Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 26 Jul 2020, 22:05 (Ref:3990931)   #1726
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A quick reminder that the British GP this weekend is Live on Channel4 in the UK. They are broadcasting from within the Bio-bubble with Live coverage of the 3 Free Practices as well as Qually and the Race.

Fri 10:55 - 12:35 & 14:55- 16:35
Sat 10:55 - 12:05. &13:00 - 16:00
Sun 13:00 -

Sky will have all their usual programming, worth noting that for those without Sky Sports ... FP3, Qually and the Race will all be on Sky 1 (ch106)

The Channel 4 team are apparently staying within the Bio-bubble for the second Silverstone event, this however is not being shown live by Channel 4 as their contract is specifically for the British GP and not any being held in the UK.
Old 26 Jul 2020, 22:27 (Ref:3990932)   #1727
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
A quick reminder that the British GP this weekend is Live on Channel4 in the UK. They are broadcasting from within the Bio-bubble with Live coverage of the 3 Free Practices as well as Qually and the Race.

Fri 10:55 - 12:35 & 14:55- 16:35
Sat 10:55 - 12:05. &13:00 - 16:00
Sun 13:00 -

Sky will have all their usual programming, worth noting that for those without Sky Sports ... FP3, Qually and the Race will all be on Sky 1 (ch106)

The Channel 4 team are apparently staying within the Bio-bubble for the second Silverstone event, this however is not being shown live by Channel 4 as their contract is specifically for the British GP and not any being held in the UK.

Thanks for the reminder

That will probably be the only GP I will be able to watch both live and ad-free.

The only other alternative for me is RTL Television (Free-To-Air, but in German and ad-interrupted), everything else is behind a paywall or simply unavailable to me.
Old 30 Jul 2020, 13:40 (Ref:3991658)   #1728
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
The Sky F1 coverage has popped up on my Virgin TV recording schedule, so I presume non-Sky subscribers can watch it for free on Sky as well.
Old 30 Jul 2020, 14:52 (Ref:3991668)   #1729
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Might be considered a bit 'over the top' but I'm @ Silverstone, and recording everything (F3, F2 & Porsche Supercup) on Sky, but I might just record a bit of C4 just to see if their Commentator is any better than Sky's. Usually I watch the F1 with the sound off as I just get so wound up otherwise.
Watching the Barcelona testing live on Sky I came close to actually throwing something at the TV!
Old 30 Jul 2020, 17:08 (Ref:3991685)   #1730
EastonNeston
Veteran

EastonNeston should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The really annoying part of Sky's coverage in Ted Kravitz, the rest of the coverage is pretty good, in depth and informed.

Kravitz just leaves me wondering what is the point.
Old 30 Jul 2020, 17:21 (Ref:3991689)   #1731
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I feel the opposite. Ted is super in depth and informed. He goes super technical and strategic in a way that most don't.

Ted to be is the superstar of the coverage.
Old 30 Jul 2020, 17:26 (Ref:3991690)   #1732
Mystery
Veteran

Jersey
Jersey
Mystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMystery should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk View Post
Might be considered a bit 'over the top' but I'm @ Silverstone, and recording everything (F3, F2 & Porsche Supercup) on Sky, but I might just record a bit of C4 just to see if their Commentator is any better than Sky's. Usually I watch the F1 with the sound off as I just get so wound up otherwise.
Watching the Barcelona testing live on Sky I came close to actually throwing something at the TV!
Don't think testing was a fair comparison as you had all sorts of people jumping into commentary. F1 digital people, BBC people. Just about everyone free apart from the C4 crew actually
Old 30 Jul 2020, 17:48 (Ref:3991695)   #1733
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I feel the opposite. Ted is super in depth and informed. He goes super technical and strategic in a way that most don't.

Ted to be is the superstar of the coverage.
i also think he is great.
Old 30 Jul 2020, 18:00 (Ref:3991698)   #1734
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
C4 coverage is i think better than Sky, but that is only my opinion, coultard, webber
and Billy Monger do a good job.
Old 30 Jul 2020, 18:10 (Ref:3991700)   #1735
djinvicta
Veteran

Wales
Mojacar Southern Spain
djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!djinvicta has a real shot at the podium!
It's the screaming commentator I can't stand on Ch4.
Old 30 Jul 2020, 18:18 (Ref:3991703)   #1736
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I am another who enjoys Ted Kravitz and love his 'Notebook' summary at the end.
Old 31 Jul 2020, 16:03 (Ref:3991896)   #1737
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Ben Edwards only really raises his tone when something big happens, like with Albon in FP2
Old 31 Jul 2020, 17:31 (Ref:3991921)   #1738
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I have no preference whether it's C4 or Sky, though Ben Edwards can get excitable. I mainly have the commentary on in case I missed something on track, or so I can watch the replay of an incident, or hear what's going on if I have to leave the room.
Old 31 Jul 2020, 19:49 (Ref:3991946)   #1739
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Ben Edwards only really raises his tone when something big happens, like with Albon in FP2
That must hurt his engineers ears over the team radio.
Old 31 Jul 2020, 19:50 (Ref:3991947)   #1740
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
I have no preference whether it's C4 or Sky, though Ben Edwards can get excitable. I mainly have the commentary on in case I missed something on track, or so I can watch the replay of an incident, or hear what's going on if I have to leave the room.
I’m a fan of Ben since the Indycar days and Eurosport F1 days. However I’ve not really heard him in his current F1 stint.
Old 1 Aug 2020, 01:42 (Ref:3991990)   #1741
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
I am another who enjoys Ted Kravitz and love his 'Notebook' summary at the end.
I really enjoy Ted's work too. The Notebooks are the best media segment by a country mile in my opinion.
Old 1 Aug 2020, 01:54 (Ref:3991991)   #1742
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
He’s a bit of a chuff sometimes, but hey most people are including all us lot. If he was more polished it’d just be bland. Is everything he says right? No. Do I agree with everything he says? No. He cares and when given the time is fun and interesting. I wouldn’t want him as an anchor or on a short highlights show, but he isn’t. He’s adding value to people who are choosing to watch practice or more than just the race.
Old 2 Aug 2020, 19:53 (Ref:3992559)   #1743
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
I decided to give Sky a go, since this is the one chance I have got of listening to Brundle, whom I really like. My goodness, I thought that mr shouty next to him was going to have a fit during the opening laps. He was literally screaming down the mic. Someone should play it back to him - awful awful.

Back to Ben Edwards and DC next weekend.
Old 2 Aug 2020, 20:16 (Ref:3992573)   #1744
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Crofty is hell. I can feel my immune system trying to reject my brain every time he speaks.

I am sure he was decent on radio but I now realise this can't have been true.
Old 2 Aug 2020, 23:27 (Ref:3992608)   #1745
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Must admit, Crofty was set to 11 on the shouty scale in the opening laps, I'd actually say that's the worst I've heard him.
Old 3 Aug 2020, 09:06 (Ref:3992652)   #1746
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I did write something to that effect recently and then felt so bad saying it, I deleted it. But I will say it now - perhaps his voice has a timbre not suited to commentary unless he quietens down the volume. He seems to shout - you can hear the reverberation in the room. And in turn, he makes Martin Brundle get louder too. Ben Edwards, for instance, sounds excited and yet is subtle - it never feels overboard.
Old 3 Aug 2020, 09:09 (Ref:3992655)   #1747
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It was nice to see C4 reusing the Chain when they were going through the 70 year history during the quali coverage. And good to see Captain Tom Moore talking about his memories of the British GP in the pre race coverage
Old 3 Aug 2020, 11:25 (Ref:3992679)   #1748
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
Must admit, Crofty was set to 11 on the shouty scale in the opening laps, I'd actually say that's the worst I've heard him.
Apologies if this is deemed crude, but it was an actual observation by someone in my household (not a racing fan) while he was shouting away on TV... "Its like he is having sex, about to climax and doing his own play by play."

Richard
Old 3 Aug 2020, 12:18 (Ref:3992684)   #1749
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
Apologies if this is deemed crude, but it was an actual observation by someone in my household (not a racing fan) while he was shouting away on TV... "Its like he is having sex, about to climax and doing his own play by play."

Richard
Does anyone have a mind enema? That's not an image I wanted.
Old 3 Aug 2020, 13:14 (Ref:3992695)   #1750
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post

Richard
Having sex with himself in my opinion.

Tags
pinks