Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 9 Nov 2015, 23:16 (Ref:3589368)   #26
Sultan
Veteran

Australia
Brisvegas, Australia
Sultan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Cmon really, we had the Marcos hype for 6 months at least, nothing Brock ever did compares.

Nobody was ******* on about how Brock was going to win the series and wipe the floor with the existing champ...

I think you'll find that's only because we didn't have internet forums back then...
Old 13 Nov 2015, 22:58 (Ref:3590251)   #27
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Australia's leading newspaper The Exagerator, is reporting that - that Ambrose is retiring from all forms of Motorsport. Ambrose has turned down a number of offers to drive cars in various forms.

"There is nothing on the table right now-I'll be racing something, but just not at a professional level", he said.
"I might turn up st Latrobe Speedway this weekend and race under an alias-who knows"

Maybe he will get a start in the Geoff Stagg memorial for super sedanson Boxing night at Carrick speedway?
Old 14 Nov 2015, 02:37 (Ref:3590269)   #28
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm a bit disgusted at how he has treated his fans which greeted his "comeback" with such interest.

He could have just come out and told us....
Old 14 Nov 2015, 02:40 (Ref:3590271)   #29
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
I'm a bit disgusted at how he has treated his fans which greeted his "comeback" with such interest.

He could have just come out and told us....
Are you his fan? I dont remember you ever being one.
Old 14 Nov 2015, 02:55 (Ref:3590275)   #30
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Are you his fan? I dont remember you ever being one.
I wasn't a fan of the hot headed whinger back in the day but I followed his exploits in the US, and I was very interested to see how a guy with so much experience would go in V8s, but we never really got to see it.

His performances at Adelaide and Bathurst left me wondering what else he could have done had he stuck with it.

All we saw was a guy who clearly shouldn't have bothered coming back, his effort was lukewarm and his PR even worse.
Old 14 Nov 2015, 03:22 (Ref:3590276)   #31
one five five
Veteran

one five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridone five five should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
All we saw was a guy who clearly shouldn't have bothered coming back, his effort was lukewarm and his PR even worse.
And yet all i saw was a guy who realised coming back wasn't what he thought it would be, and sought the best way to not hinder the team in the long run ny stepping out of the seat despite the pressure he would have been under to continue....

Its all about perspective.
Old 14 Nov 2015, 05:25 (Ref:3590282)   #32
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We haven't had the tin foil hat theory yet. Penske wanted a name in Oz to kick start the team so he asked Ambrose if he wanted to be part of the initial start up. Ambrose wanted to return to Oz so he did a deal to be a name for the first year and then walk away.
Old 15 Nov 2015, 09:38 (Ref:3590559)   #33
Accident
Veteran

Accident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAccident should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I wasn't able to watch when he raced in V8SC the first time, and while I don't really care for NASCAR I do watch the road races and sorta became... not necessarily a "fan" but I sorta liked the guy and was looking forward to seeing him return and re-acclimate himself to the series.

This whole thing has ended up as a disappointing joke. The hype and all that stuff isn't really his fault, but the early exit and vague talk about the future was very disappointing and comes off looking like a really half-assed effort on his part thanks to the way it was handled and the timing of events.

While they don't care what I think, I would have a much higher opinion of the effort if there was some more transparency. If he had just flat said what he was going through or what his feeling was it would make it a lot easier to be understanding/sympathetic. Instead, we just got all this "yeah I'll be back, not sure when" and "we are considering options" and stuff, which again was partly from the media blowing it all up, but they could have stepped in and said something so it didn't look like the team was just trying to figure out a vague way to spin things to avoid panic.

Being in the US I can't see the V8 Extra (or whatever it's called) and I miss some of the pre-event and post-event stuff, but in all the interviews I saw with him (or the others in the team about him), none of them felt honest or genuine or like he wanted to speak his mind and be straight with the fans. Again, part of that will be the team not wanting to say too much, but I'm not talking flat out saying he would/would not be back, but at least some effort to give us something about how things were standing or where they were heading or whatever would have made it feel a bit less dodgy. Instead we just got a shrug and talk about how Scotty was doing a good job. Sure, there is a lot of "we are trying to" and "well we can't say anything yet, but something is shaping up" kind of statements from a lot of people that come to nothing, but sometimes they can at least feel like the team is trying to be open and share something and I never felt like we got any of that with this... ordeal.

If they don't make any effort to stop the speculation by providing some kind of answer or straight update, then it's really no surprise we have some pretty harsh comments about the whole thing.
Old 15 Nov 2015, 17:08 (Ref:3590619)   #34
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You do have to give him credit for essentially starting from zero after coming back from Europe and being successful in V8SC and then going to the USA and making some money despite not being a big race winner in the USA.

But the last year has been a total waste of space and I'm not sure what he was thinking. But it's all done now and everyone is relieved. The spotlight will fade away, he'll be forgotten soon and he can go and do whatever else he wants to do with his life and be a regular person. I don't believe all that baloney he can be commercially involved with DJR/Penske and blah blah. That's just nice PR speak, he'll never be seen again.
Old 17 Nov 2015, 08:44 (Ref:3590968)   #35
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Will this mean Mr Johnson of the Junior variety will return to co-driving next year?
Old 17 Nov 2015, 08:58 (Ref:3590973)   #36
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
I wonder if we might see Ambrose link up with Ross Stone and do some GT racing...
Old 17 Nov 2015, 19:53 (Ref:3591102)   #37
Starion13
Rookie

Starion13 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
^^^ That would be good to watch.
Old 3 Aug 2016, 08:15 (Ref:3663193)   #38
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Perhaps he will go late model sedan racing in Tasmania over the 2016/17 speedway season?
Old 3 Aug 2016, 09:32 (Ref:3663200)   #39
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
There's been talk of the promotors trying to get him into cars down there.

I hear he does spectate as time allows, though.