Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 11 May 2017, 14:23 (Ref:3732819)   #176
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
They also only check your grandstand pass when you enter the grandstand so if it is pretty empty you can sit where you like once you are passed the staff.
Old 11 May 2017, 16:56 (Ref:3732849)   #177
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
They also only check your grandstand pass when you enter the grandstand so if it is pretty empty you can sit where you like once you are passed the staff.
Quite important if you're a photographer and you're in the stands opposite the pits as you'll need to be up high to have any chance of getting a shot without fencing in the way...
Old 11 May 2017, 17:21 (Ref:3732852)   #178
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
A couple years ago I was leaving the grandstand at the Ford Chicane, the very pretty girl giving out passes handed me one, said something in French that I did not understand, and gave me a little wink. I looked down at the pass and she'd written her name and "With love from Le Mans" on the back of the pass. I still have that one as it made my day.
Old 12 May 2017, 10:17 (Ref:3732968)   #179
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
A couple years ago I was leaving the grandstand at the Ford Chicane, the very pretty girl giving out passes handed me one, said something in French that I did not understand, and gave me a little wink. I looked down at the pass and she'd written her name and "With love from Le Mans" on the back of the pass. I still have that one as it made my day.
No phone number though? haha
Old 12 May 2017, 13:04 (Ref:3732997)   #180
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post

Are you sure it wasn't quite a few years ago, and her name was Erta.....?

For those with longer memories......
Old 12 May 2017, 13:37 (Ref:3733004)   #181
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
i remember big bertha, she died a few years ago and got a mention in all the main french press
Old 12 May 2017, 17:10 (Ref:3733034)   #182
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Are you sure it wasn't quite a few years ago, and her name was Erta.....?

For those with longer memories......
Nope.

Old 12 May 2017, 17:44 (Ref:3733035)   #183
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Ah yes, Erta's little sister.........
Old 12 May 2017, 18:06 (Ref:3733039)   #184
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Ah yes, Erta's little sister.........
Did you ever visit the stand in the funfair, i saw here outside once or twice but never paid to go in and see her in all her glory or should i say out of all her glory
Old 12 May 2017, 18:29 (Ref:3733043)   #185
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Oh yes Simon, I remember the ahem, 'delights' of the old funfair very well. They would never get away with that sort of entertainment these days! I never did pluck up the courage to go in and see her, although, like you, I did see her outside several times.

One member of our team in 1987 kept on disappearing to the fairground during the weekend. We just laughed to ourselves saying '******'s back down there again!'. I think that was the first time he'd ever seen a stripper.....
Old 12 May 2017, 19:35 (Ref:3733053)   #186
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
did visit the snake (plus keepers) show on one very early visit in the eighties, in those days most of the fun fair would cause todays pc brigade to fall down dead with shock
Old 12 May 2017, 21:08 (Ref:3733067)   #187
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
did visit the snake (plus keepers) show on one very early visit in the eighties, in those days most of the fun fair would cause todays pc brigade to fall down dead with shock
The old fair had character you can hardly describe the couple of rides these days as a fairground
Sean
Old 14 May 2017, 21:49 (Ref:3733522)   #188
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Did you ever visit the stand in the funfair, i saw here outside once or twice but never paid to go in and see her in all her glory or should i say out of all her glory
Click image for larger version

Name:	c51-fairground1991 (1).jpg
Views:	20
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	49590
Old 15 May 2017, 17:08 (Ref:3733643)   #189
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Goodness me, that takes me back!
Old 15 May 2017, 18:39 (Ref:3733669)   #190
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
The funfair was once an amazing experience, but over the years the stalls changed the old peep show type went first then the more dangerous thrill rides, then the shooting galleries (using small bore shot guns) then the go karts, not much left now and when the big wheel and caged bungie jumps all moved to other area's.
I think last year there were just a few food stalls left in the old funfair area and the stage for the concerts
Old 17 May 2017, 15:28 (Ref:3734082)   #191
otisdog
Rookie

United States
Camano island, Washington
otisdog should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Anybody old enough to remember "Action Jackson?"
Old 17 May 2017, 16:11 (Ref:3734089)   #192
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
i recall a film of that name but can't remember anything else
Old 25 May 2017, 21:38 (Ref:3736051)   #193
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
It's with a heavy heart that I've decided not to attend this year's 24 Hours race. But all for a good reason! I am starting a new job Monday 19th as a surveyor in the port of Antwerp and experience has taught me that when I leave after the race and drive home in one go, I will be completely nackered on the Monday. As my new job involves a lot of responsability, I'd like to be well rested and alert. Therefor I'll be returning home Friday morning 16th of June. I will still be attending testday, stay in Beaumont sur Sarthe for a week, do scrutineering, pitwalk on Tuesday, qualifying on Wednesday and Thursday, and the usual banter and festivities on Tertre Rouge. It's just that I'll be leaving on the Friday. Will watch the race at home, and will be fighting fit on the Monday to start my new career
Old 26 May 2017, 04:35 (Ref:3736094)   #194
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
sorry to hear your news Vince, i am sure you will enjoy the test day and lead up to the race but such a pity you will not be there for the big weekend and the meeting. But needs must and your new job sounded good when we spoke at Spa so this is probably the right choice.
Old 26 May 2017, 08:34 (Ref:3736111)   #195
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
It's with a heavy heart that I've decided not to attend this year's 24 Hours race. But all for a good reason! I am starting a new job Monday 19th as a surveyor in the port of Antwerp and experience has taught me that when I leave after the race and drive home in one go, I will be completely nackered on the Monday. As my new job involves a lot of responsability, I'd like to be well rested and alert. Therefor I'll be returning home Friday morning 16th of June. I will still be attending testday, stay in Beaumont sur Sarthe for a week, do scrutineering, pitwalk on Tuesday, qualifying on Wednesday and Thursday, and the usual banter and festivities on Tertre Rouge. It's just that I'll be leaving on the Friday. Will watch the race at home, and will be fighting fit on the Monday to start my new career
Obviously you'll be missed but delighted by your news - very pleased.
Old 26 May 2017, 09:08 (Ref:3736116)   #196
Elaviel
Racer

England
Kent
Elaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridElaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Congratulations on the new job!

Such a shame you will miss the race, But it's completely understandable.
Old 26 May 2017, 12:04 (Ref:3736149)   #197
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Congratulations on the new job VG. I've often thought that for serious followers of the race the ideal plan would be to attend the qualifying to experience the atmosphere and then go and watch the actual race on tv with all the live timing and discussions at your fingertips.
Old 26 May 2017, 16:03 (Ref:3736195)   #198
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Oh no! Are we on april 1st? A shame but congratulations for the new job. I hope for you to be a good and great expérience. You make a difficult but reasonable choice.
Good luck😉!
Old 26 May 2017, 17:39 (Ref:3736204)   #199
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Congratulations on the job Vince. A cool and level-headed decision, if I may say so. As others have said already, we'll miss you for the race itself, but hopefully our paths will cross in the days beforehand. You'll have a pretty good idea where to find James and I during scrutineering, so we'll hope to see you there....
Old 26 May 2017, 21:04 (Ref:3736256)   #200
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Brave and wise decision Vince, there is more in life outside LM and that is more important. I missed 2006 and never regretted it, it makes all other races more intence. Congratulations on the new job.