. You're right he is very clever at getting backing, you just have to look at how he put the whole TAG/Porsche deal together. Any way, I digress, .
To Bernie, titles were less important than money, I reckon. Brabham would surely have won the 1976 title - which went to a 3 year old car - had they not dropped Cosworth for Alfa. And maybe some of the following years' titles as well. Plus had Bernie been bothered about the constructors' title he wouldn't have had Rebaque as anything higher than a number 37.
Old 5 Sep 2013, 07:25 (Ref:3299248)   #29
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Was a reasonably interesting thread until it was hijacked.

By folk that really ought to know better

Was interested to read in Bernie's book that he was one minute for Mosley after the Nazi thing, then one minute against, it was changing all the time, and I think Max really did come very close to getting the boot.

Not sure whta would have happened then as Hodt was still at Ferrari I think!
Old 7 Sep 2013, 15:37 (Ref:3300203)   #30
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
It's really annoying when this piece of news got put in the "F1" section of Autosport, so I would echo what others have said that I hope that whoever comes in does good for motorsport in general.

Todt's legacy will be a great one for me. We have a world championship in the four great disciplines once again; single seaters, touring cars, rallying and sports cars.

Heaven knows that some of those Championships, especially rallying, is in a terrible state. But the fact all four actually exist in this financial climate is something.

I hope whoever comes in ensures there's greater harmony between them all. F1 is trying to be too many things at once. Road car relevance is a red herring; we have touring cars and endurance racing for that. I hope F1 becomes about driving a car hell-for-leather again. F1 has survived for 60 years perfectly well without being relevant.
Old 7 Sep 2013, 15:53 (Ref:3300204)   #31
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
Was a reasonably interesting thread until it was hijacked.

By folk that really ought to know better
Off topic comment alert
I have to type this or my brain will explode!

We are soooo sorry.

Thanks for reading, you've been a wonderful audience. Don't forget to try the veal and tip your waitress. We now return you to the topic
Old 7 Sep 2013, 22:39 (Ref:3300316)   #32
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Jean Todt has said he is going to seek another term as FIA president.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/109740
Old 8 Sep 2013, 08:50 (Ref:3300422)   #33
ArnageWRC
Racer

UK-ROI
Nord Ouest Ingleterre
ArnageWRC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingers4Justice View Post
It's really annoying when this piece of news got put in the "F1" section of Autosport, so I would echo what others have said that I hope that whoever comes in does good for motorsport in general.

Todt's legacy will be a great one for me. We have a world championship in the four great disciplines once again; single seaters, touring cars, rallying and sports cars.

Heaven knows that some of those Championships, especially rallying, is in a terrible state. But the fact all four actually exist in this financial climate is something.

I hope whoever comes in ensures there's greater harmony between them all. F1 is trying to be too many things at once. Road car relevance is a red herring; we have touring cars and endurance racing for that. I hope F1 becomes about
driving a car hell-for-leather again. F1 has survived for 60 years perfectly well without being relevant.
It's viewed by the mainstream as the F1 President, as all they cover is Bernie's circus. When the last election took place, 5 Live had a discussion, and the presenter had no idea who Ari Vatanen was.

I'd give Todt another 4 years - he's been much less 'hands on' which I actually think is what should happen; rather than the constant meddling of Max. He also brought about the return of a Sportscar world championship; the WEC, so is still in credit for that. However, his attempts to fix the WRC don't seem to be working.
At least JT realises F1 isn't the be all & end all of Motorsport - which I think annoys Bernie.....
Old 9 Sep 2013, 08:07 (Ref:3300863)   #34
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
An interesting article from Joe Saward on David Ward's proposals for the FIA. It would involve a restructuring of the organisation and that there would be international standards applied to financial accounting along with standards regarding bribery and corruption.

Seems to me the new president should be a combination of Todt and Ward.

http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2013/...-wards-agenda/
Old 9 Sep 2013, 13:48 (Ref:3301004)   #35
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Good, good ! Candidates always have good ideas in paper.
Old 9 Sep 2013, 18:08 (Ref:3301096)   #36
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
An interesting article from Joe Saward on David Ward's proposals for the FIA. It would involve a restructuring of the organisation and that there would be international standards applied to financial accounting along with standards regarding bribery and corruption.

Seems to me the new president should be a combination of Todt and Ward.

http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2013/...-wards-agenda/
I'm surprised the FIA don't already publish their annual accounts that conform to International Accounting Standards.
Old 9 Sep 2013, 19:28 (Ref:3301138)   #37
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Now think about FIFA and IOC...
Old 9 Sep 2013, 19:33 (Ref:3301143)   #38
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Now think about FIFA and IOC...
Indeed.
Old 10 Sep 2013, 14:58 (Ref:3301505)   #39
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Todt attacked over ethics.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/109798