Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 1 Jun 2017, 12:12 (Ref:3737917)   #1626
Scorchess
Racer

Scorchess has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Those quotes really do not leave much to the imagination if that translation is correct. They are explicitly talking about building a new engine rather than rebadging one.

Rebellion have previously said they are looking at a 2019 return to LMP1, starting work on an engine for that now seems timely.
Old 7 Jun 2017, 17:35 (Ref:3739309)   #1627
chernaudi
Veteran

United States
Mansfield, Ohio
chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!chernaudi has a real shot at the championship!
Rebellion won't run Watkins Glen, citing late delivery of their spare car from Oreca.
Old 11 Dec 2017, 18:58 (Ref:3786347)   #1628
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Autosport are reporting that Lotterer and Jani may join Rebellion for WEC next year. Woo!

https://www.autosport.com/wec/news/1...r-porsche-exit

It’s all falling nicely for Rebbelion. Shame they had a year off LMP1, but the actual competition in LMP2 probably did them good.
Old 11 Dec 2017, 21:08 (Ref:3786377)   #1629
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Really hope it's going to be Oreca-Judd! But I'd be fine with Zytek too as long as they're there
Old 11 Dec 2017, 21:16 (Ref:3786381)   #1630
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
This is amazing news if true. That is going to be a stellar lineup if they add these guys and keep on the likes of Senna and Piquet etc.
Old 11 Dec 2017, 21:19 (Ref:3786383)   #1631
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That'll be 9x confirmed LMP1s then, with ??? maybe still coming and any theoretical additional for LM
Old 11 Dec 2017, 21:21 (Ref:3786387)   #1632
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiana View Post
That'll be 9x confirmed LMP1s then, with ??? maybe still coming and any theoretical additional for LM
Are you counting the yet-to-be-announced 3-car Ginetta purchase?
Old 11 Dec 2017, 21:26 (Ref:3786388)   #1633
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Are you counting the yet-to-be-announced 3-car Ginetta purchase?
No but I'm still not sure if it's part of one of the existing packages and why they haven't announced it

BUT you are right of course I probably should

2x Toyota
2x Rebellion
2x SMP-ART
1x Manor
1x Dragonspeed
1x Kolles
= 9x

+
2x TBA Ginetta ??? (the third a test mule / spare?)
= 11x

Guess theoretical third Toyota and theoretical second CLM are also possible
Old 11 Dec 2017, 21:31 (Ref:3786392)   #1634
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
No but I'm still not sure if it's part of one of the existing packages and why they haven't announced it

BUT you are right of course I probably should

2x Toyota
2x Rebellion
2x SMP-ART
1x Manor
1x Dragonspeed
1x Kolles
= 9x

+
2x TBA Ginetta ??? (the third a test mule / spare?)
= 11x

Guess theoretical third Toyota and theoretical second CLM are also possible

Think Toyota effectively said no 3rd car somewhere recently? Can't recall where I may have saw that
Old 11 Dec 2017, 21:35 (Ref:3786396)   #1635
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Lots of names in the mix here...

http://www.dailysportscar.com/2017/1...ec-effort.html
Old 11 Dec 2017, 21:47 (Ref:3786399)   #1636
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcarr6 View Post
Think Toyota effectively said no 3rd car somewhere recently? Can't recall where I may have saw that
Think they implied it being 'highly unlikely' but not totally out of question?
Old 11 Dec 2017, 22:20 (Ref:3786405)   #1637
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Think they implied it being 'highly unlikely' but not totally out of question?
You are probably right, I dont remember even where I read it.

Honestly cant see why Toyota would enter a third car for LM, surely they should be ok for a win on pace and fuel mileage as long as their two cars dont mess up... hahaha
Old 11 Dec 2017, 22:28 (Ref:3786406)   #1638
Damian Baldi
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentina
Damian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDamian Baldi should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Woow great news ! I hope to hear about an Oreca-Judd too.
Old 11 Dec 2017, 22:55 (Ref:3786409)   #1639
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:

Honestly cant see why Toyota would enter a third car for LM, surely they should be ok for a win on pace and fuel mileage as long as their two cars dont mess up... hahaha
Peugeot made Audi look like a laughing stock with 3+1 cars in 2010 yet lost all of them... Porsche had 13 lap lead over LMP2 last year and even with obvious cruise mode still DNF'ed only to barely win with the other car... you can never be too sure what'll happen so you better be prepared. Especially knowing Toyota's history lol. Winning the "teams championship" will mean nothing to them so there literally is only one goal

Anyway yes Zytek and Judd are the only realistic options for Rebellion... surely they won't want AER ever again, Mecachrome and Nissan seem to be exclusive for Ginetta and Kolles respectively, and that DTM option seems bit too weird for anyone to really pick up
Old 11 Dec 2017, 23:29 (Ref:3786416)   #1640
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Mecachrome in not exclusive for Ginetta - NISMO is not exclusive for ByKolles
Old 11 Dec 2017, 23:30 (Ref:3786417)   #1641
Graham Goodwin
Veteran

United Kingdom
Epsom UK
Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!Graham Goodwin is going for a new world record!
Quote:

The quote I had from Toyota is that a 3rd car was "less likely than ever before"
Old 11 Dec 2017, 23:52 (Ref:3786422)   #1642
Deleted
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post
What about this?

http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....postcount=1033
Old 12 Dec 2017, 07:01 (Ref:3786479)   #1643
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Judd!
For once I'm with you on that. Really want to hear that V10 in person if at all possible.
Old 12 Dec 2017, 09:24 (Ref:3786498)   #1644
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I would love to have a big V10 tearing around as well but I'm going with ORECA-NISMO.
Old 12 Dec 2017, 09:58 (Ref:3786501)   #1645
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Goodwin View Post
Thanks for clarifying this.......it seems multiple engine combinations are now available to all new LMP1 teams......nice!

I would like to see the Judd V10 for Rebellion......but like I said before, it will need a direct injection conversion to make it competitive in terms of BSFC's and general fuel consumption, which is a big undertaking, new pistons, new cylinder heads, possibly new con-rods........it would be a stretch to get all that ready for the first round at Silverstone........I seem to remember they are also changing from 90 degrees to 72 degrees, so its a completely new engine????

So on that basis they might go for something readily available and off the shelf, so NISMO-Cosworth V6 would be logical......or the mechachrome V6.......
Old 12 Dec 2017, 12:58 (Ref:3786538)   #1646
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Goodness, I only sent my Christmas list to Santa a couple of days ago, and he's already (unofficially) delivered!

The cagey non-committal responses from Oreca, when asked about a potential 2018 LMP1 programme, make more sense now. Assuming the car will be designed and built by Oreca, it will be a Rebellion (R-Two?), not an off the shelf chassis available to other teams, which is why Dragonspeed were forced to go with a different solution.

Given Bart's various comments over the years, I think Rebellion will avoid any of the turbocharged engine options. And, much as I'd like to experience the aural delights of the big AIM-Judd trackside, my gut feeling, based mainly on the short lead time, is that Rebellion will go with the Gibson engine. I assume (with my very limited knowledge) that with Oreca already working closely with Gibson in LMP2, and the GL458 being 'based' on the P2 engine, that the installation would have at least some carry over and be a more straightforward installation, in terms of not needing a complete redesign over the P2 installation.

Rumoured driver line-up is just amazing!
Old 12 Dec 2017, 13:01 (Ref:3786540)   #1647
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
knighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridknighty should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Rebellion-Nissan-Ginetta.......surely this was the deal where Ginetta sold their first 3 cars.......I cant see Rebellion stitching together a WEC deal in December, even they know it needed to be done 3-4 months ago......which is probably what they did.......all makes sense now
Old 12 Dec 2017, 13:11 (Ref:3786543)   #1648
Mike E
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by knighty View Post
Rebellion-Nissan-Ginetta.......surely this was the deal where Ginetta sold their first 3 cars.......I cant see Rebellion stitching together a WEC deal in December, even they know it needed to be done 3-4 months ago......which is probably what they did.......all makes sense now
That could be a good call.

Although if you were going with the Ginetta then surely the Mecachrome is the low risk engine option.

PS: we don't know anything!

Last edited by Mike E; 12 Dec 2017 at 13:30.
Old 12 Dec 2017, 13:52 (Ref:3786555)   #1649
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by knighty View Post
You could be right, but I really don't think so...

'Asked if Rebellion would purchase a chassis from either Ginetta or BR Engineering, which launched its new BR1 in Bahrain, Hayden replied: "I think we would want our own car".'

'Hayden said he favoured using a normally-aspirated engine after Rebellion's experiences with the AER turbo unit in 2015-16.'

The above quotes are from from an Autosport article published less than a month ago.

Fun speculating, but we'll know for sure in the next 24-48 hours.
Old 12 Dec 2017, 16:29 (Ref:3786590)   #1650
knighty
Veteran

England
Essex
the AER turbo engine was far more successful for Rebellion than that manky old NA Toyota V8 which could not pull the skin off a rice pudding, but for sure they had reliability issues with the AER, i'm not saying the AER was perfect, but it was better than the NA Toyota V8, much better........I think Bart is purposely putting people off the scent in order to keep his powder dry, when they will probably release it all at the Autosport show with glitz and glamour.

even in the old DSC article it said a manufacturer involvement in the Ginetta 3 car deal........Ginetta-Nissan-Rebellion.......all makes sense to me now, its all off the shelf stuff and relativley low risk opposed to going with the Gibson, Judd or Mechachrome......the Nissan-Cosworth V6 did a lot of talking in LeMans qualifying for me in the Kolles brick of a car........it was very quick, and I'm sure prospective 2018 LMP1 teams took great note, shame it didnt race for long.

I'm sure Cosworth have about 12 V6 LMP1 engines sitting in the warehouse from the defunct 3-car Nissan LMP1 front engined effort.......and they will do a favourable deal to get engines running instead of gathering dust.