Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 29 Jan 2022, 11:50 (Ref:4095831)   #1
GT-Eins
Veteran

Germany
Hannover, Germany
GT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ford Mustang GT3 / Northamerican GT Customer Programms

Regarding the recently announced Ford Mustang GT3-programme I considered that I am not aware of some facts - maybe one of the experts here in this Forum can bring some light onto this..

Ford announced that they intend to build 40-70 chassis from their latest customer-sports model in the coming years

That sounds good but is still some figures away from the numbers of e.g. the german manufacturers which are in the 3 digit range.

In the past there were quite some GTE / GT3 / GT4-Programmes from Northamerican Manufacturers. But I admit that I´m not aware of how many chassis have been build from them:

GTE/GTLM:
Ford GT
Corvette GTE
Viper GT2
Panoz GT2

GT3:
Ford Mustang FR500
Ford GT Matech
Cadillac GT3

GT4:
Ford Mustang
Panoz GT4
Saleen GT4
Camaro GT4
Dodge GT4

(I´m sure I missed several programs so feel free to complete the list)

Does anyone know how many chassis of each Model have been build or sold? Especially of the new GT4-programmes I have no clue!

Thanks in advance for any helpful data!
Old 29 Jan 2022, 12:08 (Ref:4095836)   #2
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Reiter built a GT3 Camaro but don't think it raced outside of the ADAC series?

And there is/was the Callaway Corvettes in GT3. The one at the beginning of the category and the one more recently in Germany?
Old 29 Jan 2022, 14:37 (Ref:4095845)   #3
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
About GTE there were also doran and robertson made ford GT, the riley LG corvette GT2, panoz abruzzi gtlm. Callaway corvettes are made in germany and unable to race in US out of GM-callaway deals. There was another tuner that made ford gt, lambda ford gt, but I think were just matech ford gt3 bought after matech bankrupt. Riley made Viper gt3 has been around for a little while too.
About camaro there was sareni-reiter camaro that ran only in adac and BES tests and a camaro and a corvette in old GTD-specs of early '10s (before 2014 grand-am ALMS merge) that were specs like something in between gt3 and gt4.
Old 29 Jan 2022, 15:28 (Ref:4095859)   #4
GT-Eins
Veteran

Germany
Hannover, Germany
GT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Regarding the Sareni Camaro Hans Reiter told me that they build 7 cars or so.
half of them were sold to Asia where the biggest success was winning the Thai Supercar GT Championship
Old 29 Jan 2022, 15:45 (Ref:4095863)   #5
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT-Eins View Post
Regarding the Sareni Camaro Hans Reiter told me that they build 7 cars or so.
half of them were sold to Asia where the biggest success was winning the Thai Supercar GT Championship
IIRC one car is in New-Zealand (or Australia).
Old 29 Jan 2022, 15:55 (Ref:4095868)   #6
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Reiter built a GT3 Camaro but don't think it raced outside of the ADAC series?

And there is/was the Callaway Corvettes in GT3. The one at the beginning of the category and the one more recently in Germany?
Callaway Competition (based in Germany) developed Corvette Z06 GT3 and Corvette C7 GT3. Racing in GT Masters, won the series couple of years ago. Cannot remember these cars have raced outside the German series. Assume also there are only one or two cars of each model.
Old 29 Jan 2022, 15:55 (Ref:4095869)   #7
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Australia. Was pretty quick in GT World Challenge Australia/Australian GT and was retired at the end from 2021.
Old 29 Jan 2022, 16:01 (Ref:4095871)   #8
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Callaway Competition (based in Germany) developed Corvette Z06 GT3 and Corvette C7 GT3. Racing in GT Masters, won the series couple of years ago. Cannot remember these cars have raced outside the German series. Assume also there are only one or two cars of each model.
They brought them stateside for SRO in 2019 I believe. Can't remember if they ran, there were some engine issues at one round.
Old 29 Jan 2022, 16:46 (Ref:4095878)   #9
GT-Eins
Veteran

Germany
Hannover, Germany
Quote:
According to Informations I got from Callaway about 16 GT3 Chassis have been build from the C6 GT3 plus 4 from the C6 GT4 plus 7 or 8 from the C7 GT3

however i would define this as a "european" Programme
Old 29 Jan 2022, 17:26 (Ref:4095882)   #10
Wilter Will
Racer

Russian Federation
Lyubertsy, Russia
Wilter Will should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWilter Will should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
One dutch team targets GT Open for this season with Corvette, but its not confirmed yet.
Old 29 Jan 2022, 20:26 (Ref:4096019)   #11
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Quote:
According to Informations I got from Callaway about 16 GT3 Chassis have been build from the C6 GT3 plus 4 from the C6 GT4 plus 7 or 8 from the C7 GT3

however i would define this as a "european" Programme
So many?
Old 29 Jan 2022, 22:39 (Ref:4096136)   #12
GT-Eins
Veteran

Germany
Hannover, Germany
Yepp

They would have build twice as much if they were allowed to sell Chassis in the US - but they were denied selling cars in North America for Racing purposes

An idea how many Corvette GTE Chassis were Build by P&M over the years?
Old 29 Jan 2022, 23:25 (Ref:4096173)   #13
canaglia
Veteran

canaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcanaglia should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yepp

They would have build twice as much if they were allowed to sell Chassis in the US - but they were denied selling cars in North America for Racing purposes

An idea how many Corvette GTE Chassis were Build by P&M over the years?
As far I remember last time I checked RSC some time ago, 7 C7R were built from 2013 to 2019, 6 C6R GT2/E (2 2009 provisional ALMS GT2 specs chassis powered by katech LS7R destroked to 6L + 4 full ACO GTE specs) and 8 C6R GT1. Usually P&M used to produce 2 new brand chassis a year for factory ALMS/IMSA+LM program, selling to private old second hand cars.
Considering P&M program got budget cuts year by year I think realistically no more than 4 C8R were made so far.
And yes you're right, callaway are basically cars made in germany, GM and callaway got a deal, GM supplied callaway with LT engines, callaway wasn't allowed to sell cars in USA because GM and P&M were already involved with cadillac gt3 program in PWC.
Old 30 Jan 2022, 15:04 (Ref:4096482)   #14
Koenigsegg
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Koenigsegg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
So many?
In the early GT3 years the Callaway Corvette was one of the most popular and successful models. They even made two iterations/homologations. One of them (might have been more) competed in SuperGT GT300 as well.

Callaway Corvette C7 GT3-R competed at Suzuka 10h before and if I'm not mistaken also in the Japanese SuperGT x DTM dream race.
Old 30 Jan 2022, 15:07 (Ref:4096484)   #15
Racing Harz
Veteran

Germany
Herzberg am Harz
Racing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRacing Harz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Koenigsegg View Post
Callaway Corvette C7 GT3-R competed at Suzuka 10h before and if I'm not mistaken also in the Japanese SuperGT x DTM dream race.

You mistake. In this race only raced the class 1 cars from DTM and Super GT.
Old 30 Jan 2022, 15:27 (Ref:4096491)   #16
Koenigsegg
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Quote:
Regarding the recently announced Ford Mustang GT3-programme I considered that I am not aware of some facts - maybe one of the experts here in this Forum can bring some light onto this..

Ford announced that they intend to build 40-70 chassis from their latest customer-sports model in the coming years

That sounds good but is still some figures away from the numbers of e.g. the german manufacturers which are in the 3 digit range.

In the past there were quite some GTE / GT3 / GT4-Programmes from Northamerican Manufacturers. But I admit that I´m not aware of how many chassis have been build from them:

GTE/GTLM:
Ford GT
Corvette GTE
Viper GT2
Panoz GT2

GT3:
Ford Mustang FR500
Ford GT Matech
Cadillac GT3

GT4:
Ford Mustang
Panoz GT4
Saleen GT4
Camaro GT4
Dodge GT4

(I´m sure I missed several programs so feel free to complete the list)

Does anyone know how many chassis of each Model have been build or sold? Especially of the new GT4-programmes I have no clue!

Thanks in advance for any helpful data!
There never was a Dodge GT4. What I do know from the top of my head and a bit of checking, without including GT1.

GTE/GTLM (excluding early GT2 models):
Chevrolet Corvette C6.R
Chevrolet Corvette C7.R
Chevrolet Corvette C8.R
Dodge Viper GTS-R (ran as SRT Viper GTS-R in the beginning)
Ford GT-R (the Robertson Racing one)
Ford GT LM
Panoz Abruzzi GT2
Panoz Esperante GTLM
Riley-Corvette C6 GT2 (the LG Motorsports one)

GT3 (excluding GT300 models):
Cadillac ATS-V.R GT3
Chevrolet Corvette C6 Z06.R GT3 (Callaway build, had two iterations/homologations)
Chevrolet Corvette C7 GT3-R (Callaway build)
Dodge Viper Competition Coupe (there might have been two iterations)
Dodge Viper GT3-R
Ford Mustang FR500C GT3
Ford Mustang Marc VDS GT3
Matech-Ford GT GT3 (later taken over by Lambda Performance)
SaReNi-Chevrolet Camaro GT3 (this is Reiter, but under the SaReNi name)

GT4:
Chevrolet Camaro GT4.R (Pratt & Miller build)
Chevrolet Camaro SS GT4 (Riley build)
Chevrolet Corvette C6 GT4 (Callaway build)
Ford Mustang FR500C GT4
Ford Mustang GT4
Panoz Avezzano GT4
Saleen S1 GT4
Old 30 Jan 2022, 15:28 (Ref:4096493)   #17
Koenigsegg
Veteran

Netherlands
Netherlands
Quote:
Originally Posted by Racing Harz View Post
You mistake. In this race only raced the class 1 cars from DTM and Super GT.
There was a support race though. Just checked, it was called the 'auto sport Web Sprint Cup'.
Old 30 Jan 2022, 17:12 (Ref:4096521)   #18
canaglia
Veteran

yes can confirm that there were two callaway z06 gt3 corvette running in gt300 in early '10s, one was of tomei team, the other one can't remember team name, recall it had an anime livery tho. Both teams never got big results anyway, also because if I'm not mistaken both had first model of z06 that was powered by roadcars swapped LS7 engine, the second and more evolved z06 model had the 6.2L V8 that was a more tuned racing engine supplied to callaway directly by GM.
Old 1 Feb 2022, 19:09 (Ref:4097004)   #19
GT-Eins
Veteran

Germany
Hannover, Germany
So we have following Numbers & Infos so far:

GTE/GTLM (excluding early GT2 models):
Chevrolet Corvette C6.R (6GTE - & 8 GT1)
Chevrolet Corvette C7.R (7 Chassis)
Chevrolet Corvette C8.R (4 Chassis)
Dodge Viper GTS-R (ran as SRT Viper GTS-R in the beginning)
Ford GT-R (the Robertson Racing one)
Ford GT LM
Panoz Abruzzi GT2
Panoz Esperante GTLM
Riley-Corvette C6 GT2 (the LG Motorsports one)

GT3 (excluding GT300 models):
Cadillac ATS-V.R GT3
Dodge Viper Competition Coupe (there might have been two iterations)
Dodge Viper GT3-R
Ford Mustang FR500C GT3
Ford Mustang Marc VDS GT3
Matech-Ford GT GT3 (later taken over by Lambda Performance)

GT4:
Chevrolet Camaro GT4.R (Pratt & Miller build)
Chevrolet Camaro SS GT4 (Riley build)
Ford Mustang FR500C GT4
Ford Mustang GT4
Panoz Avezzano GT4
Saleen S1 GT4

European build Programs:
Chevrolet Corvette C6 Z06.R GT3 (Callaway) 16 Chassis
Chevrolet Corvette C7 GT3-R (Callaway) 7 Chassis
Chevrolet Corvette C6 GT4 (Callaway) 4 Chassis
SaReNi-Chevrolet Camaro GT3 (Reiter) 7 Chassis

Any more numbers? Especially of the GT4 Programmes?
Old 1 Feb 2022, 19:36 (Ref:4097006)   #20
canaglia
Veteran

viper CC is something in the between US and europe since most of that program was managed by oreca that was tasked to assemble cars as well, as they did with second gen of S7R. Ford mustang MVDS was made by multimatic and 2012 viper gte/gt3 by riley before marchionne decided to kill racing program and soon later street viper as well.
Old 2 Feb 2022, 19:43 (Ref:4097148)   #21
GT-Eins
Veteran

Germany
Hannover, Germany
Any idea how many Competition Coupés have been build?
And how many were converted to GT3-spec (or was the CC automatically homologated as GT3?)
Old 2 Feb 2022, 20:17 (Ref:4097155)   #22
canaglia
Veteran

Quote:
Any idea how many Competition Coupés have been build?
And how many were converted to GT3-spec (or was the CC automatically homologated as GT3?)

In mid-late '00, GT3 wasn't regoulated as it is now, it was quite easy for small tuners/manufacturers like ascari or mosler to get a gt3 homologation or a GTN homologation accepted as GT3 in a lot of national series, however according to RSC, these are the chassis numbers reported for VCC
Old 5 Feb 2022, 11:34 (Ref:4097470)   #23
GT-Eins
Veteran

Germany
Hannover, Germany
WOW - quite complete List!
So 82 reported or confirmed Chassis - did I get this right?
All GT3?
And the numbers range up to C99 - so I suspect there are some even missing in the list... ?
Old 5 Feb 2022, 15:10 (Ref:4097489)   #24
canaglia
Veteran

Quote:
WOW - quite complete List!
So 82 reported or confirmed Chassis - did I get this right?
All GT3?
And the numbers range up to C99 - so I suspect there are some even missing in the list... ?

as far I remember viper CC wasn't originally made as a gt3 car, it was only years later accepted in gt3 and it ran in ALMS gt2 class as well
Old 8 Feb 2022, 05:31 (Ref:4097760)   #25
champcarman
Veteran

champcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridchampcarman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Still appears occasionally.