Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 28 Oct 2016, 18:45 (Ref:3683667)   #91
Aysedasi
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
a namby then?, you will miss out on a lot of then fun the campsites are a huge part of the event drinking and eating with like minded people for a whole week and meeting up with the friends you have not seem for a year
Don't listen to him - you won't miss anything - you may even be sober and stay awake for the race......
Old 29 Oct 2016, 13:47 (Ref:3683834)   #92
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well apart from the great camping experience and that will be replaced by all that travelling time spent in the queues to get anywhere with all the roads closed, but some old people like a comfortable bed rather than a good time
Old 29 Oct 2016, 18:24 (Ref:3683869)   #93
Aysedasi
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Very few queues Simon, certainly not after qually on Wednesday and Thursday and less than 24 minutes after the race from parking blanc to hotel. The point to make though is the good thing about Le Mans is that you can do it how you want to - there are various ways, and regulars like you and I become set in them. It doesn't matter as long as you enjoy what you're doing!
Old 29 Oct 2016, 19:56 (Ref:3683886)   #94
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Agreed Andrew, but a young first timer to le mans would i think be better suited to camping that someone of more senior years but do pop in and have a drink with the usual mob in TR in June
Old 29 Oct 2016, 20:15 (Ref:3683894)   #95
Aysedasi
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
20KPINAL

England
Maybe, but camping isn't for everyone, even if they're young and a Le Mans rookie!
Old 31 Oct 2016, 13:50 (Ref:3684281)   #96
PhilipR
Rookie

Romania
London
PhilipR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Haha enjoying the debate.

I am not much of a fan of camping and I am also coming with my father who for sure will not camp.

But maybe next time
Old 31 Oct 2016, 13:56 (Ref:3684283)   #97
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tickets and ferry booked today. Camping as usual. Allon on the ferry to drop off at namby central and Joe (can't remember what he calls himself on here) is coming again as he has permission to miss his wedding anniversary for the second year in a row :-)
Old 2 Nov 2016, 17:56 (Ref:3684813)   #98
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridnobster should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridnobster should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridnobster should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Will be back at Terte Rouge next year, confirmation arrived this week, also trying out another grand stand, t21 tavano, anyone been on that one?
Old 2 Nov 2016, 19:25 (Ref:3684834)   #99
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
See you there (hopefully)
Old 3 Nov 2016, 14:25 (Ref:3685030)   #100
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Greenville, SC
ATLFalconsFAN has a real shot at the podium!ATLFalconsFAN has a real shot at the podium!ATLFalconsFAN has a real shot at the podium!ATLFalconsFAN has a real shot at the podium!ATLFalconsFAN has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
Will be back at Terte Rouge next year, confirmation arrived this week, also trying out another grand stand, t21 tavano, anyone been on that one?
That's the first grandstand I ever sat in. Great if you want to see pit in, and close to Ford as well. Amazing for the podium! I'm not the person to ask about that section of grandstand though, I'm not a fan of watching the cars go straight by every time. I'm more of a Ford, Dunlop chicane kind of guy.
Old 3 Nov 2016, 17:09 (Ref:3685077)   #101
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well in the last week, booked le mans camping and tickets, spa accommodation and silverstone travel lodge , lets hope 2017 wec does not get cancelled
Old 4 Nov 2016, 00:02 (Ref:3685172)   #102
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridvincegail should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridvincegail should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Just arrived home to a parcel from UPS containing my tickets for the 2017 Le Mans 24 Hours. Must be some kind of a record!
Old 4 Nov 2016, 09:02 (Ref:3685276)   #103
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Just arrived home to a parcel from UPS containing my tickets for the 2017 Le Mans 24 Hours. Must be some kind of a record!
Already? are you sure they are not 2016

anyway should get mine soon then, i know nadine has never let me down, but i still worry until i get them in my hands
Old 5 Nov 2016, 12:11 (Ref:3685480)   #104
isynge
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well in the last week, booked le mans camping and tickets, spa accommodation and silverstone travel lodge , lets hope 2017 wec does not get cancelled
Where are you staying for Spa? Fair few 2017 plans up in the air here but one way or another figure a Spa trip will likely to take place in some shape or form.
Old 5 Nov 2016, 14:18 (Ref:3685498)   #105
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
we have booked the same place as we did for the classic, domaine long pre

it is a sort of country park near stavalot (kind of centre parks) chalets were basic, but not in them apart from sleeping really and the reception area has a basic restaurant and reasonable bar. The park is very rural and some facilities like swimming pool. main advantage is it is cheap got a 4/6 person chalet for 4 nights for 200 euro,s we will go thursday but might go back sunday or monday 4th night was basically free.

http://www.domainelongpre.be/en