Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 27 May 2017, 07:18 (Ref:3736289)   #201
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
It's with a heavy heart that I've decided not to attend this year's 24 Hours race. But all for a good reason! I am starting a new job Monday 19th as a surveyor in the port of Antwerp and experience has taught me that when I leave after the race and drive home in one go, I will be completely nackered on the Monday. As my new job involves a lot of responsability, I'd like to be well rested and alert. Therefor I'll be returning home Friday morning 16th of June. I will still be attending testday, stay in Beaumont sur Sarthe for a week, do scrutineering, pitwalk on Tuesday, qualifying on Wednesday and Thursday, and the usual banter and festivities on Tertre Rouge. It's just that I'll be leaving on the Friday. Will watch the race at home, and will be fighting fit on the Monday to start my new career
Congratulations Vince!

Have to say, I admire your professionalism, restraint and dedication, you are very correct. I can't honestly say I would have come to the same decision...

See you in 15 days
Old 27 May 2017, 14:55 (Ref:3736383)   #202
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Congrats on the new job Vincent, we'll have a toast on it at TR, See you there!
Old 27 May 2017, 20:21 (Ref:3736490)   #203
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Tickets in hand. Always a nice feeling (relief).

Congrats Vince and hopefully see you around in the week.
Old 28 May 2017, 09:00 (Ref:3736602)   #204
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
It's with a heavy heart that I've decided not to attend this year's 24 Hours race. But all for a good reason! I am starting a new job Monday 19th as a surveyor in the port of Antwerp and experience has taught me that when I leave after the race and drive home in one go, I will be completely nackered on the Monday. As my new job involves a lot of responsability, I'd like to be well rested and alert. Therefor I'll be returning home Friday morning 16th of June. I will still be attending testday, stay in Beaumont sur Sarthe for a week, do scrutineering, pitwalk on Tuesday, qualifying on Wednesday and Thursday, and the usual banter and festivities on Tertre Rouge. It's just that I'll be leaving on the Friday. Will watch the race at home, and will be fighting fit on the Monday to start my new career
Congratulations Vince!
A good decision, even though it is not only the race you are missing... You are missing the TenTenths Meeting as well! :O
Hope to see you around before you leave
Old 29 May 2017, 12:26 (Ref:3737113)   #205
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Congratulations on your new job Vince.
A decision well taken, but I know how dedicated to le Mans you are.
Hope to see you between 13th and 15th June.
Old 31 May 2017, 09:48 (Ref:3737605)   #206
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Does anyone have a spare seat going in a car for just the race itself? Or just the Test Day itself? Can't take time off work, but would like to go if possible...
Old 1 Jun 2017, 07:50 (Ref:3737882)   #207
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
ETD: 25 minutes. First waypoint: Reims. Stocking up on some bubbly fermented grape juice
See you in Le Mans!
Old 1 Jun 2017, 09:08 (Ref:3737893)   #208
Elaviel
Racer

England
Kent
Elaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridElaviel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
ETD: 25 minutes. First waypoint: Reims. Stocking up on some bubbly fermented grape juice
See you in Le Mans!
Safe journey! Hopefully see you soon (if I ever get out of this hospital!)
Old 1 Jun 2017, 11:22 (Ref:3737911)   #209
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
They will kick you out soon if only to stop me from coming into the ward
Old 7 Jun 2017, 12:00 (Ref:3739222)   #210
Alex87
Rookie

Argentina
Buenos Aires
Alex87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Welcome to the forum Alex, i am sure someone will be able to help you but you will need to let people know where you are camping and how you are travelling, as for tents etc there is a big Decathlon near the start of mulsanne where cheap tents will be available (early in week at least), and from there you can easily get back to the campsites close to tertre rouge but it is a long way to the other sites. You will love Le Mans
Thanks everyone for the welcome!

I will be arriving to Le Mans next Tuesday and haven´t decided how because I am in Paris Right now. I´m still looking for a place to sleep as I don´t have a tent and buying that, a sleeping bag and a inflated mattress for only once seems too much. Anyone has 1 place in his tent or caravan? that would be REALLY helpful for me. Otherwise, which other options I have? (maybe I can check other forums...but don´t know many).

Thanks for your help and the countdown has started!
Old 7 Jun 2017, 12:04 (Ref:3739226)   #211
Alex87
Rookie

Argentina
Buenos Aires
Alex87 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh, forgot to say that I will be at the yellow (jaune) AA zone.

Anyone coming to Paris these days?
Old 8 Jun 2017, 13:46 (Ref:3739470)   #212
Giba
Racer

United Kingdom
Leeds
Giba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex87 View Post
Thanks everyone for the welcome!

I will be arriving to Le Mans next Tuesday and haven´t decided how because I am in Paris Right now. I´m still looking for a place to sleep as I don´t have a tent and buying that, a sleeping bag and a inflated mattress for only once seems too much. Anyone has 1 place in his tent or caravan? that would be REALLY helpful for me. Otherwise, which other options I have? (maybe I can check other forums...but don´t know many).

Thanks for your help and the countdown has started!
Hi Alex, there is a spare space in my tent on the ten tenths international camp that you are welcome to use. If you message the international camp thread on the forum then Kenn (who organises it) and sort you out.

It is a fantastic place to stay during Le Mans and you will be surrounded by people from across the world who all love the race!
Old 8 Jun 2017, 15:26 (Ref:3739488)   #213
kpkorsager
Racer

Denmark
Vojens
kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!kpkorsager has a real shot at the podium!
Hi Alex87
You are welcome at the international Camp.
You would be our first from South America.
Send me pm if you want to join us
Kenn
Old 9 Jun 2017, 13:02 (Ref:3739683)   #214
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought about starting a security at LM thread, but don't like the idea of it. My question is anyone taking any extra precautions this year and does anyone know whether the exterior (ie Blue Nord) campsites will have better fencing/ perimeters?
Old 9 Jun 2017, 13:03 (Ref:3739684)   #215
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrimage View Post
... whether the exterior (ie Blue Nord) campsites will have better fencing/ perimeters?
Actually I am wondering if I will be able to walk in over the ditch as usual with a crate of beer!
Old 9 Jun 2017, 13:58 (Ref:3739699)   #216
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilgrimage View Post
I thought about starting a security at LM thread, but don't like the idea of it.

We have one already.......

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=150390
Old 10 Jun 2017, 07:45 (Ref:3739884)   #217
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, that's me packed and ready for the off. A couple of things to do on the way to meet Ayse at Portsmouth, so I'll hit the Log Out button and wish everyone who's going a very safe journey down to La Sarthe.

Looking forward to seeing everyone over the next few days!

Old 10 Jun 2017, 07:50 (Ref:3739887)   #218
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Have a safe trip guys, and see you there.
Old 10 Jun 2017, 08:12 (Ref:3739891)   #219
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yep, I'm all packed up as well. I seem to have an awful lot of stuff this year! Just been for coffee with the missus and now chilling for a couple of hours before I head off for Portsmouth at about 11.45. So this may nor may not be my last post before the off.
Old 10 Jun 2017, 09:20 (Ref:3739907)   #220
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
So when is everyone else heading off? (Said he, killing a bit of time...... )
Old 10 Jun 2017, 09:24 (Ref:3739911)   #221
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
So when is everyone else heading off? (Said he, killing a bit of time...... )
Tuesday schedule:

Wake up 03:15 RO time
Airport 4:30
Take off for Munich 6:30
Land at Munich for flight connection 7:10 CET
Take off for Paris 9:25
Land at CDG 10:55
Get to Montparnasse
TGV at 13:44
Arrive at Le Mans 14:40
Jump on tram
Trackside by 15:30
Old 10 Jun 2017, 09:25 (Ref:3739912)   #222
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Long day Victor. The rest of the afternoon/evening to set up camp then, I guess.....?
Old 10 Jun 2017, 09:29 (Ref:3739913)   #223
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Should be all set as I'm with Kenn's group and they'll be arriving Monday night to prepare everything.
Old 10 Jun 2017, 10:15 (Ref:3739920)   #224
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Even better!
Old 10 Jun 2017, 10:16 (Ref:3739921)   #225
Truckosaurus
Veteran

England
North Hampshire
Truckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTruckosaurus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
My brother is collecting me at sometime on Monday in his VW T25 motorhome and we're staying Monday night somewhere in Kent and then onto to an early tunnel crossing on Tuesday morning and should be at the campsite by late afternoon.